Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, two films (might be one, but I remember two scenes, totally unrelated).

One had whoopi goldberg in a dentist's chair, and the (male) dentist was leaning in to work on her mouth, and his crotch ended up being pushed against her hand. She seemed to enjoy it, I don't think he noticed, oddly enough.

Another scene/movie, some guy is on the phone, talking about something obviously intense, as he seems REALLY upset. Right in the middle of his conversation, an operator comes online and asks him to put another 25 cents in (or another amount) to the phone to continue his conversation. The guy loses it, screaming "WHAT? THIS IS NOT A PAY PHONE!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sizzlechest posted:

She did not enjoy it and I think she grabs the guy by the balls. I'm pretty sure it's Burglar, but it might be Jumpin' Jack Flash. They came out within a year of each other and I can't remember which lovely movie she did that in.

Ah thanks! Not that I really want to see it again, just curious.

Now, for the phone scene... anyone? I don't think it was Chevy Chase.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks to whoever answered my 'This is not a pay phone!" request. Oddly enough, I read what you had told me, promptly forgot about it, since I wasn't sure if it was right, and then I ended up watching Funny Farm a few days later, and it all came back to me. Yes, that was the movie.

Ok, another one. I think this is a show rather than a movie, but here goes;

Two scenes:

Scene 1: It's some sort of safari, and a bunch of people (I think) have already been captured in this room with a cage. One guy has to get to them, but in the room, there's this eye on the wall that, if he looks at it, will freeze him with terror/awe/something, and it forces them to walk backwards or something (I know it freezes them, but not in the respect that they can't move at all, it just pretty much makes them forget what they were doing and back away while not being able to look away from the eye). The reason I think this might be a show is because I remember seeing this whole part in full only once, but I recall seeing the 'OH NO, I'M LOOKING AT THE EYE AND I'M BACKING UP NOW!' shot many many times, almost in a montage (perhaps the opening of the show?)

Scene 2: A guy is downtown, and he has a picture, or a piece of paper. It's important, and it ends up being blown out of his hands and floats down a set of subway stairs. He goes down the stairs to get it, and when he turns around, the stairs are gone completely. I think at this point, he realizes he's been transported into a magical world, and has to go through a bunch of trials (the eye thing above might be part of that, I don't know) to get back into the real world. The only thing I remember about these trials (if there even were any) was that, in one bluish-purple misty room, there was a row of either knives or spoons, as tall as a grown person, all lined up, along a walkway.

I have had these memories from this show for as long as I can remember. It's starting to drive me nuts, as I keep wanting to know what they're from. I figure at least SOME goons amid the thousands that visit this site must have seen something like this when they were younger? They were children shows, that I know. For some reason, I want to think it's Captain Kangaroo, the colour version that played in the 80's. Didn't they have a 'story time' each episode?

I want to figure this out so badly that I will gladly buy platinum or archives or a snazzy custom title for whoever can solve even ONE of these mysteries for me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Crappy made-for-tv ghost movie (man, there were a TON of those between 93-96, weren't there?)

I missed the whole drat thing, but the last scene has a woman vaccuuming, and she hears the sound of many whispers behind her. She shuts the vaccuum off, and turns around... and it ends.

Another one had a scene where two people were in bed, and they woke up to see a silhouette of a man being displayed on their open door, from the light of the moon. Husband went out there after the silhouette moved, and there was no one there. I think the house was on top of some sort of old burial ground.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Action Jacktion posted:

I think that's The Haunted.

gently caress, I read the 'tag line' as "When the Smurf family moves into a duplex, they find out its haunted" and thought 'what the hell? No.'

But yeah, that's probably it. Yay Jeffrey DeMunn!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

In response to my earlier request here...

Just wanted to post and say that I've found the show I was looking for. Turns out it was Captain Kangaroo all along (the 70's/80's era)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0wNpecURU&feature=related

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, I've got one... very hard for me to picture what else is going on in the scene, but it's a bunch of people who are in a bad situation (captured, or about to die, or something) and one guy sort of freaks out at another guy, yelling at him about what's goign to happen to everyone, and he keeps yelling "THAT'S YOUR MOTIVATION!!", as if explaining to an actor how to act.

Anyone?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

1 posted:

Could this be The Blair Witch Project? It's Josh shouting at Heather rather than two guys, but other than that it's spot on.

YES!! Thank you so much. It just popped in my head today and couldn't even come close to remembering where it's from. It's been years since I saw the movie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Strontosaurus posted:

Okay, this one may be a bit of a stretch, but it's been bugging me for quite some time. I caught the end of a trailer maybe three years ago, I think at Alone In the Dark (:barf:), for a movie that, as far as I could tell, was about evolution going completely wild and the animals just getting awesome and angry and stuff. I remember a gorilla-like creature tearing the roof off of a car and there were a ton of thick, green vines. I think. Did this movie ever come out or is it just a figment of my imagination?

Was this "A Sound of Thunder" (maybe "The Sound of Thunder") with Ben Kingsley?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Strontosaurus posted:

Hell yeah, that's it! Thank you so much!

Just to let you know, don't see that movie. I would instead track down the short story by Ray Bradbury. It's totally excellent (and yes, actually short), whereas the movie took a disgusting amount of liberties with the concept and came out horrible on the other end, and it really, really shouldn't have been made into a feature film. Short film, sure. The way the book ends is perfect.

Actually, scratch all that. See the movie, then read the book, and you'll be amazed.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

jonny! posted:

There's this youtube clip that pops up here every now and again and I can never find it again or remember the name of the movie. It's like a slumber party type slasher where a dude pops in looking like fonzi and he takes out his guitar with a drill on the end of it and then performs a musical number, all building up to a startling conclusion.

I don't know what this is, but I want to see it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I put your quote into IMDB (don't know if you had done that yet) and got these results...

http://www.imdb.com/Find?select=Quotes&for=I%20have%20a%20little%20money.%20Someday%2C%20I%20hope%20to%20have%20more%20money.%20That's%20where%20you%20come%20in

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Looking for an actor, rather than a movie.

He's one of those character actors, more major in the 90's. Tall, red hair, sort of big... I can picture him in a hawaiian shirt. Maybe early 40's by now, he seems like the type of guy who could just have played every Eric Stoltz role ever, only he's bigger than Stoltz, physically. Also unlike Stoltz, he'd never have his own leading role (feel free to correct me, if you know who I'm talking about), as far as I know.

I don't know what scene from what movie it is, but I can picture him saying/yelling "Oh man! OH MAN!".

Not Jason Flemyng (he's too small, plus I know who he is), nor is it Damian Lewis.

Help?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Unfortunately, no on all accounts, but thanks anyway!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

White Legs posted:

This one was a short film I saw on Youtube I thought was named Wrong Turn. A man turns down a street looking for help (I think) but everyone in the street is Mannequins and he gets confused. He begins to lose it as he walks through the street after hitting a mail box and they all move whenever he isn't looking, he goes into a house and starts destroying a family and he is completely nuts and everyone was real

I'm not too good at describing things but I think these should give a good enough vibe of what I'm talking about.

Arg, I know this one.. I think it's something like 'Stand still" or... something similar. I thought I even knew it as I clicked 'reply' (well, 'quote', actually').

Still Frame?

EDIT: It's called Still Life.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 13, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I don't honestly know if I'm thinking of a show or movie, but the scene is some guy gives someone else a neti pot (the thing you fill with warm water, stick in one nostril, and let the water flush everything out through the other nostril when you tilt your head) for a birthday gift or something. I think the guy even mentioned that it was his, but he didn't use it anymore.

My fiancee also remembers this, but try as we might, we can't remember what it's from.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ClydeUmney posted:

I think there was a plotline about this on Cougar Town (weirdly, it was on the one episode of the show I ever watched).

Hmm, I've never seen that show, though. And I don't mean I've never seen a full episode, I actually haven't seen any clips or anything.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ynohtna posted:

Is it this scene from Six Feet Under?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysCjoa2tS-M

YES! THANK YOU! George's Neti pot.

Man, what a horrible gift.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I have one: this is an old black and white movie. I think people were trapped in a house with a bunch of booby traps or something. One guy goes running blindly into a room and there's no floor! Luckily he held on to the doorknob and pulls himself back up.

House on Haunted Hill? With Vincent Price?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051744/?ref_=sr_2

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The movie I'm thinking of was a made-for-tv Poltergeist rip-off, which seemed to be a dime a dozen in the early 90's. The one scene I can remember is of a couple in bed at night. They look out to their open bedroom door, which is bathed in moonlight, and there's a shadow of a man just standing there. They go out to check, but no one's there.

Another scene from a similar movie is the last one right before the credits roll. A woman is vacuuming and as the camera sneaks up behind her, you can hear whispering getting louder and louder.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Co-worker just started telling me about this movie he couldn't remmeber. First 5-10 minutes had nothing to do with the rest of the film. Office setting, elderly workers start taking over and it becomes like a pirate ship.

Sounds weird and awesome and I have to know.

EDIT: Nevermind! Monty Python and the Meaning of Life. I knew it sounded familiar, but I always come in at the middle of that movie (machine that goes 'beep', sex-ed class, irishman who has 26 kids, etc)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm thinking of a conversation between two people, this could be from a film or a movie. There's a line in it that's "You know, I didn't talk to one person today." I'm wracking my brain trying to remember where it's from. Possibly Breaking Bad?

EDIT: And, as always when I post here, I find it right away. Pump Up the Volume. Happy Harry Hard-on, addressing his listeners.

http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/pumpupthevolume.html

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MisterGBH posted:

I'm actually trying to remember where a specific line comes from.
It's two people meeting for the first time and one asks the others name, they respond and the other retorts something along the lines of "do you have a surname or are you like Madonna?"
It's been driving me insane! TIA

Weird, I think I remember this, too, but couldn't tell you from where.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hannibal Rex posted:

Not from a movie, but I'm pretty sure it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBSB2WhUdRc

Dear god, I'm kind of glad I completely missed out on this show; Terminators are laughably bad at completing assassination missions, and I can't see that going for multiple seasons like it did.

Two films, sure, but after that, yeesh.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Videodrome

I can barely remember this film, but doesn't James Woods pull a gun out of his stomach/rib cage?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This doesn't have anyone walking out of a cell and then walking back in though :confused:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

It sounds sort of like The Uninvited from 69, but A. IIRC that movie is French, and B. the actors were much older. I don't remember a striped shirt either. Maybe the wrong decades?

This reminds me of my grandfather mentioning this movie when I was little (like 10 years old) and one of my favourite NES games was 'Uninvited', and I totally thought that they made a movie of it, or it was based on a movie. I tried looking for that film soooo much, and ended up watching this, which was weird and nothing like it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108445/?ref_=fn_al_tt_8

:smith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

morestuff posted:

Or that bit with the spears in Ace Ventura 2

http://youtu.be/JEmklTvAkbM

That's what dude's request made me think of, thanks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

If you liked Ace, Ace 2 is not bad. It suffers from the typical comedy sequel disease where they're compelled to riff on the first movie's memes there's still good stuff there but it's not as tight as Ace 1

Oh, I don't need an excuse to watch the Ace movies again, meaning that I never plan on it. The kind of stuff I found funny when I was 12 is much different than now. I know that makes me sound all :smug: but it's true.

Dumb and Dumber, however, still holds up, and is maybe even better after all these years. Truly his best comedy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Someone is trying to fool someone else with a briefcase of money. 100s are on tops of the stacks but underneath is blank paper. The money was rubberbanded.

Thanks.

This is a long shot, but 3 Ninjas?

Edit: Seriously, there was a scene at the beginning with a bunch of exposition with regards to the bad guy being all evil and I think someone tries to pull this on him.

Edit: I knew I wasn't crazy.

Approx 8m50s here:

https://youtu.be/SKeytCtbkYQ

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 7, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

As a Quebecer (though originally from NB) I NEED to see that film.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

I'm watching Red Dwarf and a very old memory just popped into my head, of an 80s or early 90s movie scene. Not even a whole scene--I can only remember a single shot: a lone spaceship with a gaping hole in the side, like something took a bite out of it. Eerie as hell.

I imagine there's a lot of movies with imagery like this, but I love monster horror so where should I start?

Well, the time frame is off, but that happens near the beginning of Star Trek:Generations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

John de Lancie, nooooo :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

oldpainless posted:

John de Lancie is very particular about what roles he takes and holds himself to a high standard.

https://youtu.be/QX_0JbMrl8I

Welp, that's the pinnacle of his Pinochle. :eyepop:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

EDIT: ^^^ Goddammit!!

Ah well, more people need to see The Royal Tenenbaums, so this goon is alright.

fletcher posted:

Looking for a movie where there's a scene of somebody alone in a bathroom staring into the mirror and then shaving their head. I feel like this scene has been in a bunch of different movies I'm just blanking on them.

The Royal Tenenbaums, when Richie finds out that Margot has been cheating on Raleigh with a bunch of guys, including Eli.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg6EXX011rs

I've always wondered why Richie says 'I'm going to kill myself tomorrow', but then just does it right there. Anyone?

edit: Oh, nevermind... from the commentary (copy-pasted from a site discussing Anderson answering this question):

quote:

Anderson mentions confusion he has heard from audience members about Richie’s line “I’m going to kill myself tomorrow” followed by him slitting his wrists. The director explains it’s a line taken from Le feu follet or The Fire Within, a Louis Malle movie, which Anderson notes was a huge influence on The Royal Tenenbaums. He explains this was a “turn” Richie makes and decides then and there to kill himself immediately.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 24, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo, I need to see this. Thanks for posting it!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

:suspense:

gently caress me. That's how you do a trailer.

Yeah, I'm iffy on Michael C Hall (Six Feet Under = Perfect, Dexter = half good, half terrible, and he was an executive producer during the bad half), but goddamn, this looks fantastic. Amd it's on (Canadian) Netflix! I know what I'll be watching tonight.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

westborn posted:

Pretty sure those are from The Neverending Story 2 (or 3)

/Last image here has a clear look

It's definitely 2.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ladron posted:

pink flamingos, maybe?

Or Female Trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

What the heck is this from

I know that's fake as poo poo, but goddamn :smith: and a bunch of :wtc: