Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

ThatOtherGuy posted:

Film 2:

People have mouths on their stomachs and the mouths kiss.

The only movie I can think of that has belly button mouths is Class of Nuke 'Em High Part II.

The review on BadMovies.org has a picture of said mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

peer posted:

I'm not even sure whether this was a movie or an episode of some show. It was pretty Twilight Zone-ish, but I don't think that's it.

It was about a guy who was crippled, in a wheelchair, and very lonely. He acquires a very lifelike android, with the appearance of a woman, and she/it becomes his only friend. As I recall, at one point he even asks if it's possible to have sex with it, but backs off at the last minute.

Eventually he befriends a real human woman as well, and the robot gets jealous and tries to kill the woman (and possibly the guy as well, don't remember). I think they end up electrocuting the robot somehow, and as it dies it mumbles "I don't want to die" or something like that, which was a typical Twilight Zone moment. It's possible that earlier in the movie the guy is discussing with another man the difference between the androids and humans, and the other guy says "we fear death and they don't" or something. I might have imagined that last part, it's probably been almost 15 years since I saw this.

Oh, goddammit, I know what you're talking about. I have no clue what it's called, either.
Someone help us! :cry:

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Could it possibly be Prototype X29A?
Here's a clip of it. Maybe you'll recognize the cyborg guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK5HuYKAn4s

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Person Dyslexic posted:

Recently I watched a trailer for a movie about a guy who dies, possibly having committed suicide, and goes to a weird purgatory-like world inhabited by ghosts like him. He befriends/meets several of these ghosts and travels with them to the west.
That's all I remember about the trailer and I realize it's incredibly vague, but the movie looked interesting and I haven't been able to find out ANYTHING about it. I believe it's a fairly recent movie as well, if that helps.

Is it Wristcutters: A Love Story?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Venialblur posted:

the beginning of the song "Red Sea" by Isis begins with this quote. what [i'm assuming movie] is this from? imdb.com quote search finds nothing.

female:"You were away"
male (who sounds like Crispin Glover): "When honey, when was I away?"
female: "You were, though. Away in the sea of red."

I'm almost completely sure that's from the third episode of David Lynch's Hotel Room, in which case it was Crispin Glover.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Gehenomm posted:

Let's see if anyone can help me with this one:

It's a movie i saw in the late eighties or early ninties, a really lovely sci-fi thing about the crew of a spaceship or space station. I remember there being a chase scene in the corridors of the ship in what looked like modified golf carts, also the walls during the chase were made of brick, i don't know why anyone would build a space station out of bricks but that's low budget for you.

Also all the women were dressed in swimsuits or leotards, just like you would see in those aerobics videos, and the "star" of this mess would scream and wave his arms in the air for no good reason, all the time, i thought it was the most hilarious thing ever.

Anyone can tell me the name of this thing so i can torture my friends with it?

That's probably the infamous Space Mutiny.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Diligent Deadite posted:

2) Some kids enter a cave made out of crystal and are amazed. There is synthy 'sparkling' noises on the soundtrack.

Santa With Muscles? :suicide:

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Adrenochrome posted:

Does anyone know a movie that had a VHS tape cover which featured someone wearing a leather ski mask with a zip up mouth? I believe it was a movie about a murderer or a robber but I can not for the life of me remember the title of it. This is a long shot but it was from so long ago all I remember is the weird movie cover. The movie must have come out on VHS around the early 90s.

I'm guessing it's Blackout.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

OK, this one has been bugging me for a while, and I'm sorry if this has been brought up before.

It's a horror movie, from the 80's, believe it takes place in a major city and what I remember most is the ending. The hero (white guy, light brown hair, possessed by a demon, blood red eyes) is fighting the villain (white guy, pale, dark hair, also possessed by a demon) on top of the building (church?). The villain is defeated (stabbed, thrown off the building, disintegrated by the power of holy, whatever) and the hero is no longer possessed. He walks away, his arm around his girlfriend, we pan over to a black hobo, who was featured earlier in the movie, and now he has the creepy blood red eyes, and he leers at some random woman. cut to black.

I'm sorry that the details are scarce, but I remember this movie from my childhood and have never know the name of it. Saw it multiple times on Cinemax, might have been from an off the TV recording of Back to the future and this was the lead in 15 minutes. TIA

I think this might be My Demon Lover.
Check out the pictures and video clip here, see if it's familiar.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

It exists, don't worry. That was The Boy Who Dreamed Christmas, an episode of an obscure Canadian cartoon called Nilus the Sandman. It was released on VHS, too.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Sounds like Una gota de sangre para morir amando, a.k.a. Murder In a Blue World and Clockwork Terror.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

The Hole, maybe?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Shock 'Em Dead, starring Traci Lords.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Recorded Live

Have a YouTube link, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Qeee8D2Ro

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

What about Monster Dog?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Sounds like Deathdream.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

You're probably thinking of the zombie from Hocus Pocus, played by Doug Jones.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Guest2553 posted:

Another terrible "horror" movie (thought it was called 'surge', but can't find anything with that name) built its shaky plot upon the premise that power companies were delivering wild or unregulated electricity that would gently caress up anything with a circuit board, possibly causing it to turn against you. There's a scene where a tinfoilhat washer repairman delivers the cryptic warning about those dastardly power companies. Later on the rogue electricity causes all the hot water to turn on while some chick is in the shower causing her to pass out and receive severe burns. Dad tries to escape the house with kids, without success. The house then somehow catches on fire. After making it out a window, dad takes an axe to the nearest utility pole, cutting it down and then watching it fall on his house. I think he gets arrested for this and then the movie ends.

That would be Pulse.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Blood Debts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u61F_qvdid0

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

SkunkDuster posted:

I'm looking for a movie poster from the late 80s or early 90s. I'm pretty sure it was for a vampire movie. The poster was all white except for a woman's eyes and mouth (I believe with fangs showing) in a style similar to Patrick Nagel's paintings. Very similar to this huge picture, but reversed so she's looking to the right. I was thinking it was 976-Evil, but GIS isn't turning anything up.

Fright Night Part II?
http://www.joblo.com/movie-posters/fright-night-ii

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

That has to be Shadow Hours.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Fear No Evil, perhaps?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

nitrogen posted:

This was a USA UP all night movie I saw on TV in the 80s or maybe early 90's.

Kid had a hot girlfriend and a robot. girlfriend dies in some kind of accident.

The guy takes apart his robot and puts his robot parts into his dead girlfriend and she goes bonkers.

Deadly Friend

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

Okay, this is pretty bare-bones, but I dragged every scrap of information I could out of my friend:

- She says she saw a trailer for the movie in question on a rented videotape. She doesn't remember the name of the movie she rented.

- This would have been no later than 2000.

- The trailer featured really shoddy, low-budget computer graphics, and involved fruit with faces, arms, and legs. She can't remember if the fruit could talk or not, but she does remember them all running in a big group. There was definitely an apple and a banana, and she thinks there were other fruits you'd see in a stereotypical assortment of fruit (a bunch of grapes, an orange, etc) but can't be 100% certain on that.

- It definitely wasn't misremembered claymation (we looked into Meet the Raisins) or any of the VeggieTales videos ("the graphics were way worse than those").

Was it The Nuttiest Nutcracker (why the hell do I remember this thing)?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Heartbeeps, starring Andy Kaufman.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

The English dub of Gandahar, maybe? I haven't seen it in a long time, but there's definitely boobs and larva-type things in it.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

This is an old, black & white movie. Probably from the 40s or 50s. I saw it playing on a TV in a flea market, and I only saw part of one scene.
There was a fat guy with a mustache lying on the floor with a sword sticking out of his abdomen. The guy was apparently in disguise, as the main character (?) pulled some prosthetic makeup and the mustache off the guy's face. He was still alive and talking to the main character while this was happening. I didn't recognize either actor, unfortunately, though they looked familiar.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

attackmole posted:

Ok, I'm looking for a movie .gif that I lost and can't find on google (although the movie title will probably do). I only know this movie exists because of the .gif, so my description of the movie miiiiiight be totally wrong, but I think I read it's summary on wikipedia once.

It was a gif of a pudgy white dude with glasses bawling uncontrollably while holding a girls naked rear end. I think it's a Spanish movie (definitely not an english movie) about some awkward dude obsessed with a girl. In the context of the movie it's probably horribly sad, but it's a great image out of context.

Was it O Cheiro do Ralo?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Sarkozymandias posted:

I remember so many weird fragments of movies I saw in passing. Two bits from separate films come to mind.

1)Black and white. A guy is chained up in a dungeon or basement with his ribs and lungs exposed. For some reason someone tries to assist him by tossing water on his chest but accidentally used vinegar.

2)Upright Guy with serpentine monster's head buried in his abdomen writhing and chomping while the dude cries and yells GET IT OUTTA ME

That first one's probably from Waxwork II, in which case the dude that's chained up is Bruce Campbell.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

It's from The Boogeyman, which is what he's saying before dying a most unconvincing death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcg6qT2zyQM

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I suddenly remembered a VHS tape I saw a couple years ago, it was a horror anthology (I think it was maybe French?) with a story about a murderous Santa, and a story about a kid hunting Dracula.

It's not part of an anthology. but when you say "Killer Santa" and "French", I think of this: 3615 code Père Noël

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

My BF asked if I remembered a movie involving a 90's kid screaming 'sooooooo sue me!'. I was like gently caress IDK, 'Last Action Hero?' He's guessing on 'Universal Soldier' 'Suburban Commando'
or 'Mr. Nanny'.

Any ideas?

I told him yeah IDK, but I know a place on the internet that I can ask.

It's Mr. Nanny. It's a catchphrase for the villain, and the kid says it back to him at the end. I saw that movie many times as a kid, so trust me on this one.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A TV screen still from a movie I was watching with my sister sometime around 1998:
http://imgur.com/UfXU1Dz

Does anyone have an idea what movie this comes from? I don't know/remember anything about it except that it was apparently an animated children's film.

That's the creepy old dude from Garfield's Halloween Adventure.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

That would be The Nature of the Beast, directed by good ol' Victor Salva.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Does anybody have a clue what movie / TV show is being sampled at the beginning of this lovely goregrind song? Someone asked about it on another forum and now it's driving me crazy. The actor sounds so familiar that I know I'm going to kick myself for not knowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk3cia43iZU

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

sponges posted:

The actor kinda sounds like David Caradine.

punchymcpunch posted:

i dunno sounds more like keith carradine to me

Yes! I think it's definitely one or the other, or a fantastic Carradine soundalike. Of course, finding a movie where a Carradine plays the type of psycho who would tell a story like that is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. :sigh:

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

It's been a couple years, so I might as well ask again:

MachineryNoise posted:

This is an old, black & white movie. Probably from the 40s or 50s. I saw it playing on a TV in a flea market, and I only saw part of one scene.
There was a fat guy with a mustache lying on the floor with a sword sticking out of his abdomen. The guy was apparently in disguise, as the main character (?) pulled some prosthetic makeup and the mustache off the guy's face. He was still alive and talking to the main character while this was happening. I didn't recognize either actor, unfortunately, though they looked familiar.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

That's definitely Cohen and Tate.
https://imdb.com/title/tt0097074/

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

That would probably be the Canadian cult classic I Love a Man in Uniform.
https://imdb.com/title/tt0107179/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

I feel like this one's really obvious, I'm just totally blanking on the specifics - an actor's the protagonist in a movie within the movie and the lines are blurring between what's real and what's acting to him. Like, he has an affair or something and there's a tearful confession to his girlfriend/wife that gets interrupted by a "CUT!" and everyone walks off while he's reeling from it.

I haven't seen it in a while, but this sounds like The French Lieutenant's Woman.