Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was talking to my wife last night about how Matt Damon was in Interstellar with very little fanfare about his casting, and how it reminded me of another movie where they cast a famous actor in a minor role, with the (explicit?) goal of attempting to pass the other characters' reaction of "holy poo poo it's you" onto the audience by having someone very familiar be in that role. Aaany idea what that might have been? Or am I just describing the aims of stunt casting in general.

e: None of those are ringing bells, man, sorry. If it helps it was relatively recent, like in the last 5-10 years or so.

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Kevin Spacey was deliberately underbilled in Seven to try and keep it a surprise, you may be thinking of that

Good call, but I'm reasonably sure the character in question was supposed to be known to the main characters as a famous person. Like, "holy poo poo, it's Film Actor Louis Delgado!" where the role of Louis Delgado is portrayed by Notable Film Actor Thomas Hanks. My jaw dropped at Bill Murray in Zombieland, to be sure, but I don't believe that's it either. I'm sorry if my memory is a dog's and I'm sending y'all down a wild goose chase.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a movie where one of the Hemsworth brothers is playing a very insecure version of themselves and starts to break down any time one of the more successful ones is mentioned?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trevor Hale posted:

The Good Place invented a fictional Larry Hemsworth who is a pediatric surgeon but is the black sheep of the family.

YES! Yes, that was it, thank you.