Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

It's an 80s teen horror movie. All I know is there are kids driving through the city, they pass a red light or something and swerve the car around, and all that swerving opens a dimensional rift (?maybe). Anyway they go to a bar afterwards, and it's full of vampires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

ProfessorMurder posted:

I think this is Vamp.

I think you're right. IMDB says something about the club being called "After Dark", that sounds familiar. Maybe I remembered it because of Grace Jones.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Someone told me about this british movie yesterday. Apparently it's about a guy sliding into poverty, and it's gritty or filmed like a sociological portrait. The title is "I, <name of the guy>". I *think* it's a movie, and not a mini-series. Also recent.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

I, Daniel Blake

Yeah, that looks like it. Thanks a lot.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

this one is relatively recent, maybe five years old. about some director going through a crisis, driving out into the desert,
meeting a drifter, maybe almost getting killed by him. the drifter then kills someone in hollywood, assumes his identity, stalks an actress? anyway, that's when I turned off, never finished it.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

ah yes, that's it. tyvm

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

This one's a belgian horror movie, made in the last... 15 years? It starts off with an entertainer in a retiree home, then he leaves for a hotel in the ardennes (mountains/hills). Stopped watching at that point, would like to continue.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

Calvaire/The Ordeal?

yup, seems like it, ta

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

I saw a trailer for this a while ago, I think it was a sequel but I've never heard of the original movie. It's like a low-budget indie that just happens on a laptop screen, like people face-timing and surveillance cams footage (maybe? could be I'm mixing things up). I don't think there are any scenes outside of the laptop screen. Basically you're looking at a fake desktop the entire time. and no it's not that fmv video game that just got released.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

That’s gotta be Unfriended.

Thanks, it's Unfriended: Dark Web.

gey muckle mowser posted:

if it isn't Unfriended, this also describes The Den

Ah so that's a genre now, interesting.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

It's an 80s horror movie about a race car that's also a vampire and sucks its drivers dry. Possibly 70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Yeah that's it of course it's a skoda lol