Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Can someone help identify this movie? I remember a specific scene in which a man has a gun and he is being talked to and calmed down by people around him, who may or may not have been cops. Eventually, he lifts his hands up and surrenders. However, he is holding the gun in one hand and his pinky is caught in the trigger. At the last second when everyone is close to him, he lets the gun spin around on his finger so it is in position to fire at the man in front of him. After the shooting, he starts to laugh.

Is this familiar to anyone because its been in my mind for the last 3 days and Im sure I didnt make it up. Thanks for any help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

anticake posted:

There's a scene like this in Tombstone kind of. The head Cowboy dude comes out of an opium den high out of his mind and starts just randomly shooting poo poo and people all flee the streets. The town sheriff says it isn't town business it's county business, or maybe it was the other way around. So anyway the other law man goes out to settle poo poo down. The scene then plays out pretty much like you described, although instead of just laughing his head off the shooter laughs a little bit then gets all confused because he is completely baked.

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to because I'd like to think you would have remembered it was from the old west, but hey memories can be funny things.

This is the scene, thank you. I don't know how I forgot the old west part, but somehow I did. My mind blanked. And I've seen tombstone like three times. I don't know how I forgot. AnywY, thanks for the help

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

notcreativeenough posted:

Yeah it sounds like a dozen football movies. Get "Rudy" staring Gene Hackman it should feel the need to quench the plot point you desire.

I dont think "Rudy" has Gene Hackman. I believe that was "Hoosiers."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

notcreativeenough posted:

Either would fit the bill for a good sports movie.

True. It seems like its almost easy to make good sports movies. Rudy, Hoosier, Miracle, Cool Runnings, Slapshot, Major League, Field of Dreams, Raging Bull, Brian's Song, White Men Can't Jump. All movies I enjoyed greatly, not to mention childhood nostalgia making me remember The Sandlot, Little Big League, Rookie of the Year, and Angels in the Outfield fondly.

Course, I guess you can easily make a list of poo poo sports movies too.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Nastyman posted:

Movie about a young guy who gets into boxing with a total dick of a boss. I remember him getting threatened at knifepoint by someone around the middle of the movie, and it ends with him beating his dick of a boss in a boxing match to get out of his contract, using all the tricks his boss taught him like using his forehead to defend against a hit.

Slightly too few details to google, hopefully enough that someone will know what it is. :(

Gladiator with Brian Dennehy as the dick boss

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I have a movie that needs identifying! It wasn't all that good, but I still want to know the title. I will list what I remember:

-It was about an alien invasion by yellow starfish/leech monsters that attach to your spine and take over your mind without anyone else knowing.
-I think it was made in the 90's (probably early), but I saw it on TV in the 00's.
-I think the title was one word, possibly preceded by 'The'.

Not early 90s, but maybe "The Faculty?"

Edit: I am beaten both by time and in facts.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Fissurefury posted:

I saw a movie on TV as a child in the 90s that I was only able to catch parts of once. I vaguely remember the hero being a robot or bionic and he was severely damaged toward the end of the movie when his chest-circle-heart thing was damaged. I think he was chased into a warehouse or a rather large building. The antagonist may have been an older male with possibly white hair. The old guy either summoned or turned into this giant monster like Violator from Spawn with a long tail I think. It tore through the building while the hero ran around something like warehouse racks.

This is as much as I could gather while I tried to eat dinner fast enough to be allowed to watch it in the living room.

Its been awhile since I've seen it, but this sounds like The Guyver to me.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Lycopene posted:

Another movie I can't remember is where I guess robots kill babies and at the end the guy who is protecting a mom and her baby realizes he's a robot when I he gets his arm ripped off.

American Cyborg:Steel Warrior

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Detective Thompson posted:

This is going to be vague, but I only saw the opening scene to this documentary in one of my film classes back in college, and we never went back to the film. It opens on a house, with a boy and I think his mother sitting on the porch. The doc is about the boy, that had some sort of mental and/or behavioral problems. I seem to recall his mother yelling at him for some reason in that first few minutes we watched. That's all I really know. I think it was probably made in the early or mid 90s, and the title might have had the boy's name in it.

Ill say "Whats Eating Gilbert Grape" but its not a documentary.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

It really sounds like a Chuck Norris film.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Lpzie posted:

Does anybody remember a martial arts film about a punch that could stop the heart? And the main character saw his dad do the punch but stop short of killing the man, but the man was so oblivious that he kept fighting after. Then later in life, the son learns that move and stop himself from killing someone? There also might be a part where the protagonist has a disciple and the disciple tells him that he was harassed by the leader of another dojo so the protagonist challenges him to a fight and kills him, later it turns out the leader of the dojo was innocent or something. (Might be two different films I'm mixing up, not sure.)

This is Fearless, starring Jet Li.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

This one comes courtesy of my roommate: Matthew Perry appears in the movie, he's wearing a Northwestern shirt at one point, and there's a plot/subplot where he's trying to convince people he's not gay.

This is Three to Tango, starring Matthe-never mind.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

The movie was set sometime in the future where, for some reason (fuel?) feces was a hot commodity. Everyone had toilets that plugged into some system somewhere and if you fed them enough poo poo they'd dispense a candy bar for you. But the candy bars contained cocaine or something, so they were super addictive, and people started fighting over control of the poop so they could get the bars. The main characters were criminals who were literally organizing a poo poo-heist.

:stare:

Jesus Christ.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Mouser.. posted:

It is Boat Trip. Beginning of the end for Cuba Gooding Jr. right there.

I prefer to think of it as the movie highlight of Horatio Sanz's career.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw in the late 80s/early 90s. It was a b-grade horror movie about a boy who discovers some creatures in a hole in the earth and starts feeding people he doesn't like to them. The scene I remember is him pushing an old lady in a wheelchair across a meadow and dumping her down to the creatures.

Thanks!!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Thank you so much.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I was wrong, never mind.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Ok, this was a pretty bad action movie (might've been for kids) from the early 90s (or at least that's when I watched it).

The only other thing I remember is the villain. His backstory is he had a giant red fro, until he dived or was thrown off a hotel balcony into an empty pool, on his head. Most of his skull had to be replaced with a metal plate, that he frequently liked to be sanded or polished. This left a fringe of gangly red hair around his head.

Any ideas?

Mr Nanny with Hulk Hogan.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Was it LEXX?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Hey, this was a preview on a DVD I saw but I can't remember which DVD and its driving me crazy. In the preview, there is a man with a wife and child who puts all his money into a storm shelter creating a rift between him and his neighbors because he's getting visions or messages or something. The movie looked like it had some religious/supernatural parts to it and I remember a tornado or a tornado of birds in the shot. It was a newer movie like last 2 years or so I believe. Any help?

e:awesome thanks penismightier

oldpainless fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 6, 2012

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

There were a couple deep-sea horror movies in the late 80s. Leviathan and Deepstar 6 come to mind but I dont remember the monster being any kind of a fiery person. Leviathan had weird skin conditions being part of the movie.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I remember a scene where a man and a woman are fighting physically and it ends with the man with a knife/sword at the woman's throat so you think he won the fight. But then the camera shifts or pulls out and you see the woman also has a blade at the guy's crotch. She might raise her eyebrows or pat the knife against him, maybe I'm making that part up.

Also, this is not from Blade 2.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Deepstar 6?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

snickles posted:

Looking for a movie I saw a few years ago. I believe it's Korean. The only thing I remember about it is a scene (possibly in a police station) in which a character has tissues sticking out of his nose. I don't think this was done for comedy and I don't even remember there being a rationale for this in the movie (in fact, I thinks it goes completely unnoticed by other characters). I originally thought it was a scene from Oldboy, but recently rewatched it and that scene did not appear. Anyone?

The Man from Nowhere?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Oh man Gary Chang?!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

What's the movie where a white guy and black guy hit each other on the freeway, they both are late to stuff because of it and then spend the movie trying to screw each other over? Early 2000s.

Changing Lanes with Ben Affleck and Samuel L Jackson

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Night of the Demons.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

e: probably not right.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Trump posted:

a scene where a young girl is milking a cow and her grandfather(?) comes out and wants her to milk him too and she proceeds to do so

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Phanatic posted:

All I remember about this film is that there were a bunch of different criminals all trying to pull off a robbery in the same high-rise building. It was like some sort of competitive event, the crook who actually got the MacGuffin would be selected for something and there's much killing each other off. It wasn't a comedy.

Mean Guns?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119642/

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Immortal?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortal_%282004_film%29

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Try "Mad Dog Time" aka 'Trigger Happy."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Maybe Terrorvision?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

dangerburrd posted:

it was some weird horror movie. There were these people running onto a ship or something (one of them looked a little like Jeff Golblum) to escape these monsters. They were floating balls that had blades rotating around them and a mouth but no eyes. A dude in a suit was laying on the ground all bloody and they were gonna get him, he was yelling about how he'd do anything if they'd just go away (he kept saying "please just go away!"). I was pretty young and I honestly might've dreamed it but it seemed pretty real

The ball with no eyes and dude in a suit make me think this was the TV movie "The Langoliers."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I think the first one might be "Hannah" and the 2nd one is "The Darkest Hour"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Not orange but Fritz the Cat?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

"Knights" wasn't the correct answer but I just want to say when i saw it at 12 years old I thought it was one of the coolest movies ever made and still believe that to this day having never re-watched it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I watched Up All Night every weekend when I was 12/13 years old always sure that this time I was gonna see some boobies.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

Years ago, as a kid, I saw some movie late at night on HBO that started out with a bunch of surfers floating in the ocean chitchatting about drug smuggling in over-the-top SoCal surfer slang. One line I specifically remember is a dude saying something along the lines of "You gotta book with the poo, brah! Book with the poo!"

I fell asleep during it but I remember kind of enjoying the part I saw, and I wouldn't mind seeing the rest. I think the movie was released sometime around 1990 (late 80s, very early 90s, sometime around then). It was not "Point Break".

Maybe "North Shore"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

John Carpenter's Vampires, I believe.