Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I've got a "horror" movie I've been trying to remember the name of all October:

I remember is that it starts out with some morons exploring an ancient crypt in a graveyard(possibly connected to some ghost/poltergeist activity at a nearby old mansion?) and, at the bottom, finding someone who's been bricked up but is somehow still alive centuries later. She is of course a hot girl which means they decide to free her despite how shady the situation looks. This triggers them getting hunted by a demon thing that wants to possess the girl for reasons I don't recall. What I do recall is the final show-down which is in, I believe, a library. The demon's got the heroes knocked down, and is about to possess the girl, but one of the heroes throws a loving chair in the way of the POSSESSION LIGHTNING and the demon ends up possessing the chair instead, so they break it into kindling and throw it in a fireplace. This somehow breaks the girl's non-aging enchantment and she rapidly ages to death. It was a rented-from-Blockbuster VHS back in the late 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Much older than that and it definitely didn't have any skeevy zombie rape action going on that I recall. I feel like that would have been burned into my brain. The girl they find in the crypt is kept alive by some weird soul pact with the demon, not by being a zombie.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This was driving me loving insane so I made it my mission to find it. It’s The Unnamable II from 1993. John Rhys-Davies and David Warner are in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJIbfDtx2MY

YES. THANK YOU!

Finally my mind can know peace.

Until the next stupid movie I can't find, anyway.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I think the only movie I can remember where the villain is a car of any kind would be Maximum Overdrive.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Early 00's if I remember right, Sci-Fi Channel, it might have been a movie or it might have been a short series.

The concept, as I recall it, was about an "antique store" where the protagonists recovered mystic/cursed artifacts of some sort for safekeeping(it's not Warehouse 13 I'm thinking of, by the way, though it's a similar concept). The only part I remember super-clearly is one where they're trapped in their store by one of the artifacts, a statue of some kind, I forget if it was slowly killing them or if it would just kill them if they left.

Hopefully this isn't just me dreaming it up.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

poo poo, I think this may be it. Thanks.

I completely ignored it when it popped up in my search results because I, too, thought it was associated with the Friday the 13th movies.

Skyscraper posted:

I don't think it's what you meant, but The Lost Room?

Not the one I was thinking of, but definitely a good miniseries that I'd recommend everyone give a watch.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

I asked about a different episode in an old post and (Mesmer’s Bauble) because I had watched it on sci-fi as well

The answer poster got it just by plugging in keywords into IMDb

This has happened to me multiple times, where I've tried slamming IMDB and Google with everything I can try, I describe the show to a friend and he just conjures up the magical keyword chain first try and boom, there's that game/movie/show/other media thing I've been fruitlessly trying to locate for a week and which has been slowly driving me insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Skyscraper posted:

That's pretty wild, is it any good?

I'd call it charming rather than good. It has some decent acting and okay effects for the time, and you can tell that most of the people involved really did try their best, but most of the episodes are reasonably predictable and most of the "spooky" moments are ruined by the fact that the soundtrack orchestra seems to have a stroke any time anything even vaguely dramatic happens on screen. It's not a show that "gets" subtlety, for the most part.

Still, I enjoy watching it.