Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Okay, so these might be a dream I had, a TV show, or a movie, so I'm not expecting a ton of answers.

1) I have vague recollections of an old-ish film (or TV show), 1970s era, but two images are stark: one is of a black bug-like creature swaddled in blankets like a baby, lots of 'o no's all around, with an eventual cut to a bright ship that looked kinda snowflake-like falling slowly, slightly tilted, behind a horizon of evergreens. Pretty sure the sequence wasn't quite that quick, I have dim memories of someone peering out a window like 'oh no it's happening again' or something, but that could be where the confabulation comes in.

2) I thought this might be Return to Oz or Through the Looking Glass, but it's not the former, and I haven't had a chance to see the latter. Mostly it's just a scene in which everything is black except what look like large, brightly colored jacks (the game) rolling in and out of frame.

Again, could just be childhood dreams I'm remembering, but the images are super vivid, and I'm not entirely convinced that 'dream' is all they are.

Sorry if this is stupidly vague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Sir Nose posted:

ERASERHEAD has a swaddled creature baby and people looking out a window. I don't remember a falling ship but it's been years since I've seen it. But ERASERHEAD is black and white, so I don't know about brightly colored jacks.

Sorry, I should be clearer, 1 and 2 would be distinctly different films/shows, if they actually exist. And the bug one definitely isn't Eraserhead. It was more-- idk, kitschy 70s Outer Limits than anything else, and wasn't nearly that gnarly or surreal.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Dec 18, 2019

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

TTBF posted:

Taking a long shot here: Are you possibly recalling the really weird jester stuff from Xtro?

No, but it's close enough in film quality and lighting/imagery that it made me think it was for a moment or two.

Also :lol: how is it I've never heard of this before?