Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to find a low budget horror movie that I saw about eight years ago.

I only caught the ending, but it seems to have taken place in a small town out west (there was a lot of sand), and I guess a lot of people had been killed by this monster that looks like the Grim Reaper. I guess the main characters were trying to protect this child the whole time, a little boy (about 10 years old), but in a big twist, the child had been controlling the monster the whole time!

I've never been able to find a movie even vaguely like this. Does anyone recognize it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Same idea, but completely different movie.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Two guys are sitting in a bar, and they start singing Space Oddity together. When they get to the instrumental breakdown, they start making the guitar noises themselves: "Bam bah-bam bah-bum!" Clap Clap! And then the bartender interrupts them telling them to stop.

Where is this from? Is this a figment of my imagination?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I think you're right! Man, memory's a funny thing.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think it's a comedy. The scene is definitely funny. The movies cuts to scene of a woman, slightly overweight, eyes wide with fear, clutching a microphone in both hands, singing karaoke completely expressionless and monotone. We move away from her to a conversation with the main characters, but she remains in the background, still slightly audible. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

What movie is this?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Trevor Hale posted:

I never read it. Just the wiki. And it is.....a trip

It's a very good novel. Simon Birch, while an interesting film (especially casting Oliver Platt as the stepfather, that was brilliant casting), comes nowhere to doing the novel justice, but it's hard to film a novel that follows a friendship for 20+ years.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Light Gun Man posted:

that movie is about a dude who went to vietnam but if i recall takes place almost exclusively inside a hospital? been awhile.

Jacob's Ladder?

No, there's only one or two scenes in a hospital. There are a lot of scenes in Vietnam, but the majority of the setting is in a cold foggy city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
New thread link