Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Reposting from old thread since no one guessed it. Maybe more luck this time around.

Watched This: Mid 80's.
Genre: Action, probably
Remember:
I remember the basic plot, but details are fuzzy. It's basically some girl who gets murdered or raped by 3 guys/campers and her dad/boyfriend/whoever goes out to get revenge.
The movie is mostly about him hunting them in the woods. I think the first camper who gets killed was a fat guy alone in the camp by the side of a river and gets chased a bit in the water before being drowned/or his head smashed by a rock, I'm not too sure. I dont rememeber anything about the rest apart from a lot of running through woods. At the end, after he killed them all three, he comes back home to find the cops there that tells him they arrested the 3 guys that raped/murdered the girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

boozebag posted:

Hey. I saw this movie probably six to eight years ago on cable television. I'd guess it was made around that time.

It involved a gardener or landscaper who would go into these suburbs and clean up rich people's yards. It showed the hidden, sordid lives of wealthy suburbia. Eventually this gardener befriends one of the rich folks' daughters. For some reason I want to say the actress was Dakota Fanning but it probably couldn't have been.

Anyway, an underlying storyline develops about Baba Yaga. I think the daughter starts telling the gardener about the legend.

Eventually the suburban people get suspicious of the gardener and assume he is molesting the daughter.

The movie gets really weird here. It turns into some kind of fantasy where the gardener is running from Baba Yaga and using all of these charms that the little girl has given him to lose Baba Yaga. Like, a wall grows up at one point, and a forest sprouts up or some poo poo.

Anyway, this has been bugging me for quite a while and I'd be pretty impressed if anyone could figure this out.

Lawn Dogs ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119506/

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Jakio posted:

Okay. I have one.

There was a horror movie that was on USA's late night block of movies "USA Up All Night". This movie was probably probably made in the mid to late '80s. This girl worked in a video store and there was some mysterious video tape that brain washed people (I don't think it killed them) and I THINK they became zombie-like. Anyhoo..at the end the girl and her hunky boyfriend saved the day or so they think. At the end of the movie, it shows a car and then the camera goes towards the window and zooms in and on the seat is another tape.

That movie has been bugging me for so long...I watched it so much as a kid. If someone could figure out what it is, that'd clear up one my life's biggest mysteries. :-D

Remote Control?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093843/

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Uncle Wemus posted:

It's a movie about an evil sea turtle with glowing red eyes. Ring any bells?

The Bermuda Depths?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077223/

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Slasherfan posted:

It's not Last House On The Left, probably a Last House rip off though.

I hear the movie title is actully Macon County Line.

It's not Last House on the Left for sure.

The movie I'm looking for isn't Macon County Line either though it's probably a rip off. The story is similar.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Pweller posted:

I'm not sure if this was a real movie, or if it came from some fever-induced coma when I was really sick sometime, but I vividly remember a movie where a group of people are way out away from civilization, and are captured by cannibals. I remember a particular scene, it's nighttime, and there are fires burning and the light is red glowing and shadowy all over the place while these captives are tied to wooden stakes. One was a woman, and the captors cut one of her tits off.

Then there is a shot of a huge sunrise (probably not right after that).

I dunno what the gently caress. I did have nightmares about cannibals for some time at one point. It's possible that this came out of my crazy imagination and reading 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea which I think may have had an island of cannibals, or from simply poring over the forbidden vhs cases at the video store while my parents made the rounds. A woman may not have had her tit cut off, but the idea I had in my mind at the time was that these people were going to have their flesh eaten.

The movie would not have been Cannibal Holocaust or anything you wouldn't be able to rent at a video store in the late eighties.

Are you sure it couldnt have been one of the Cannibal movies? I was able to rent both Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox in the 80's here in Quebec. I dont remember much about either but there was a scene in Ferox with a girls being hung by hooks through her tits.

Also, maybe its:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075984/maindetails

It does feature a girl getting her tits cut off by cannibals.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

mastur posted:

No, Barbarella was in space, this was fantasy themed. Barbarians invaded some little town and captured all these women, so that this guy could test his new torturous orgasm machine on them.

Probably not, but in Flesh Gordon, they "torture" a girl with a new tickling machine, but theres no real barbarian theme.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Alan Smithee posted:

That reminds me of another movie I caught a glimpse of.

So a yuppie type couple are on a yacht and they are hijacked by some gun toting thugs, one of whom is sorta perverted and likes hitting on the wife in states of sort of scantily cladness, and the other who seems to have this code of honor. At one point the husband goes overboard and one the bad guys is mad at him and yells something to the effect of "your wife's a slut!" (questionable). Anyway the wife at one point is bathing herself on the deck by pouring water on herself topless and pervey bad guy sorta watches from the galley or whatever. Good bad guy comes along and is like "wtf you doing?"

Later husband is adrift on a raft and fires a flare in the air. Wife is a brunette I believe. Wondering how this one ends if you know the title as well

Maybe http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080613/ ?

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Venialblur posted:

...you failed the mention the name of the movie ?

Probably because someone had already answer it. The Abominable Dr. Phibes.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Remember:
I remember the basic plot, but details are fuzzy. It's basically some girl who gets murdered or raped by 3 guys/campers and her dad/boyfriend/whoever goes out to get revenge.
The movie is mostly about him hunting them in the woods. I think the first camper who gets killed was a fat guy alone in the camp by the side of a river and gets chased a bit in the water before being drowned/or his head smashed by a rock, I'm not too sure. I dont rememeber anything about the rest apart from a lot of running through woods. At the end, after he killed them all three, he comes back home to find the cops there that tells him they arrested the 3 guys that raped/murdered the girl.

It is not Macon County Line.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Ballsworthy posted:

A Korean dismemberment-based thriller, I feel like the cover had a heart traced in blood on it (a <3, not the actual organ), the only thing I really remember is a guy on an elevator with a black plastic bag full of body parts. I watched it about 6-7 years ago, I think it was relatively recent at the time even if it felt like it was from the 80s. Can't even remember if it was any good or not, but probably not since it didn't stick with me.

I think this could be Tell Me Something

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0220806/

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
It's a movie probably from the early 80's influenced by Amityville. The details are a bit fuzzy and I might be mixing elements of 2 movies.

I think its about a couple who buy a house(haunted!) and they have people over helping them to restore it. They all get trapped inside by the unknown force. At some point, some guy is trying to open the front door with a circular saw and he gets distracted/hypnotized and cut his hand/fingers.

At the end they find a trapdoor that leads them down to the source of evil. All I remember from that is a room filled with fog.

I think the last scene has the survivors walking outside the house and they look up and see a ghost at the upstairs window(And for what I remember that ghost was actually a "good" ghost)

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

The Lucas posted:

This is most likely wrong but could it be House?

Nope, I remember House, its not it.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Topper Harley posted:

Sounds like The Evil starring Richard Krenna

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077524/

Thanks! This is exactly it. Poking around to see if that was it, I actually found the whole movie on Youtube!

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
I posted this on page 1, and again a year ago with no success. HOping I'll get lucky eventually.

Remember:

It is not Macon County Line.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Ape Agitator posted:

You're likely looking for the creatively titled "Revenge for a Rape".

Wow, This looks like it might actually be it. Now to find a copy of an obscure 1976 made for tv movie that never was released on dvd...

Thanks!

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
As far as demon cars movie, there's the classic The Car :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075809/

What you saw could also be:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100917/

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

ZeeBoi posted:

Two movies I want the title for just because I want to stop trying to remember:

One is about a football player who is deaf. I remember the cover is of the main character, split in half, one half is him in his football outfit, the other is in "normal" clothes.

The other is about a man and his dog who crash land in Alaska and have to deal with the wilderness. I think they get attacked by a bear or wolves, I forget.

Both movies are from before the late 90's, I think.

Not exactly late 90's, but Choices http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082172/ fits the bill. The Replacements http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191397/ also has a deaf football player but its not the main character.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
I've been trying to figure out from which movie this is from:

There's a scene where a girl in her bedroom flip a poster of Olivia-Newton John for one of The Clash. This is so her father thinks she's a good girl. She may or may not light a cigarette right after flipping the poster.

The movie is from the mid-80's, probably along the lines of Say Anything or Pretty in Pink.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Very long shot, I remember a scene from a movie/tv movie or tv serie when I was a kid about nuns running away and getting shot in the back with arrows. This would be from the late 70's early 80's. It's been bugging me since then wondering what that was from. It scared the poo poo out of me back then.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Runcible Cat posted:

Ken Russell's Lair of the White Worm has Roman soldiers attacking a nunnery; arrows might have been involved but I honestly can't remember.

I've seen Lair and thats not it, it is also a bit too recent.

Jedit posted:

I'm sure a bunch of nuns get massacred in Hawk the Slayer.

I just went through the whole thing on Youtube. Good try but unfortunatly thats not the one.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

donquixotic posted:

There was a either tv movie or tv miniseries about a man who escapes from a chain gang that ends up becoming an author and his wife finds out he was a fugitive from a chain gang.

Now, this is most certainly not the 1932 film "I am a fugitive from a chain gang" nor is it "The man who broke 1,000 chains" starring Val Kilmer.

I swear to god it was called "The 49 (or 39) Rings" because the hero of the story was the semi-detached chain gang member who breaks his own ankle to escape. But according to imdb and google, there's no such thing as "The 49 Rings" or "The Forty-Nine Rings" or any other number from 29-99.

Also this was more than likely made in the 90s.

39 Stripes?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457548/

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

The Leck posted:

This is more about identifying a poster, but I've got an image stuck in my head of an eyeball with a couple of slashes of light across one side of it. I think it might be from a movie poster, but I can't quite place it. My gut is telling me it's something Italian too, but that's just a hunch based on the picture in my mind. Any really obvious thoughts?

In case you're remembering wrong, those are movie with posters featuring mostly an eyeball:

The Visitor (the 1979 italian movie)
Saw 3D
Skeleton Key
Seed of Chucky
Cursed ( with slashes on one side, but not light)

Probably a long shot, but could it be the french movie poster for Fulci's City of the Living Dead:
http://lepetitcinemadestephane.blogspot.ca/2011/06/frayeurs.html

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Belgian movie about a woman whose son kills himself after getting molested by priests, sending her into a priest-killing rampage. Came out a year or three ago.

Au Nom Du Fils

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
Really long shot, it's something I saw around 35 years ago on TV, so probably mid to late 70's. It's possible that it's a mini-serie because I vaguely remember watching this with my parents over a few nights but I could be wrong. I also remember not watching most of it 'cause little me was scared.

The only scene I remember was nuns fleeing from their monastery or convent and being massacred, being picked off by arrows as they ran away.

It is not Hawk the Slayer