Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Fre Merzasphor posted:

I saw this movie on TV in the late 90s. Based on the hairstyles/quality I'd guess it was made sometime in the 70s or early 80s. It was about a bunch of people trapped in some sort of prison on an island. The people who ran the prison decided to let the prisoners out and then hunt them down. At one point, a guy is immolated after being kicked around with gasoline jugs tied to his neck. I think the prisoners wore some sort of yellow jumpsuits, but I'm not too clear on that. It was a pretty crappy movie but it's bugging me that I can't remember what it's called.

I have no idea if it's right or not but the "prison on an island" plotline reminds me of No Escape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Carthag posted:

Beyond the Mat perhaps? It's a documentary about Wrestlers and there's a guy who can vomit on command.

I'm sure this is it. The guy was Darren Drozdov

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Ape Agitator posted:

And at least one Italian movie had zombies that could take down sharks, so they must have been pretty nimble.

That would be Zombi and they didn't run in that movie.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

DemonStar posted:

Ok, this movie scared the hell out of my 5ish year old self. There are a group of people being chased by a monster through a mineshaft, and eventually they escape through.....this may not even be right, but a volcano? That last part may be some off cross association. Any ideas on what it may be?

I'm not completely sure but could it be My Bloody Valentine?

Other than that, another choice may be the original Hills Have Eyes.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Slackerish posted:

Gozu, maybe?

That's what I was going to say. They seem to play that a lot on screens before concerts. I just saw them showing it before GWAR a couple months ago.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Rodney Munch posted:

I asked this question a long time ago in one of these threads and no one was able to get it, so I'll try one more time.

In the Simpsons episode Marge vs the Monorail, Marge travels to North Haverbrook or Ogdenville or whatever, to check out the effects of the monorail that was built there. What she finds is a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Then some dude comes out of no where and scares the poo poo out of her. This dude has crazy eyes or glasses on or something (sorry, its been a while since ive seen this episode). I think he also has a brown jedi-robe thing on as well.

I swear to god that was a parody of some movie I saw when I was a kid. A town thats totally empty. The pavement is all cracked up and broken. There is no life to be found. Except cockroaches, or maybe worms. I remember a bunch of bugs. Then eventually this crazy looking dude with hosed up eyes/goggles/glasses comes out.

What movie is this?

Its possible it might have been a TV show like Twilight Zone, although I know for sure it was in color. Outer Limits perhaps?

I can't identify the reference but here is a screengrab of the guy:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

Looks like Dr. Frink with Bowie hair (no not a movie title)

I was watching Colbert Report last night and he had a picture of a zombie attacking a chick who's head was bleeding (zombie looked kinda like a REALLY pale Billy Corgan) and the joke was "I'd rather my daughter date a zombie cuz at least he'd be interested in her brains."

Anyone know where the still is from?

Pweller is right. It's from Land of the Dead:

That was just a modified still.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Rodney Munch posted:

I think in that episode when he first reveals himself to Marge he says a word or a phrase. Do you know what it is by chance? It might have been a quote from the movie its referencing.

Doesn't give much:

"Excuse me, miss. You asked about the monorail? "

"Who are you?"

"My name is Sebastian Kobb. Lanley hired me to build his monorail. He cut corners everywhere: bad wiring, faulty brakes. And the celebrity on the maiden voyage was Gallagher."

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Mack the Knife posted:

Looks like a spoof of The Omega Man. Charlton Heston in an adaptation of "I am Legend." The "vampires" are albinos with white afros and sunglasses.

That's what I was thinking too, considering there was a Halloween episode that was pretty much an exact spoof of the movie. I guess I didn't see much of a connection though other than the desolate town setting.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Rodney Munch posted:

What is the movie with Corey Feldmen where at one point he breaks the 4th wall and looks at the audience and says something like "Hey man, I dont have to take this poo poo. I was in Goonies!"

Meatballs 4?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104837/

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Kaltag posted:

This old cartoon about a bunch of animals living on a farm(I think)

The characters are still used as the mascots for PAZ easter egg coloring kits and stuff.

The plot revolved around some farmer being turned into a machine.

Real old, mid-late 80's.

I'm pretty sure this is Peter and the Magic Egg

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Be Depressive posted:

I only vaguely remember a movie that saw many times as a kid about a woman who moves into a house where the previous occupant had killed him/her self, I think, and the house appears to be haunted by ghosts, but in the end it turns out the butler and his wife are trying to convince her to commit suicide.

I strongly remember a scene with a bleeding painting - yes, a scary painting that bleeds. It freaked the poo poo out of me as a kid. It might have been a tv movie, but there was a big name actress in it like Kathleen Turner or something.

I offer my undying gratitude to anyone who can tell me what movie this is. I've been wondering for years.

Sizzlechest posted:

I don't think there is a bleeding painting in it, but everything else sounds like The Others

If that's not it, check out The Innocents. It's the movie that "The Others" was based on. Other than that, no idea :(

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Catrel Stevens posted:

Ok, here's one. I only remember a bit of one scene. It was some kind of get together amongst a bunch of adults at a house. The kid that lives in the house got all the adults' attention because he wanted to show them a magic trick with his friend. He has his friend get into a box or something, and he makes him disappear. The adults are impressed, but so is the kid because he doesn't know where his friend went. Turned out, somehow he actually teleported him or made him disappear or something. And eventually the adults get angry because the kid can't tell them where his friend is and the friend's parents get worried and the kid freaks out.

Not the best description, but it's been bugging me for awhile. Anyone have any ideas?

I haven't seen the movie but I know that happened in Stephen King's book The Tommyknockers.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

I remember seeing a commercial for it as a kid, how does this one end? (spoiler please)

I don't remember the ending too well but this is taken from wikipedia:

Gardener eventually manipulates Bobbi into allowing him into the ship, activates it and launches it into space, resulting in the deaths of all of the changed townspeople (and himself) but preventing the possibly disastrous consequences of the ship's influence spreading to the outside world.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

thetruancybot posted:

I remember seeing this animated movie with a bunch of like mice or something and like this human girl who helps them out or something. It vaguely reminded me of the Redwall book series.

Doubtful but The Rescuers? Although they are helping the girl, not vice versa.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

xzoto1 posted:

This will either be easy or hard:

I just watched Fincher's Zodiac for the second time and for some reason I feel like I missed a scene. I thought for some reason Ruffalo's character is onto the Zodiac (after the Zodiac used a phone from a booth) and when Ruffalo goes to get the prints from the phone, he accidentally smears them out of being nervous and as a result, the prints are ruined. Did I miss a scene or is this from a different movie? Or did I just happen to read this and somehow imagined this as a scene from Zodiac or a different movie?

You could possibly check out this version. It came out around the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

I was at a show not too long ago and there was a clip from a creepy-looking movie on the screen. There was some sort of cartoony skull mask and it slowly dropped away to reveal a horrifying face that looked painted like a clown.

A couple shots of the skull:

And a lovely image of the face underneath: