Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Ludicrously obscure request:

Low-budget horror movie from the late 60s or early 70s; I caught part of it on one of the old "Cheesy Horror Movie Friday Night" things on TV when I was little. I only distinctly remember two scenes:

1) A bunch of college-age bullies were terrorizing a "science nerd" (i.e. smart guy with glasses) and throwing his books around

2) At the end, the head bully's girlfriend takes the lid off a huge pot of boiling water/acid, revealing the bully's skeleton, and she screams as the credits roll.

Any ideas?

The Macaroni fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Glass Joe posted:

Longshot, but possibly Slaughter High?
Looks like Slaughter High was 1986; film quality on this one definitely looked older than that. Thanks though, that movie looks like a good laugh. :)

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Could be it, I'll save it to my Netflix queue. Thanks!

Edit: After watching the youtube clip, I'm almost positive that's it. Awesome! :hfive:

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

cheerfullydrab posted:

I watched this movie on a plane in 99 or 2000. It was in German and the main character was a latchkey kid. I remember at least one scene being lit very oddly, perhaps more than one scene, everything shining with a golden light. That's honestly all I remember.
This movie was in 2001, but it sounds kind of like Mostly Martha (German title: Bella Martha) to me. It's the story of a female chef in a fancy restaurant who is suddenly faced with raising her niece after her sister is killed in a car accident, and a lot of the story focuses on how the kid copes (and doesn't cope) with her aunt's late work hours. A lot of the scenes take place at night, and I think I remember a scene with lighting like you describe.

It was remade as the horrible American film No Reservations with Catherine Zeta-Jones.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
They made a BFG movie? You learn something every day.

On topic: I'm looking for an indie zombie/horror flick from the past 2 or 3 years. Judging from the trailer, the film focuses on the protagonists trapped in a radio station as the world goes to mayhem outside. For some reason I thought it was the remake of The Crazies, but my weekend viewing of that film proved me wrong. So what's the one I'm thinking of?

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Thanks! Netflix doesn't have it yet. :(

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Mid-1980s movie, murder mystery. The one scene I remember involved the demise of a cute parrot. The murderer realized at some point that the parrot could identify him (or just got sick of the parrot), so he grabs the bird and places it in the freezer. The parrot makes a witty remark as the door closes, but is thoroughly dead when a maid (?) opens the freezer later to reveal the icy bird corpse.

Any ideas?

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Obscure, low budget sci-fi film from mid 1980s. British or Canadian, I think? Set on a Big Mysterious Dimly-Lit Spaceship. Can't remember how the heroine got on the ship, but the ship is run by a mysterious unseen lady and a wispy dude who is her "cross sexual clone" that the lady created to be her eventual mate. [Ick.] The ship's defense systems try and kill the heroine. The wispy dude has an impaired immune system, so even though he falls for the heroine he can't leave his bubble and help her directly. Eventually he's able to confront his mother/clone and he yells her secret name "Adara!" then takes off with the heroine in an escape pod. Any idea?

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
That's it, thanks! And holy poo poo, it was written by George R. R. Martin. That explains so much about that film.

The Macaroni fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 3, 2014

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Horror movie IDs please:

1) early to mid 80s (possibly late 70s). Crazed killer escapes from asylum. The scene I remember has a cute nameless girl step out of a camping trailer, and the killer smacks her in the back of the head with a hammer. She whimpers for a moment with the hammer stuck in her head and then collapses.

The killer wasn't any of the "big" multi-sequel killers from the 80s. He was just a tall gnarly looking fella. Any guesses?

2) Late 80s to early 90s. In the first scene, there is a pair of young twin brothers (10 or so) at a drive in movie. One of the twins murders a couple in another car, then blames his brother for the crime. The innocent brother is institutionalized and then decades later the evil twin is able to commit more crimes and get away with it because nobody suspects him.

The Macaroni fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 2, 2014

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Yup, thanks!

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

SkunkDuster posted:

I'm having hazy memories of a guy in desperation crying out something like, "just let me keep/have this one thing". Did that happen in "The Fisher King"?
Was it a period drama? At the end of "The Crucible," Daniel Day-Lewis' character yells "Let me keep my name!"

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Asian martial arts historical drama, late 70s or early 80s. Set in Medieval China, I think. High death toll. Scenes I remember:

1) Main character (as a young boy) is ushered away as his city/home is captured by bad guys, he runs back just in time to see his mother kill herself to avoid capture. Hokey cut to a flower petal falling from the sky as she stabs herself.

2) Near end of movie, one of the heroines is defeated by a bunch of ninjas, and her last act is to take out her (sharp) earrings and fling them into the eyes of a last bad guy sneaking up on the hero.

3) Final scene is hero and another heroine walking on the beach.

Pretty vague, but any ideas?

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
70s film, European (possibly Italian?). Cheesy WWII plot. Final scene has enemy fighter planes shooting fleeing civilians. Slow mo scene of the heroine trying to run away, and just as the bullets hit her it jump cuts to her falling into a field of flowers and smooching the hero.

Shortly after, the hero fighter pilot is shot up by the bad guys, and rather than eject or try to land, he flies off into the sunset despite being mortally wounded.

Got anything?

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Yesssss, I remember seeing this in theaters when I was a kid.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Thinking of a drama from the 1970s. A woman has flashbacks/dreams where she travels into the past and meets a handsome man who was killed in a duel.After some research she finds that the reason he was killed was that someone sabotaged his pistol. It's definitely not Somewhere In Time--that was much later and had a different plot.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
That's it, thank you!

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
One of the 80s/90s "Living Dead" franchise films, I think. One of the guys gets bitten, and eventually turns into a zombie. He's still able to speak, and he begs his (still human) girlfriend to let him eat her brains.

Edit: Found it, NightReturn of the Living Dead II.

Edit 2: Posted this a couple years ago, no takers. Anyone recognize this?

quote:

Asian martial arts historical drama, late 70s or early 80s. Set in Medieval China, I think. High death toll. Scenes I remember:

1) Main character (as a young boy) is ushered away as his city/home is captured by bad guys, he runs back just in time to see his mother kill herself to avoid capture. Hokey cut to a flower petal falling from the sky as she stabs herself.

2) Near end of movie, one of the heroines is defeated by a bunch of ninjas, and her last act is to take out her (sharp) earrings and fling them into the eyes of a last bad guy sneaking up on the hero.

3) Final scene is hero and another heroine walking on the beach.

4) Just remembered this scene: the villain ties up the hero and beats him up a bit, then grabs his nuts and squeezes until the hero yells.

Pretty vague, but any ideas?
I really hope this is an actual movie and not a screwed up kid dream.

The Macaroni fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 29, 2017

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Do you mean Return of the Living Dead? That happens near the end of the movie.
Whoops, not NOTLD. Youtube said it was ROTLD2: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...cj2f9Vp41Xr5sur

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Late 80s/early 90s straight to cable movie. Fighter pilot goes nuts and is able to get his plane loaded with a nuclear weapon. He plans to drop it on Las Vegas to "cleanse its sins." He is defeated in an aerial dogfight battle by his mentor/commanding officer/father figure type. Think it had "Angel" in the title. Any idea?

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Polka_Rapper posted:

I thought that at first, but there aren't any dogfights in that film and the plan wasn't to drop the nukes on anything.

Bit of Googling suggests this. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101897/
Thank you, that's it! Don't know how I missed it in Google results.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Request from a friend. Netflix movie: "It had a boy in it who list his dad, and all the boy had left was a journal. He ends up dropping the journal in a stream or lake and loses it. There's also a tall guy who is a professor and has a big house, and a girl that's the same age as the boy." Ring any bells?

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone remember an 80's teen thriller where a girl and guy are running some bank card scam, forging the magnetic strips? I think they uncover some conspiracy and get chased by goons.
Probably not what you're thinking of, but there's a Japanese film called Swallowtail Butterfly where the main characters find a modified 10000-yen bill that allows them to cheat change machines. They get rich and then the goons who had originally planned to use the bill start chasing them.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Early to mid-80s American movie. Doctors at a hospital take bets about which patients will live or die, and one of the nastier doctors decides to speed things along by murdering some of the patients in question. Only scene I clearly remember is the murderer injecting poison into a steak that someone eats, and when the lady gets admitted to the ER he sabotages her ventilator. It's definitely not Coma.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
I don't think there were any big name actors in the movie I'm thinking of, but I could be wrong. Was definitely prior to the 90s though.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
That's it! Thanks!

Edit: Whoa, the lady in the scene I remembered was played by Ellen Barkin. Most other folks in the show are no-names besides Joe Spano.

The Macaroni fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 7, 2018

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
I feel like I asked this in a previous version of the thread, but I can't find it. Horror/sci-fi from mid- to late-1980s. Character is a scientist creating a space suit for Mars exploration. For some reason Evil Corporate Overlord blows him up, and his burned body is placed in the space suit in the hopes that he'll become some kind of robotic slave. If he gets angry or someone touches him, he kills them. Eventually he learns to control his rage, but Corporate Overlord mortally wounds him just before he completes his revenge. Last scene is his widow and a small child looking at a museum exhibit and talking about his contributions to the Mars mission.

Hard to google for this, keeps coming up with "The Martian."

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
YUP. Thanks!

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Polka_Rapper posted:

It was literally the first search I did as well. You can do a custom multi-keyword search by separating them with commas. I plugged two of what seemed to be the most important from your post into it and got this. https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword?keywords=stalker,pop-star

Meanwhile it took forever for "The Vindicator" because it never actually mentions Mars in the wiki or IMDB page.
Thanks again for finding "Vindicator." It's on Youtube and it is a time capsule of 80s bad sci-fi glory.

It's funny that the one thing that stuck with me was the almost throwaway references to Mars exploration. They could have easily said the not-Robocop suit was for undersea exploration or military applications.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

SolarFire2 posted:

I can't tell you the source but I remember very clearly that the hotel/apt. complex/building the story was set in was called the Saint George. I only know this because this was on TV when my family was on a road trip staying at a motel in St. George, Utah. I always remembered the coincidence.
Man, I remember the exact show you're talking about but I can't find it. It's not the Twilight Zone reboot (I checked every episode description), so I'm still looking.

Origami Dali posted:

This sounds like the Tales from the Darkside episode "A New Lease on Life".
Yup, that's it! Thanks!

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Two movies, both late 80s or early 90s:

1) In a scene close to the end, a political candidate at a rally is threatened by a man with a gun. The candidate grabs a kid to use as a human shield, and the clip plays all over the news, ending his career, so he commits suicide.

2) Weird drag scene: a political figure who is clearly a man in drag somehow successfully passes and is embraced by an obnoxious community. Some kind of hacker releases stolen video of the man getting dressed, revealing his secret.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Wheat Loaf posted:

is that the one where Warren Beatty raps?
Pretty sure it's not Bullworth--I think it's older than that.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Definitely older than that, and also the politician "escapes" in The Birdcage without the secret being revealed.

I remember a little more: there's a scene where the guy in drag sings "Stand By Your Man" and everyone is cheering in some kind of stadium, and that's when the hacker sends the spy video feed to the broadcast.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
That's it! Thanks. As weird as I remember, with Dennis Hopper to boot.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
This looks really cool. I'll have to check it out sometime. Thanks for the ID!

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Are you listening to the Blood Brothers mixes? Because they're awesome! I was wondering where this quote was from too. Unfortunately I don't know either. :(

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Heisanevilgenius posted:

I remember being shown part of a movie as a kid. It was some kind of action movie, I think martial arts. There's a scene where the hero is in disguise or something (just a moustache if I remember correctly) and he witnesses a character murder someone by impaling them with some kind of hook and then activating a crane to lift the guy up by the hook? Kind of like the ending to Undefeatable. I don't remember a lot about it but it's always bothered me that I can't find the movie.
I can't find the scene on Youtube, but this sounds a little to me like the movie Kickboxer. Before The Big Final Match, the bad guy's cronies attack the hero's training camp and kidnap his brother, stabbing his master's dog in the process. They tell the hero that if he doesn't throw the Big Match, they'll kill his brother.

While the hero is starting the match, his master (seen here, with a mustache) sneaks off to rescue the brother. He beats up most of the goons, and he faces off against the last guy (knife guy who stabbed the dog), eventually impaling him on a hook and raising it up like you described. So it's not a disguise, but it is a mustached dude doing what you described.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Sounds like a pretty fabulous movie, too.

Edit: OK, it's so bad it's good, and it has amazing moments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVXNMkXL4Yo&t=391s Ending: the one-armed man's final killing blow to the guillotine master sends him flying through the roof into the air; he then kicks a coffin underneath the guillotine master to catch his dead body as it rolls off the roof.

The Macaroni fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 3, 2018

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

ProperCoochie posted:

Well, disregard my previous post. I found the movie! I've searched for it a few times before but this time I was able to verify as the whole movie is on YouTube.

The Haunted, 1991.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BaF-YgmBNk

Funny how the mind misremembers. The scene I described plays out differently than I said, guess that's what 26 years does. Yet it's still pretty drat creepy. The scene begins at 46:17. That unsettling camera pan, ugh, and her face and expressions are just awful.

Funnily enough, the victim is played by Frank Darabont favorite Jeffrey DeMunn.

The ending scene remains eerie as hell. I'm so glad I found this.
Wow, that's pretty messed up for broadcast TV. (Pretty messed up regardless.)

As a kid, when I saw the Twilight Zone movie, the "Wanna See Something Really Scary" scene really screwed me up. I still have a distinct memory of the big reveal being a completely loving nightmarish monster, but when I saw the scene again years later, it's just a bunch of dorky makeup and a set of fake teeth.

Edit: Actually, ok, this is pretty hosed up for a kid to see (48 sec) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETC6NSxpFFE&t=48s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit: holy gently caress, I posted this ten goddamned years ago :corsair: :stare:
drat. This is an old thread and I'm old and you're old.