Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I've been trying to find a horror movie I remember flipping past on TV once; it was a woman alone in a haunted house or cabin on a large body of water (I think she leaves in a boat at one point?) and the conceit was that the audience could see the ghosts, but the woman couldn't (so there were like jump scares where the woman is walking around and there's just some random pale white-eyed dude in the corner watching her, or like he leans down and blows out her candle etc.). Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

Origami Dali posted:

Sounds like every James Wan movie, Conjuring, Insidious, etc.

That's kinda what I thought too, but it doesn't look like any of those films have quite the atmosphere or scenes I'm remembering.

Price Check posted:

There's water/boat stuff in What Lies Beneath. She's alone for a lot of the movie too.

This looks a bit closer, but I distinctly remember a male ghost with whited out eyes watching the woman from a corner while she does stuff.

Thanks though!

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf

ruddiger posted:

Is it new or old? If it’s old, maybe it Let’s Scare Jessica to Death?

It was newer (probably post 2000's?) but that looks like an amazing film and I'll have to check it out!

Edit: I found it!! It's a movie from 2010 called "The Prescence"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL5EgbTvByI

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 7, 2020