Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello

Mind Riot posted:

I barely remember this crazy movie where this woman turned kids into mice. I don't seem to remember much else but it was freakin weird.

The Witches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello

Helvetica Sucks posted:

I've been trying to figure this one out for years. It was a movie I watched during the library period in elementary school. I watched it during the mid/early 90s, but I think the movie seemed older. It was on Laserdisc I think.

Basically it was a movie that probably catered to librarians in that it was meant to teach the values of books in our society. It depicted a future society where books are banned, much like Fahrenheit 451. Alas, it isn't Fahrenehit 451. Basically it's a dystopian society where a bunch of rebel book lovers have some sort of command center, wherein they command a group of freedom fighters battling evil book haters across some industrial wasteland-type setting. It was cheesy as hell, I believe, and it seemed much longer than a regular feature film (although that might have something to do with it being as boring as poo poo).

Was anyone else subjected to this movie?

I think I may have seen this as well. Was there a character named "Abacus", and did they all drive around in an old book-mobile? I think I had to watch something like that in library class back in grade school.

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello

Gasmask posted:

A Japanese movie in black and white about a girl who lives in a hut in the middle of a field of long grass, possibly with her mother. Whenver she tries to leave the area surrounding her home a weird mock-up of a demon appears and scares her back into the house.

'Onibaba', directed by Shindo Kaneto.

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello

Rodney Munch posted:

I swear to god that was a parody of some movie I saw when I was a kid. A town thats totally empty. The pavement is all cracked up and broken. There is no life to be found. Except cockroaches, or maybe worms. I remember a bunch of bugs. Then eventually this crazy looking dude with hosed up eyes/goggles/glasses comes out.

What movie is this?

'Damnation Alley' maybe?

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello

spoogedemon posted:

Does anybody remember a movie that takes place on an island I think right after the end of WW2. There is a Japanese and an American soldier on the island I don't think they know the war has ended. They fight it out over the course of the movie. I think the American has some sort of M3 grease gun with two barrels.

I forgot who won. Probably neither of them.

Probably Hell in the Pacific

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063056/