Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Please put your hands together for Homosexuals the Gorilla!
This is on the behalf of my mom, who may very well be crazy.

She swears up and down that this is a film starring Peter Sellers as a drama critic. However, I introduced her to the IMDB the other night and together we skimmed his entire filmography, and didn't find anything that matched her description. But there's still a good chance that it's a British film from the 60s/70s starring someone superficially similar to Peter Sellers even if it doesn't feature Sellers himself.

She can recount two scenes in particular:

1) "Sellers" comes downstairs to breakfast with his family, and upon leaving for work and kissing everyone goodbye, his daughter tells him to give her imaginary friend in the next seat over a kiss too. He does so, and then the daughter tells him that the friend was standing on her head.

2) "Sellers" is having an affair with a woman in his car, and they attempt to get it on but everything in the car that can go wrong does - i.e. windshield wipers go off, the horn gets honked, etc. etc.

She remembers it being one of the funniest movies she'd ever seen upon watching it in the theater back in the day, and really wants to see it again. So if anyone has an idea, it would be appreciated by both of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Thello posted:

There was a really, really awful horror movie that a friend and I caught on late night TV years ago. I believe it was a series of short stories that revolved around cats. The one in particular that we cracked up at was a ripoff of The Birds, replaced with cats. Two specific moments:

1) The starring woman tries to pick up a piece of paper, but a paw on a stick scratches her arm every time she attempts it.
2) She locks herself in the pantry to escape the onslaught of cats. She's incredibly hungry after days and she finds perfectly fresh bed in the pantry, but she puts a rotten condiment on top of it, gags, and refuses to eat the rest of the bread.

I haven't seen enough of it to determine one way or another, but could it be Cat's Eye?

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Slasherfan posted:

This founds fimilure

I'm not a spelling/grammar nazi by any means but how does something like this HAPPEN?

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Slasherfan posted:

Dyslexia :(

Well now I feel like an rear end in a top hat :(

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Empty_Spaces posted:

I'm thinking of a movie about that came out maybe 10 years ago give or take a couple. All I can remember from it was it revolved around this space mission with a female astronaut who ends up visiting her dead (?) father on some planet. It turns out something went wrong at launch and instead of her spaceship going up, it fell down, but the mission clock or something still showed the time of her dream or whatever.

Sounds kind of like Contact.

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Propaniac posted:

An old movie, probably from the 30s or 40s, that I saw in a "Women in Film" class a couple years ago; it's probably not obscure among movies of that era, but I totally can't think of the title or star. As I recall, it was about a middle-aged woman who was really dowdy-looking who got a makeover for some reason (I think she might have been put in some kind of sanitarium after a breakdown?) and she went on a tropical cruise and met an awesome guy, and then came back to her home and a whole lot of other stuff happened, including, I think, some kind of subplot that involved a younger woman and a guy and a train. That last part may be wrong, though.

Now, Voyager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

gruvmeister posted:

Apologies if these have been covered before, I'm kinda new to the Cinema and there is a LOT of history to go through and I may have overlooked it.

First movie:

This is at least 15 years old now, probably 20 or more. Some horror flic that involves spiders. I vividly remember spiders breaking out of a festering sore on someone's face, this person still being alive and screaming about it. This is just some random memory from childhood of a movie scene I caught after waking up in front of the TV late at night. Blurs together with The Running Man in my memory (maybe a good timeframe reference?) because that's what I had been watching and fell asleep during.
Arachnophobia?