Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

wolf_man posted:

I have been trying to find this one World War II movie for a long time.

I saw it on t.v in the early/mid 90's, so it probably came out in the late 80's- early 90's.

Movie type: World War II

What I remember: Its about a group of american soliders in the winter. Its basically them vs. a group of germans. They are "seperated" from the war, the americans stay in an abandoned church (?) .
There is a christmas scene, where ther germans have a x-mas tree and start singing x-mas songs, some of the americans come over, and they all stare at each otehr for a while, before they convince the germans that they want to forget about the war for just that one night. So the germans and americans stand around this x-mas tree together.

..The end of the movie is the main character (who wore glasses) narrarating how he delivered the letters of his dead friends to their family(?)

anyone know what movie this is?

A Midnight Clear
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102443/

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

minty fresh man posted:

Okay.. I think I am pushing it by asking for ANOTHER movie.. but here I go...
There was this movie I saw not too long ago (two years maybe?). It was about this guy who had really bad luck, and everyone though he was a pervert, but he was doing somewhat normal things. For example, he tried to hang himself, but his parents found him and they assumed some sexual thing. Between every 'event', he would meet up with his friends (or his brother who was married?) and they would try to justify it (or something). Finally, at the end, he is working for a demolition company and he is in the way of a wrecking ball. The ball hits and the boss assumes he is inside the house (the ball broke through) masturbating. At the VERY end, he is dead, on a table, and the guy at the morgue is about to have sex with them.. or they imply that. It was a short movie, but it had a few somewhat-famous people in it. I hope somebody remembers the name because it was pretty funny :smith:
Also the best friend forever-ship offer is up to the person who knows! :dance:

Farm Sluts
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425013/

Starring Chris Parnell as Larry.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

LOOK I AM A TURTLE posted:

I'm not sure why I even want to find out what this movie is, but here goes:

It's a typical "comical switcheroo" type movie, where two boys -- one black underachiever and one white overachiever -- for a no doubt idiotically contrived reason (can't remember how, exactly) end up having their school applications mistaken for each other, or something like that. Thusly, the nerdy white guy has to go to a predominantly black, inner-city school and the cool black guy is sent to a prestigious private school. Presumably, comedy ensues. Needless to say, the lives of the black kid and the white kid end up intersecting in some way, and at the end the white guy has gotten a lot less nerdy and more cool, while the black guy has gotten less anti-intellectual and has learned to appreciate the value of hard work and blah blah blah. I'm sure you could've figured out exactly how the movie would play out just by hearing the premise. One particular sequence, in which the white boy inquires into the grammatical nuances of African-American Vernacular, specifically the phrase "I be flyin'," stands out in my mind. Also, near the end there's some sort of car chase. Any takers?

When did you see this? I know it's not Underclassman, so just quote this and say "It's not Underclassman," or else a million people will say it is.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Elohssa Gib posted:

Well I think I found the movie I was looking for earlier so I'll just ask about a scene from a movie that just popped in my head.

Basically this guy is pulled over and there are a ton of cops pointing guns at him and he reaches into his coat and gets shot to death and it reveals he was just reaching for a lighter, then it goes back to the beginning of the same scene and you realize that what you just saw was him imagining doing that, also there might be one of these in it.

I'm pretty sure that's The Chase starring Charlie Sheen.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TLJRyan posted:

There was this really intriguing movie a teacher was talking about, but he couldn't remember the name.

There was this dad and he had two sons. One day the dad is like "we have to kill these demons." And they go around town and kill these people who the dad says are demons.

This one is Frailty, directed by Bill Paxton and starring Bill Paxton and Matthew McConaughey.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264616/

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Corbet posted:

I remember this movie starring Richard Pryor where he got paid to hang out with a snobby rich kid. What was it?

The Toy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084809/

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Speaking of Richard Pryor I remember a movie with him in which he is put to some kind of test in which he's given a bunch of money and has to spend it within a certain amount of time to...get more money or something. It has scenes where he's going into bars going "drinks on me!" and spending lavishly. At the end he gets into an elevator and some dude trying to sabotage him gives him more money....

Brewster's Millions

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088850/

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Elijah Snow posted:

Ok this one has been bothering me for YEARS.
It's about imaginary friends, and I have no idea who starred in it. A young girl had an imaginary friend, a guy who I believe dressed in green and had red hair. This was maybe last watched around 1995--. She eventually became a grown up and he had to go away, because she didn't need him anymore. I thought the friend was Martin Short, but I can't find a movie with that description with him. Well I can't find it at all.
This may have been a dream when I was a kid, but I also remember the imaginary friend curling up in a ball, or a jackinabox, something like that.

Help please, head boiling.

Drop Dead Fred starring Phoebe Cates and Rik Mayall.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101775/

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Kantaris posted:

I believe that both of the movies I'm looking for are either 80s or early 90s comedies. if they aren't both the same movie...

1. One actor (I think it might be Chevy Chase) is a writer and he and his wife move out to the country so he can....write his novel in peace. Unfortunatly, not everything is perfect and it has some slapstick moments...and then the wife writes ans gets a childrens book PUBLISHED. Also, the mailman drives past their house at about 60+MPH, throws the mail out the window and laughs everytime. At the end, they try to sell the house, and they make everything all nice and perfect and they offer all the people in the town $5 to act normal, and in the end they decide that they want to stay.

Funny Farm

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

invalid user posted:

There was some kind of direct to video cartoon movie thing as a promotion for a toy line. It was like characters that existed as data in the computer world all came out of the floppy drive and changed everyday objects into crap they could hide in and fight with. Like a soccer ball opened up to become a cannon... Any ideas?

Just to get it out of the way, are you thinking of Reboot?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sci-fi/fantasy movie, made in the 1980's. I saw it on the SciFi Channel a long time ago. Some guy living in NYC thinks that he is in a fantasy world. I think Tom Hanks may have been in it, but it's probably just merging with my memories of the movie Big.

edit: It's probably Mazes and Monsters. I'm sorry.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TastySalmonellaYUM! posted:

HELP ME!

Theres this movie about a fugitive, and he keeps running fom some guy who looks just like Thomas L. Jones. He's also looking for this man with one leg or something. I remember he said "It wasn't me, it was a guy with only one leg!". Then all of a sudden a spaceship blew up the White House and Jeff Goldblum got in a fight with the President.

What movie was this?

The Fugitive-Independence Day crossover fan fiction I just wrote. Did you like the slime-orgy with the alien being pleasured by all the FBI agents?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Casi Perfecto posted:

This may be a crazy memorable dream I had but I swear when I was a kid (like ten years ago) I saw this sci-fi Star Wars knock off it had:

- a light saber fight, one light saber was reflected by a mirror
- one scene where this like king looking guy faded into a darth vader character

Please help this has been driving me crazy forever.

Space Balls, almost certainly.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Not a movie, but what's the name of the deep voiced trailer dude? He was on that Geico commercial making that woman's underwater car story more interesting

Don LaFontaine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw

MY POST IS BETTER

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ClydeUmney posted:

Actually, this post is even better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRPN3R_kaPc

Except that's Hal Douglas BUTT FACE

Scrot Eel posted:

This is besterest: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw

That's the exact link I posted

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 14, 2007

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Adrianics posted:

There's something that's been bugging me for a while:

Is there a recent comedy out there that uses the Whitesnake song 'Here I Go Again' as a comedic motif? I swear that I remember seeing this really funny film that used that song to comedic effect at least twice.

If it helps, I think it was a Frat Pack film. If not, I must've dreamt it or something :)

I haven't seen "Old School," but IMDb says that the song "Here I Go Again" is in it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

randomperson2 posted:

This has been bugging me for a couple of days now. There was an 80s teen comedy. A teacher came in for teh second half of the year and he was supposed to raise test scores . I remember he had a beach house and a "hip" name. I think one of the kids in the class was named chainsaw. I remember that the kid who was in the bathroom eventually got the highest test score. But for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the movie, or anyone who was in it. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Summer School?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094072/

----------------

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

randomperson2 posted:

Exactly thank you my insanity has been averted for the time being.

It was the character name that got it. IMDb has a feature where you can search for movies with specific character names.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Svatik posted:

-Saw it on TV
-Maybe 2/3 years ago

-A young family (mother, father, and 8 year old boy), lives in 1950's suburbia. Skinny black ties, fedorah hats, white pickett fences kinda thing. The father works as a mortician, and brings home flesh because THE PARENTS HAVE A CANNIBALISM FETISH. The son is totally unaware of this, and mostly stuggles yo get by with his abusive father. He eventually comes to realize the cannibalism thing. The movie ends with the father who, in a fit of rage tries to kill his son, at which point the mother intervenes and stabs(?) the father, killing him.

-Full length, color movie, drama/suspense/horror, probably late 90s or later. Don't think it was a made-for-tv movie though.

Awesome movie

go goons go

Parents (1989) starring Randy Quaid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098068/

----------------

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Svatik posted:

Inspector Hound you are the man, thank you so much.

I do what I can with what I got.

p.s. :c00l:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

LowJack posted:

The movie I'm trying to find was one made in the 70s or 80s, which I saw as a little child. Basically the precursor for "The Cell", it was about a guy who could enter the dreams of someone else. I remember in the beginning he is in a room with a child who is being stalked by some kind of monster.

Freaked me out as a kid, anyone have an idea?

I guess you should go ahead and confirm that it's not "Nightmare on Elm Street."

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Damo posted:

Ok, I'll be as detailed as I can. I saw this movie around 8 years ago on TV. This movie was about 2 kids. They somehow discover an alien method of transport, basically a translucent inertia-less sphere they could get in that can go fast as hell, and through anything. I specifically remember one scene around the time they discover this thing where one of the kids flies around in it through the ground, trees..basically any material.

Eventually they somehow leave earth in a makeship spacecraft and find the Alien's ship. They do some adventuring there, talk to them (don't really remember much about this part) and leave.

Any ideas? I hope that made sense.

The Explorers, one of the "Identify a movie" thread staples.

----------------

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

anoxia posted:

I think this is a made-for-tv movie or a miniseries, I'm not sure. It's longer than your average movie though, and it's about a girl and her brother. It's a bit Brazil like, in that they go from place to place with no real reason (or at least that's how I remember it).

The only scene I remember properly is them going into another "universe/world". It looks like they've entered the suburbs, it's dark, and there's some sort of curfew on. A boy is playing with his basketball in the driveway and his father comes out and ushers him back into his house. Then the girl and her brother go to a huge office building that looks a lot like the one in Brazil.

The brother had this really annoying name, Michael Daniel or something Michael, and the sister keeps saying his full name all the time. It's a really horrible film, but I really want to remember what it's called.

"A Wrinkle in Time." TV, 2003.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290382/

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

From a kids movie, I'm fairly sure it was computer animated so last fifteen years probably. The main character is being introduced to all the other characters, and one is a little kid that jumps up and yells "wanna wrassle??" really loud and it killed me but I can't remember the movie.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

He should have just googled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Or maybe I did and you can go gently caress your self

Haha no the guy yelling at Carmen electra to show him her tits, this thread is definitely for people beyond googles help