Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

J Delicious posted:

This one is kind of recent but I could use some help. It's a crime movie, British guy with a beard, he gave up crime and went to live as some kind of hermit but comes back to kill the people who either killed his brother or made him OD or something. The trailer for it is on the DVD of the Machinist. I cannot remember the title or anyone who was in it. There's a similiar movie out there that ISN'T it but looks a lot like it, I can't remember that movies name either but it's British and looks really low budget, which the movie I'm thinking of is not.

Whew.

Dead Mans Shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

J Delicious posted:

I found it, this discussion jarred something loose...it's I'll Sleep When I'm Dead with Clive Owen. I suddenly remember the Clive Owen and that got me the movie. Turns out he only has a beard for part of it.

Thanks for the help zombieman.

That looks quite interesting, I'll have to track that down.
Give Dead Mans Shoes a go, it's a great film!

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

StorageBin posted:

15 or so years ago, again, I think.. TV, possibly VHS. I remember this little troll type creature living in the walls of this one house, and a little girl is the only one that ever sees it. The troll would come out at night, and a hole would just appear in the wall where it came out. I don't remember what all the troll did, but I remember it scared the bejeezus out of me for months. Anyway, in the end, the troll gets on a record player, and a cat somehow turns it on and keeps speeding it up at the girl's request. The troll eventually goes flying into a box fan. Later the girl's mother is cleaning up the room, and finds a little metal ball, from the troll's jester style hat.

That's from Stephen Kings Cats Eyes.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088889/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Cymoril posted:

Oh yes, I have been dying to find out what movie this was my whole life. When I was really little, I caught this movie on television and I loved it, and several years later when I was in middle school I went and rented every horror movie I could find that was close to the description I remembered to try to find that movie, but to no avail. I have since given up, but this had reignited my interest.

Somewhere towards the beginning of the movie, a group of people is standing outside a big old mansion or castle, I don't recall which, and there is a statue outside of it with words in another language. One person - a girl - is able to read it and it says something typically ominous and she says it's not a good idea to go into the house. Everyone else laughs at her and they go in. I don't remember why they were there, but their professor or some other adult figure was with them.

I then remember a scene where they are all at a big long table eating dinner, and their dog - yes, they brought a dog to a creepy ol' mansion - wanders over and finds a trap door in the floor somewhere. Being a dog and seeing the presumably wooden thing holding it closed, the dog decides it'd make an excellent toy for a game of fetch and take it. Unfortunately, this opens up the trap door and there's a brilliant white light and byebye doggie.

Cue to someone picking off all of the people one by one until in the end, there are only two left - a man and a woman. They are running through the house trying not to get killed by monsters when they find the trap door and go down into this massive room that's completely blinding white. There's a white creature down there that screams at them, and the sound is almost paralyzing and they can barely move. I don't recall how but they kill the creature and run away and the movie ends.

Anyone know what film this is?

The Evil:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077524/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

madkapitolist posted:

This is a decently new movie. It has something to do with this guy who is given a shot of something and if his adrneline drops below a certain level he dies, I cant put my finger on it and its killing me. The whole movie is him doing crazy poo poo so he doesnt die.

Crank.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

LoG posted:

I need some help remembering one and it has to do with a song in the movie. I can't remember anything about the movie except this one line of song that's playing a loop in my brain. It sounds like a womans or maybe a childs chorus singing "Thou shall not kill" all angelic like. It's driving me loving crazy.

Sounds a little like a track from Lost Boys.

Edit for more info:
It sounds like Cry Little Sister by Gerard McMann from The Lost Boys:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093437/

zombieman fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 2, 2006

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Jamesman posted:

There was a trailer for a movie posted a couple months ago. I believe it was a foreign movie set in modern day (possibly the future, though). It had a similar digital polish that Sin City and 300 have, but I don't think it was based on a comic.

Can anyone help me figure it out? I can't even begin to search for it. I'm checking out Apple's trailers right now, but I don't even have a hint of what the title is or if it's even still up.

Thanks in advance.

Renaissance:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386741/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Been curious about a movie I saw on tv, only the ending. From what I remember our badass anti-hero (might've been wearing black, leather, or both) is holding a bad guy hostage (I remember him being either mid-eastern or latinoish in complexion, think Borat). Baddie has a grenade in his mouth, and cops are holding a standoff. So anti-hero yanks the pin and takes off, while baddie doesn't wtf to do so kinda runs around like a headless chicken. Eventually he blows up, taking the top half of his body off. Anti-hero then plays the harmonica.

Wanted: Dead or Alive, starring Rutger Hauer and Gene Simmons from Kiss.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094293/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Geeze, do you guys who lived in the 80s just remember these things? I suppose my day will come soon enough :(

Actually, I ony rewatched it the other day, the first time in years. It was a terrible letdown. :(

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

evenfl0w posted:

I'm trying to find out the name of a horror movie made in the 80's. The movie was alot like the first puppet master except it wasen't puppet master. I want to say it was called doll house or toy house, but the movies that come up with those searches at imdb are for the wrong movies. I used to love this movie when I was 5/6 and i'd like to give it a rent.

Could it be Dolls?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092906/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Jonny posted:

Im trying to remember the name of this film, my friend once described it to me. I think it was about some girl who had no friends and made some creepy doll that came to life? It was a horror I think and the title was somebodys name.

Sorry for being so vague :(

It could be May:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303361/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Binary Logic posted:

Well, there's time manipulation, and um...okay you're right, I'm way off with that guess.

But the details as given are pretty vague. Was it 'time travel' from our time into the medieval past, or from the past into our time, or into some future, or did future aliens come to the present?
Did the aliens look like us, or did they look like a completely different species...
What about :
another Jean Claude movie, Masters of the Universe II: The Cyborg
or maybe
Xtro 2: The Second Encounter or possibly Xtro 3: Watch the Skies.

There's no time travel in Cyborg, which isn't actually a sequel to Masters Of The Universe (Though it started life as one), and the travelling in Xtro II is dimensional.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

I've got one that's been bugging me for days, but I have very little information. It's from a making of documentary or featurette, for a film released in the last probably 15 years. All I can remember is an actor jokingly claiming the director only hired him for his ability to vomit on command! I think the genre is horror, possibly horror comedy, but I might be wrong. If anyone can help me based on the pathetic amount of info I've given, I'll be forever in their debt!

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Carthag posted:

Beyond the Mat perhaps? It's a documentary about Wrestlers and there's a guy who can vomit on command.

Definitely not, I've never seen that.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Was wondering if there were any zombie movies made before 28 Days Later that featured running zombies

Not a whole movie, but the first zombie glimpsed in Night Of The Living Dead runs after Barbara when she gets into the car.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

I saw an old 70s movie with Audrey Hepburn, where she plays a blind woman living at home when burglars enter (think it inspired Panic Room). You have 3 different robbers, one I don't remember his personality too much, one was a charmer and much more sympathetic in his treatment towards AH (and winds up getting killed), and one guy was a total snake

Wait Until Dark.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062467/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Jakio posted:

I saw this movie a few months ago on IFC.

This young girl drew this house and when she went to sleep, the house came alive in her dreams, it was like a happy place for her. She drew more stuff, a boy in the window for example, and that stuff appeared in the dream too. Early on in the movie, her drawing gets throw away. She digs it out and it was all dirty and ripped up. She goes to sleep and goes back to the house in her dreams, but everything is all dark and gothic and it became a nightmare.

I think this movie was made in the late '80s/early '90s.

Paperhouse.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098061/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

bleearg posted:

It would have had to have been one of the newer 80's ones, as this was definitely in color. I'll check the episode list and see if I can find it. I seem to remember it being called "Child's Play" or something vaguely similar. IMDB searches don't produce much using my keywords.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088909/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Lil Danzig posted:

I posted this several pages back. And it's been unanswered. Somebody actually even sent this into the Onion AV Club a week ago, so I'm bringing it up again because there is new information afoot.

It's a movie or an episode of a TV anthology series. Probably the latter, because it was low-budget. I saw it in the early to mid-80's, and it had to be recent at the time, because the movie was based on a very popular 1980's toy.

It was focused around a game similar to Simon, a matching game. It was about kids in this neighborhood who became obsessed with the game. They all played the game non-stop and, eventually, one kid beat the game's hardest level and was transported to another dimension or something (I don't think it was ever actually explained where he went). The other kids all gradually started to do the same thing and disappear, until every kid in the neighborhood was vanishing.

The very last scene, and the only one I remember vividly, is of the father of one of the boys (a skinny guy with a beard and probably glasses) sitting on the edge of his son's bed at night, playing his son's game and trying to be reunited with him by beating it himself.

So. Here's what I know -- The Onion claims this is based on the story "Mimsy Were the Borogoves", which is also the basis of the new movie The Last Mimzy. This much seems correct, after researching the story, there are a lot of similarities, although "Mimsy" goes a long way towards describing the 'how and why' of the kids disappearing, while this was a bit more mundane, the kids just :poof: vanished.

I also know that there was a French adaptation of the story created in the 1970's, but that was most definitely not it. I've also scoured episode guides for The New Twilight Zone, Steven Speilberg Presents: Amazing Stories, Freddy's Nightmares, Friday the 13th: The Series and The Ray Bradbury Show, but to no avail.

So yeah, The AV Club response was basically "we're stumped." The comments section of the article was filled with people talking about things that were similar, but refusing to admit that these weren't correct. I can assure you with 100% certainty that this movie was NOT Flight of the Navigator, The Last Starfighter, Arcade, The Wizard, or Mac and Me.

So. Any ideas? I'm about at the end of my rope here and I've been searching for months now to no avail. Please rescue me from impending insanity.

Could it be Arcade:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106302/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

anticake posted:

Did you say that just to drive him crazy?

Tits, I need to read properly. Sorry.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

jonny righteous posted:

I have one: It was on TV, must have been late 80's or early 90's. A family wake up one morning to find their house sealed in, as in can't open the windows or doors because theres a big wall outside or something. the husband trys to find ways out of the house like chopping through the roof or getting out the garage door but all the objects he uses seem to have some weird logo on them (like on the handle of the axe he trys to chop out with). I'm not sure what the logo was all about but it always had ominous music with it.

this has been bugging me for years and years - my parents made me go to bed before the finish so I never knew what happened.

I answered this earlier. It's an episode of The Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense called Child's Play.

In the end, it turns out they are actually toys in a futuristic dolls house that the owners brother has hidden in a heating duct, hence the heat rising and the strange goop coming down the chimney,

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Frost posted:

Ok, this one is terribly vague, but I give myself in the knowing hands of your combined awesomeness:

About 8-10 years ago I was on vacation in France and it ran on a tv set in a pool bar in the background. Here's whatever I can remember of it:
I remember that it was some tropical/hot/maybe desert setting, and there was a battle going on between what I remember as tribal looking groups. It might have been fantasy, but it was hard to discern with no sound and the tribal look going on it might have just as well been some realistic tropical or African setting. The fighting was rough, I think I remember some gore. I think it was mostly white/hispanic guys, no black people.
The thing that stands out the most though is that the setting of the fight was wooden battlements and other weird buildings made out of wood trunks, it was all tall (5 to 8 metres) buildings/gantries and they were fighting on top of it, and I think the one group was trying to take the fort or whatever it was from the other, with someone or something special being in a central wood thingie. There might or might not have been some elaborate traps which the one group used to defend themselves.

This is all I can remember and maybe someone has an idea what I'm talking about.

It sounds like it could possibly be No Escape:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110678/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Frost posted:

I'm sorry I didn't mention that, but it was sword and knife and club fighting, no guns or helicopters, which rules out this movie.

For the scenes you describe, there were no guns or helicopters. The battles pretty much consist of people brandishing spears, clubs and such, plus traps.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

JfishPirate posted:

I saw this movie on DVD in somewhere around 1999-2002. It had a burly white man as the main character, and he was digging up his front yard for some reason. I think it ended in a church with demons or something. I'm not sure if it's the same film, but the guy found his wife incased in plastic at some point.

It sounds like it could be Fraility:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264616/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Antagon posted:

Ok I'll bite.

The movie was about a robot that goes crazy and kills starts killing people (original!)
I remember it being a simple robot, I specifically remember it crushing a guy under a car, swinging a saw blade into someones leg(?), and keeping a mother trapped in a corner with a bunch of lasers.

Saw the movie on TV, i'd say....10 years ago?

Big thanks to anyone who knows this, it's been slowly eating away at the back of my brain for years now

Sounds like it could be Evolver:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112993/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Antagon posted:

ECTO-1, I looked up Runaway and watched the trailer, def. not it, thanks though

zombieman, the description for Evolver sounds like it may be it, but I can't find a trailer or anything to confirm, but i'll keep looking.

Thanks for the suggestions

I've had a hunt myself, but no luck on the trailer front. Do you remember a scene where the robot fires ball bearings everywhere, and someone takes a nasty fall on them?

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

NickThorn posted:

I saw a trailer within the past two years and it was an independent film about a man who is murdering a bunch of guys who, in the past as some sort of drunk prank or evil gang thing killed his sister or brother. I seem to remember something about a goat's head or a sheep's head. It could have been filmed in Ireland or England

That sounds like it could be Dead Man's Shoes:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419677/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

What movie is the background image from this advertisement from?

A link to the imdb page would be much appreciated.

edit: link is :nws:

From the rather excellent The Beyond:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082307/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

thefunkygibbon posted:

i gots a film that i watched as a youngun many years ago.

facts

• 80's film
  • star of the film starts off with having been on some kind of space-walk is exposed to the sun's "deadly rays" or something which gives him some kind of super powers
  • now back on earth every time the guy looks into the sun, the powers come back, which involve super human strenth and speed and general cool stuff like that.

Northstar:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091650/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

thefunkygibbon posted:

ahhaha thanks a million. sounds about right... tv movie :( so i guess it would be hard to find (not that its probably worth it)
also Greg Evigan :lol:

:edit: also , Dizzy loving rocks.

I've tried for many years to find a copy. I saw it when it was first on UK TV, and remembered it that well! Also, drat right Dizzy rocks! :D

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Cumfart Cocktail posted:

Horror film.
I think that it was set on an oil rig or something.
Something is hauled up and infects one of the crew and it kills people.
I think that it then goes on to infect others.

Sorry about the hazy memory, but it was many years ago (something like 20 years ago)

Could it be Proteus?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114196/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

ThreeHeadedMonster posted:

I've got 2, and if they are simple, please don't flame.

Movie 1 - I saw it on digital cable about 6-7 years ago, and it looked like it was from the late 70s-mid 80s. I remember there being 4 teens (2 boys, 2 girls) on a roadtrip, and their car breaks down or whatever, and they go check out this wax museum to see if they can get help, use a phone or whatever. There was the curator of the museum who was creepy and hit on one of the girls. Somewhere in the movie, I think one of the wax models turns out to be his wife or something. From what I remember, I think 3 of 4 people died, with the exception of the girl that the curator had a crush on, she passed out and woke up in a bed with him taking care of her. Stuff happens, and the only thing I remember is, she is driving away with the wax wife.

Please don't tell me its the original House of Wax that the remake was made with Paris Hilton.

It's definitely Tourist Trap.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Thello posted:

There was a really, really awful horror movie that a friend and I caught on late night TV years ago. I believe it was a series of short stories that revolved around cats. The one in particular that we cracked up at was a ripoff of The Birds, replaced with cats. Two specific moments:

1) The starring woman tries to pick up a piece of paper, but a paw on a stick scratches her arm every time she attempts it.
2) She locks herself in the pantry to escape the onslaught of cats. She's incredibly hungry after days and she finds perfectly fresh bed in the pantry, but she puts a rotten condiment on top of it, gags, and refuses to eat the rest of the bread.

I haven't seen it in a few years, but it sounds like it could be The Uncanny.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076853/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

ZenMaster posted:

Very vauge. I saw this late at night, on TV (we never had any premium channels, so it could have been USA "Up All Night" or something. Late 80s, almost sure of it. Could be early 90s.

All I know for sure, is there is a house with a weird family, and a monster (I think from space because I remember a space helemt) in the house. I think maybe an astronaut is in the house fighting it. Or maybe aliens trying to kill it. I think it's a guy, and alien man who has come down and is fighting it. They were trying to find and kill it in the house, I think. I know in the end, the monster wins. They think they kill it, and it gets away. It struck me as odd because the monster never wins, and this time it did (as a child, this blew my mind). The last shot is people getting into the car to leave the house, and you see the monster in there with them or something like that.

Big fight at the end, they battle the monster in the kitchen, I am almost sure of it. Lots of goop, slime, or something.

It was campy. It had a "Amazon Women of the Avacado Forest" feel to it, very cheesy like "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". I loved these type of films as a kid. The monster wasn't 'scary', but more like a bug-eyed, and goofy monster. Like a Garbage Pail Kid card or something. I think it could disguise itself as other people. Maybe a women, or the owner of the house. It's a long shot, but it was such an odd film. Sorry, I remember about 10 seconds from it.

Is this Terrorvision again by any chance?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092074/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Pweller posted:

What movie is it that opens with a person walking up to a church where nuns are praying inside. Once inside, he (or maybe a woman) pulls out a shotgun and starts blowing the poo poo outta nuns.

That sounds like the opening of The Convent:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217331/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

mikrokosmos posted:

This is a cheesy 80s sci-fi/action flick I saw like six or seven years ago. It takes place in some Terminator ripoff setting where human survivors battle it out against really tough robots across a postapocalyptic wasteland. The main character is a man from the present day who suddenly finds himself in the future and his wife in the present day happens to be a squadmate though she doesn't happen to be aware of their previous history for whatever reason. There's only one scene I can still clearly recall and in it they go through the whole "I could've sworn I've met you before and we were something more in another time" rigamarole and just when they're about to kiss a robot unconvincingly barges through the wall of the building they were hiding in. One of the details that's caught in my memory is that alot of the engagements between robots and humans occur at long ranges and each squad usually has a designated "flanker" that lags behind the rest and baits the robot. Ideas?

A.P.E.X:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109144/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

tygloalex posted:

I saw this movie about six months ago, maybe a year max. Didn't pay too much attention to it, but now I can't get it out of my head and I don't know why. It was
-mainstream hollywood movie
-cheesy teen horror, almost definitely pg-13
There was a bad vampire/supernatural guy and the good guy and his girlfriend. Somehow the good guy goes to his father's secret scary house and finds out he is also supernatural and then they fight in a barn with lots of "punch me and I fly back 50 feet" moves. I think the setting was in a school, maybe all-girls school and I think the bad guy would play tricks on the girlfriend and then disappear or something. Wow, I can't remember much else about it. Help, please, shouldn't be really difficult, it was mainstream USA.

The Covenant:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475944/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Rirse posted:

I am trying to remember a movie or special which I remember had Kermit the frog that took place with toys and dolls that if caught being alive, would "die" and never move again. I think it was probably a decade or so ago, and I remember watching it on tv either at school or at home.

The Christmas Toy:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099263/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

I remember there being an Oscar nominated short film (dont think it won) several years back, probably early 2000s. Anyway so there's this guy I think he works at a supermarket or something and imagines all these women coming in naked. I know I know, but I'm positive it was oscar nominated. I think this was around the time iTunes began selling Oscar nominated shorts

Cashback, later turned into an excellent full length movie.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0409799/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

Parkingtigers posted:

There is a TV show that has been bugging me for at least 25 years, maybe one of you can finally solve the mystery for me. It must have been shown sometime between 1978 and 1984 on British television, and it was a story about some strange creature that was going around on the moors killing people. I remember distinctly one scene where it attacks a man in his tent, possibly someone investigating the attacks as he is dictating into an old-style tape recorder at the time. When his body is found, the police have the audio record of the attack, plus some blurry slides from a camera that starts recording when it is knocked over in the fight.

I was very young at the time it came out, which is why I'm sure it must have been shown about that time. I missed the final episode of the show, not that I remember much else about it apart from what I wrote above. I was told at the time, though this may be bullshit, that the creature turned out to be an RAF pilot who had crashed on the moors, and his helmet jammed onto his head and turned him psychotic. Like I say, maybe bullshit, but sounded good at the time.

Seriously, 25 years this has nagged at me. I know it ain't a movie, but still, had to ask. 25 years of torture drove me to it.

The rather brilliant Nightmare Man:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0170989/

Available on DVD!
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/619648/The-Nightmare-Man/Product.html