Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004
Okay, so in this movie I'm trying to remember (and have been for years) there's this one guy and I think he gets recruited by an older guy (the old guy starts training him, at least) and the few parts I remember is that there is a restaurant scene where they use a serving tray to either block bullets or use it as a mirror or something (I remember the silver serving tray specifically.) I also recall the younger guy being trained to always know exactly where everyone is and what everyone is wearing everywhere he goes.

I've been looking for this movie for years, and I think I first saw it in theaters around 2001ish, but it may have been shortly before that or after it. Sorry for being vague, maybe someone can recognize my movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

FitFortDanga posted:

Possibly The Recruit. I don't recall any scene with a tray, but the movie as a whole was quite forgettable.

I know I saw that movie around the same time; I own that movie now because I thought that's what it was, but it wasn't. I could be leaking parts of The Recruit into my memories, though, because I know I enjoyed The Recruit.

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

Nique posted:

Could it be Spy Game? It fits the premise and the year, but I don't remember any tray in that either. There was a fairly lengthy restaurant scene, so I guess the tray might have been used there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266987/

I own this movie too, and I'm pretty sure it isn't it. Are they attacked in the restaurant scene in Spy Game? I specifically remember a sniper shooting into the restaurant in the mystery movie.

By the way, thanks for trying to help me identify the movie, both of you. :)

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

snipsnap posted:

Was it Adventures of Remo Williams?

Nope. I remember seeing the mystery movie in theaters, and I only started going to theater around 1999ish. This movie is a bit too old for that (and I read the description of this movie and it doesn't match what I remember, plus I've never heard of it.)

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

Nique posted:

In xXx there's a restaurant scene with a sniper, and a silver tray is used to blind him temporarily.

I am upset I know this. :(

Alright, so right now I'm pretty sure that I have mysteriously blurred together the movies xXx, Spy Game, and The Recruit. All movies that I enjoyed quite a bit. To be honest, I'm surprised that you guys were able to pick out those three movies, since I'm pretty sure that it's elements of those combined that make my mystery movie.

Sounds like the premise for a good game: mix three movies together and write a summary for it and see if people can come up with the contributing movies. :)