Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

wolf_man posted:

Movie type: World War II

What I remember: Its about a group of american soliders in the winter. Its basically them vs. a group of germans. They are "seperated" from the war, the americans stay in an abandoned church (?) .

Sounds like it could be A Midnight Clear.
Edit: too slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

Alan Smithee posted:

I know the Jews run hollywood and all but this is ridiculous. Honestly who's bright idea was it to cast Israelis as nazis? Sounds like something...I dunno, Alan Smithee might do

I don't see the problem honestly. They're just acting; it's not like they're going to jump up, go Sieg Heil and start blasting people in downtown Tel Aviv.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa
What movie is this from?

The screens are from The Untitled Star Wars Mockumentary by Damon Packard (actually available in full through the internet archive here: http://www.archive.org/details/The_Untitled_Star_Wars_Mockumentary/) so it's some sci-fi B-movie but I don't recognize the actress.

Big Steveo posted:

This is a very vague description of what I remember but it was a movie which tied into Chess. The story was that there were a group of murders which was masterminded by a man who left clues Chess style. It's been bugging me for weeks. Anyone lead me onto the right track?

You're not thinking of the Twin Peaks TV-series? It had a plotline where a murderer set up a correspondence chess game with the FBI agent and killed someone whenever a piece was captured.

Crocuta fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 16, 2007

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

mastur posted:

I saw this movie once as a child, (due to lack of responsible adults at the time, in fact, they rented for me when i picked it out), I was probably 6 or 7 maybe. It was a fantas movie about barbarians, specifically female barbarians.

Anyways, the leading actress gets captured, and some invading kingdom or whatever has her tortured. What I didn't realize at the time, was that it was torturing her by giving her really intense orgasms. I would love to see this horrible movie again, 15 years later.

"Female barbarians" sounds like Hundra but I don't know if there was an orgasm-torture scene in it.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa
I think I watched this one during the 80s or early 90s. The plot revolves around some sort of group secretly playing two chess champions against each other. One player somehow receives the move from one game one of the champions is playing and then plays that move and transmits the response to the other game in turn. After a while one of the champions sees through the bluff because he recognizes the style of play as that of the other champion. I don't recall what the purpose of all this was at all.

It might've taken place on a boat and in a Cold War context, and it might've been Dangerous Moves, but the plot summaries don't mention anything about the above scheme.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

TheBuilder posted:

1. This was probably an English production or at least featured English/UK actors (likely a late 1980s production). Plot is something like a boy living with his mean aunt and uncle travels to a fantasy land being plagued by the evil guy. (I think his name was Cato or Kato) Hero kid's pal tags along on the adventure. Hero must kill baddie by stabbing him in the heart. I've searched endlessly with no luck.

Mio in the Land of Faraway seems to fit the bill: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093543/

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2dAUPGrp5c

Crocuta fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 1, 2007

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

Alan Smithee posted:

Not sure if this is an ID per se, but I'm wondering if there have been any movies (action/horror) where a guy kills another person with a motorcycle, primarily by front tire to the face

In xXx Vin Diesel hits some guard dude in the face with the front tire of his (flying) bike but I don't know if he killed him because I kind of turned the movie off at that point.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa
This is a thiller of some sort that I remember seeing on TV during the 80s or early 90s. The main character is a former cop (I think) who is a crack shot but something traumatic happened that caused him to be extremely afraid of the noise and recoil of ordinary guns so he only uses an air pistol instead. In on scene he tries to fire a regular gun (a buddy talks him into it) but almost drops it while doing so.

In the only other scene I remember he gets in a fight with someone and shoots him in the face repeatedly with his air pistol. Something happens to the guy he's chasing (he fall through a window or something) and the main character threatens him with his air pistol but the chased guy says: "I'm dying, you can't do anything to scare me", and then the main character presses his air pistol to one of his eyes and says: "now you're going to die blind!" In the close-up the viewers see that the dying guy has a lot of small cuts in his face from being shot with the air pistol. Might've been a TV movie or pilot.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

AnimeJune posted:

1. Okay, the first movie I watched on Showcase when I was about 10 or 11, so mid-90s. I’m pretty sure it was a British movie. It was about a boy, and he’s in love with a girl, and somehow he finds this magical being in exile (also a boy about his own age) who can grant seven wishes - with the gist being that you can unwish the first six, but the seventh is permanent. So naturally, the hero makes a load of poorly-thought out wishes all in regards to getting close to the girl he likes, and he ends up transformed into things like a rock star (who’s chased by an angry mob of parents), a girl (when he wishes to be the girl’s best friend) and eventually, for his seventh wish, a baby (because he wishes that everyone would love him). The effects are really bad - for instance, he’s not really a baby by the end of it, but himself in a diaper and a bonnet in a crib made to look smaller than it actually is. Somehow the genie-boy gets back to his own land so he gets his powers replenished and the protagonist-boy goes back to normal. Any takers?

The "seven wishes that transform the character and also backfire" sounds similar to Bedazzled.

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

Nav Omicron posted:

Googling movie quote "die blind" points to a verbatim line/situation like you described in Sunset Grill. The movie description doesn't quite match.

Is that your movie?

Yeah, looks like that's it. My memory is a little fuzzy on this but I remember the mustache from seeing the poster on imdb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

Milk-Eyed Mender posted:

Hi this is film someone told me about and I want to see. It's about a girl stuck in a prison cell in some foreign country, she befriends the female prisoners, gets out eventually, etc. Anyone have any clues?

Could be Bangkok Hilton with Nicole Kidman: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096540/