Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Panty_HaX0r posted:

This sounds exactly right, thanks! No clue how FitForDanga got The God's Must Be Crazy aside from the australia thing :(

I thought the woman was a teacher, and that she was topless at some point, and that there an incident at the end with terrorists or something. Gimme a break, it's been 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

squeegee posted:

I just saw Rebel Without a Cause for the first time in years and now it's driving me crazy trying to remember some lovely old movie that I watched (probably on MST3k) that completely rips off the plot/ending. In fact, I think the last scene might even have been filmed at the same location, or at least a very similar one. I looked through my collection but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know what this is?

I seem to remember that in the lovely movie, there was some kind of chase that led the characters ("bad" kids) up to the outside of some building that looked remarkably like the planetarium in Rebel Without a Cause, and then they ran around some more and eventually one of them got shot or stabbed or something and a cop made some sober, head-shaking remark and then the credits rolled.

Searching for movies filmed at Griffith Observatory revealed this possibility: Teenage Crime Wave.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Fab Boner posted:

I remember seeing a film on USA Up All Night some time in the early 90s about some kind of monster loose on an island, and there was a small crew of people that managed to get to it without realizing there was a problem. The only scene I remember distinctly is with one or two people entering a seemingly-empty laboratory and going through a door, and we see the monster attack them from a first-person perspective, but not the aftermath. I'm pretty sure it was some kind of genetic mutation that killed the original inhabitants, but that's all I've got.

Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People? I can't remember if there was a first-person perspective scene or not, but some of the details match.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Pweller posted:

Movie I saw on tv, probably in the early 90s. The gist of the story is that a nuclear war kicks off, and a group of people retreat down into a bunker somewhere in a city. After staying down there long enough (a month?), maybe with a radio getting the odd transmission, their food supply starts to run low, and they turn against each other (maybe get violent and kill).
*ending spoiler*
Eventually they decide to go outside and check things out, and find a whole crapload of media. The whole thing was a social experiment.

Are you absolutely sure about the ending? Because otherwise it sounds a lot like Threads.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Encryptic posted:

Could be Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow, I suppose. The movie follows two different paths: One where she gets on the subway in time before the doors close and one where she doesn't get on in time. It came out years before The Butterfly Effect as well. Don't remember a "parking meter" scene, but I saw the movie a long time ago and don't remember much of it.

Along the same lines, there's Kieslowski's Blind Chance (which I'm convinced was the inspiration for Sliding Doors). No parking meter in there, either.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

redbone posted:

I saw this movie on tv about 15 years ago.
It was about a family that lived in the woods or a rainforest.
Their house/cabin was adjacent to some water mass I think.
The family had a boy and one day he was wandering in the woods and got taken by an indigenous tribe.
Later in the movie the family found the boy, he was full grown and identified himself as a member of this tribe.

What the hell movie is this?

The Emerald Forest

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JoeNotCharles posted:

You might be thinking of The Man Who Knew Too Little, a spy spoof which ended with a banquet for Russian dignataries with lots of Russian dancing and costumes.

It might also be Stripes, although that's Czechoslovakia.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Fantastipotamus posted:

This really isn't much to go on.. but I seem to recall a scene from what I believe to be a horror movie, and this part involved this creepy bit involving this old painting called 'Sunday in the Park', and basically, it zooms in on this one kid (I think) in the painting, and the face is very scary/distorted.

Anyone? This is the painting in question.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Portly Prince posted:

I am positive this is Night of the Comet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/

Night of the Comet is post-apocalyptic and has valley girls, but I'm pretty drat sure there's no roller-skaters with happy faces who "skate the path of righteousness".

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Hawkstein posted:

Edit: I just remembered another one. I also saw this one during the early to mid 90s (coincidentally, at the same hotel I saw the second movie). Anyway, it was something like this girl's mom kills a lot of guys because she's really protective of her daughter? Or something. All I know is this girl's mom kills a lot of guys much to the daughter's dismay. I think they made a sequel, too.

Serial Mom?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Can we rename this thread to "The movie you're looking for is Explorers"?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Catrel Stevens posted:

I remember some kind of horror movie, possible horror comedy, that's at least 10 years old. It was a "Creepy new neighbors move in next door" story. All I can remember specifically is that near the end, they discover a whole bunch of human bones in the trunk of one of the creepy neighbors. It may have been geared towards kids, I don't know. I believe there was also something off about the stairs at the creepy neighbors' place. Possible some creature or deformed person living in/under them?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like The 'Burbs.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Internet Gentleman posted:

Sounds like it could be La Plančte Sauvage
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070544/

Its called was Fantastic Planet for the U.S. release and is an animated tale of humans kept as domesticated pets by an alien race of giant blue humanoids.

Except for the fact that none of that poo poo happens in Fantastic Planet.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Spider Crusoe posted:

This was a drama, probably from the early '90s. It was about some kids, possibly teenagers, and I think there was a girl. At least one or all of them were homeless, runaways, or having trouble in school. I remember them meeting up under a bridge, and it might have been a regular hang out spot. There might have been a sea nearby. This last part I might be mixing up with another movie, but one of the kids had a confrontation or fight with an adult inside a building, I think involving catwalks.

This sounds like it could be a lot of things, but the first movie I thought of was River's Edge (no catwalks, though).

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

jidohanbaiki posted:

Also, I'm trying to remember an animated flick with huge telepathically talking snails. What the hell was it even about? It still haunts my childhood memories.

Laloux's Les Escargots?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

ICA posted:

Can someone clue me in here; I'm looking for the title of a movie released (in the UK at least) in 2007. I don't think it was a huge film. It was about WW1 or WW2 and title is something like "Letters From..." or "Greetings From..."?

Letters From Iwo Jima?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

NosmoKing posted:

There's a documentary out there about the rise and fall of Air America radio.

I can't find it because I can't remember it.

help.

Left of the Dial?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

tvoblivion5 posted:

I was in Junior High in 1985, and we were shown a strange anime-style short about the dropping of atomic bombs on Japan in WWII. I distinctly remember setup after setup showing peaceful scenes of everyday life in Japan until everyone looks up to see the bomber (an evil glint of evil *shink* light highlights it just before it drops its payload). The bomb hits and it turns into an absolute bloodbath. The most startling deaths are of a mother breastfeeding her child... they melt into one gooey mess.

Please help...

I also saw this in class around the same time. I think it's Barefoot Gen, but when I watched it a few years ago, I couldn't be 100% sure because it had been so long.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Ah Explorers, the perennial "Identify this movie" movie.

Your other one is Les Diaboliques.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Dr. Doorknob posted:

Now I've got one -- I've been wondering about this movie for a while now, and my Google-fu has failed me.

It was an animated movie I remember watching when I was a wee kidlet in the late 80s. However, the only specific thing I can remember about it is a line from a song:
"You can do anything, as long as it's nothing in the Doldrums!"

...anyone have any ideas?

The Phantom Tollbooth

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

InfiniteZero posted:

Was it possibly Bertolucci's The Conformist?

If so, YES, you really do want to see the rest of it, because it's an incredibly good film.

That was my first thought, too, but I couldn't remember anything about flowers in it. I also thought of Last Year in Marienbad, but I doubt that's it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Forgone Conclusion posted:

I saw a little bit of this movie once on TV. I can't remember the title.

It was black-and-white, and judging from the picture and sound quality, it was probably from the late 50s or early 60s.

The main character was a man, who, for some reason, was in a mental asylum, even though he was sane.

I remember one character pretty vividly. He was a black inmate who believed he was white and started the Ku Klux Klan in the asylum.

Anyone know what this is?

EDIT: grammar

Shock Corridor

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

timepenguin posted:

Saw once on tv maybe on tmc or somewhere an Italian black and white movie (had subtitles). What I remember it was about some guys (possibly family) and they ended up going to a party as cross dressers, I think... Before the party they had been looking through womens clothes at one of their houses, then after the party late in the morning one got really depressed and I think he was leaving the town and his girl/wife.

It's a really bad description of what happened, it'll see if I can think of it anymore.

I Vitelloni

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

invalid user posted:

So I'm not a pedo, I promise (great way to start a request), but I have this one film that was on the movie channels in the 80s. It involved an underaged girl (10-13) raised in what looks like the 1800s or early 1900s in a remote possibly european area. There are two scenes I remember most:

1) She is whored out to a 50 something guy in a scene where she's carried out on a big throne or something carried by a bunch of the people who live in the same place she does. There were sparklers involved I think.

2) She ends up with this artistic guy, jumps on his bed and breaks it, and poses for him nude for a painting and throws a tantrum. I remember this and thinking "what the gently caress? kid nudity on tv? What the flying gently caress?!?!"

I'm really not interested in seeing this so much as reading the imdb on it and finding out what the gently caress the context was.

Haven't seen it, but it could be Pretty Baby.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Capn Jobe posted:

A few years ago I was able to identify this movie, but have since forgotten.

It was an adventure film of some sort, and the hero was actually a gymnast (maybe actually played by an olympic gymnast, I don't remember). The scene that stands out is somehow he ends up in a place called "Village of the Crazies." And his only way to protect himself if this mysterious pommel horse conveniently located in the town's center. By swinging around on this thing he is able to keep the crazy people at bay. I saw it on TBS during the day maybe 15 years ago and it's bugged me ever since.

Gymkata. I saw that piece of poo poo in the theater.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Big Jim Nordberg posted:

I need help with an old movie question that comes and goes every once in a while.

Im sure the film is Unbreakable but ive since seen the film and it hasnt appeared in there:

A man goes into a comic show and says he would like to buy this very expensive comic (or maybe a drawing) for his son/daughter the owner, refuses to sell it him because he isnt worthy of owning such a rare piece of work just because he can afford it.

Its a little like the scene from High Fidelity with Jack Black giving that guy poo poo.

A comic SHOW or a comic SHOP? If shop, it's gotta be Unbreakable. If show, it might be Chasing Amy. I seem to recall a comic convention scene in that.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Big Jim Nordberg posted:

Im sure ive seen Unbreakable since and it wasnt in there.

I haven't seen it for a while, but I'm pretty sure this is in the movie, and not a deleted scene.

Elijah Price: It's a classic depiction of good versus evil. Notice the square jaw of Slayer - common in most comic book heroes. And the slightly disproportionate size of Jaguaro's body to his head. This again is common, but only in villains... The thing to notice about this piece... The thing that makes it very, very special... is its realistic depiction of its figures. When the characters eventually made it into the magazine they were exaggerated... as always happens. This is vintage.
Businessman: Wrap it up.
Elijah Price: You've made a considerably wise decision.
Businessman: My kid's gonna go berserk.
(Elijah stops dead in his tracks)
Elijah Price: Once again please?
Businessman: My son Jeb. It's a gift for him.
Elijah Price: How old is -- Jeb?
Businessman: Four.
Elijah Price: No. No, no, no, no, no. You need to go now.
Businessman: What did I say?
Elijah Price: Do you see any Teletubbies around here? Do you see a slender plastic tag clipped to my shirt with my name printed on it? Do you see a little Asian child with a blank expression sitting outside in a mechanical helicopter that shakes when you put quarters in it? No? Well that's what you see at a toy store. And you must think this is a toy store, 'cause you're in here shopping for an infant named Jeb. Now one of us has made a gross error and wasted the other person's valuable time. This is an art gallery my friend. And THIS is a piece of art.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Runoir posted:

I saw a movie about six years ago that I'd like to see again, unfortunately I never got the title. I believe the movie was about monks coming to the United States to find the replacement for the Dalai Lama. The monks find one (or maybe more) children born near the time of the Dalai Lama's death and have to figure out if they have the right person.

Little Buddha?

Runoir posted:

And, more obscurely, I saw a made for TV movie on UPN a long time ago 10+ years. In the future, a female singer is invited to preform at a nightclub. Performers are plugged into a machine that projects their thoughts and turns the inside of the nightclub into whatever setting the performer wants. Twist: The technology for the nightclub is military, and something evil lives in the program and kills performers while they are in the machine. Also, the lead character sings a song called Holly by Repiblica during the movie.

Google search "Holly Republica movie" tells me: The Cyberstalking

FitFortDanga fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 21, 2008

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Leperflesh posted:

I rented on VHS a movie some time in the mid to late 90s. Got it from Le Video in San Francisco, which had its own cult movies section, with loads of obscure stuff, so no idea if this is super-obscure or not.

There was one guy who only ate packets of condiments, and it's about young people in kind of an abandoned urban environment. That's all I remember about it, but I asked my friend and he says

"the guy was a hacker and his "computer" looked like an amiga box without the monitor. when he was using his computer, it added an overlay to his sight so he could walk around while hacking. he gets poisoned at some point and decides to go out with a bang so he buys enough drugs to O.D. on. Apparently the drugs he took cures him of the poison. Uh... Other then that I don't remember too much. I think one of the bad guys had an uzi."

Hopefully he's thinking of the same movie I am. Any ideas?

Your movie sounds like Suburbia (by Penelope Spheeris, not Richard Linklater). But that doesn't fit your friend's description at all.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Orientek posted:

Second:
Also at a theatre in the early 2000's. Set in some preppy OC-esque place. Plot twists with murders and stuff as well. Ending was a thrilling scene in some run-down lighthouse or something like that.

Murder by Numbers? (terrible movie)

Orientek posted:

This one is the most vague of the lot. Watched it as an inflight movie back in June '97 (they were showing Fargo on that flight as well, so probably around the same timeframe). Graphic lesbian scene, some shot with a car after that scene. Thats all I can remember from it.

What the hell kind of airline is showing Fargo and graphic lesbian scenes for their inflight movies?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Riptor posted:

There's some animated movie, maybe a Pixar movie, where there are two creatures talking to one another. One is rambling on and on and the other is just saying in a frustrated/patronizing way "No, no no no no. No no no no no no". I just had that pop into my head and I have no idea what movie it's from

It sounds like something from Monsters Inc, or possibly the short Mike's New Car. Been a while since I've seen either though.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

areyoucontagious posted:

I saw this when I was a kid (probably 15 years ago) on TV, but the basic plot was this family's grandmother had died, and they talk to this dude who tells them that they can get a new grandmother, identical to their old one. There were two very distinct scenes, one in which the grandmother parachutes down to the ground to greet the kids and another where she fills up their orange juice from a spout that comes out of her finger. I'm sorry this isn't much to go on, but for some reason the juice popped into my head yesterday and it's been driving me nuts.

This sounds like the Bradbury story "I Sing the Body Electric", which was made into a Twilight Zone episode, and also a TV movie.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Anunnaki posted:

I haven't seen it, but rather it's a trailer of an upcoming movie that I can't remember the name of. I saw it a few weeks, or a few months ago, and googling 2008 release dates hasn't helped.

Anyway, it was a trailer, I think (not sure) it aired before The Forbidden Kingdom in theaters. It's a horror film of a family who buy a house in some secluded area with no neighbors. Then some group of guys without masks come in, take them hostage, etc., for no particular reason, other than just to gently caress with them. It looked really crazy, like a Clockwork Orange style crime, and it looked really intense.

I think the leader of the group had blond hair and white gloves, if I'm not mistaken, and liked to laugh a lot.

I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, and browsing titles in the 2008 release dates hasn't come up with anything. Anybody else see this trailer and remember the name?

The Strangers

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Venialblur posted:

It's NOT The Strangers - that involves people with masks.

it's the american remake of Funny Games
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808279/

Oops, I thought he said WITH masks, not without.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

A fairly recent Italian movie, like in the past decade. The protagonist is a mysterious man who lives in a hotel, it is eventually revealed that he has some connections to the mafia relating to stolen cars, or perhaps something being smuggled in the cars. He falls in love with a girl who somehow gets in trouble with the mafia, and he sacrifices his life to save her (he is dunked by a crane into a vat of cement). Details may be fuzzy, I fell asleep in the middle but always wanted to watch it again.

I already PM'ed the answer to you, but in case anyone else is wondering: The Consequences of Love.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

jidohanbaiki posted:

Anyway, I can't remember the name of this movie where some guy has an overactive pineal gland that pokes out of his forehead. I think we also get treated to an unfortunate full-frontal shot of him naked in a pool. It could have been late 80s, early 90s.
I remember it was a pretty terrible movie. I'd like to inflict it on someone else.

I thought this might be How to Get Ahead in Advertising, but I Googled "movie pineal gland forehead" and came up with From Beyond.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Lao Tsu posted:

After surgery I think I remember watching a movie with a kid who was travelling looking for parents or something and there was this other kid who was rich and a dick who was like conspiring against him. I'm not entirely sure if it exists since I was drugged up but now I'm curious.

My Own Private Idaho?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

BrandoButter posted:

There was this film I saw when I was really young. The only scene is remember is this girl getting chicken blood put on her by a voodoo guy with white face paint on and the whole time she is screaming.

I haven't seen it for a while now, but I'm pretty sure there's a scene like this in Angel Heart. It could also possibly be The Serpent and the Rainbow.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Soapy Joe posted:

Saw this in the later nineties on Bravo! in the middle of the night. It was animated, but it was not for children. However, the animation was highly stylized and sometimes childish. It was not anime. The main characters were teenagers and I think it was set in the 50s in a major city in north America (most likely the states, but I can't be sure). I started watching halfway through.

One of the guys was your typical quiet, mysterious tall dark and handsome type, but for the life of me I don't remember the specifics of what he looked like. I think his name was Junior. The girl who I think was his love interest had big dough eyes and black hair. She was dressed in black pedal pushers (I think) and a black and white striped shirt. She had a slightly unreal hourglass figure and she was very shy and seemed innocent, as I recall.

Then there was this couple. The guys name was Crazy. He had curly red hair and big comical teeth. I don't remember the girls name but she was a bit fat and was wearing a dress with (I think) a few pettycoats. At one point all four of these characters were in a car and they had just got a lot of burgers at a drive in or something so the car was full of them in classic cartoon style. The burgers were filling all the space in the car. The kids were up to there chests in burgers. In the scene Crazy dove under the burgers like he was gonna gorge on them and came up chewing on the fat girls pink panties.

I think they were in some trouble with the law or something. As I recall, the chief of police was also Crazys father. At the climax Crazy took a bunch of drugs and had a bad trip. He ended up jumping off the roof of a building and landing on the police chief, killing them both.

The final scene in the film takes place years later. The dough-eyes girl is now older, uglier, fatter, shorter, and far more bitter than she was in her youth. She's wearing the same clothes but they are now far less flattering. She's in a bar, drunk, angry and hardened, raving about something. Junior walks in and it's apparent they haven't seen each other in years. She falls into his arms crying and it's fades into the credits.

Probably Hey Good Lookin'

e;f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Diligent Deadite posted:

About ten years ago I caught a few minutes of a movie on Bravo while channel surfing. The movie looked like it was already about ten years old at this point, so I'd reckon it's from 1985-1990.

The scene in question had a man running up a brightly lit, well maintained staircase in a hotel or mansion. Intercut with this was a woman on a bed, gasping orgasmically but turning into a deflated puppety flesh-blob. There were sparks flying around her similar to the lightning effect in the Highlander movies. The setting and body-transformation makes me think it MIGHT be Society but I've never had teh chance to see it and check, and I get the impression Society would be darker. This seemed like a goofy Horror-Comedy more than a satirical take of the genre. Any ideas?

I want to say Zulawski's Possession but I'm not sure.