Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
cinematographer was showing clips and I forgot to ask him

one was a nun walking outside a monastery in the day (dusk?) that's a tracking shot and then she starts ringing a bell, lady (who i dont think is a nun) exits the church looking real crazy like (think she had brunette/black hair and a vibrant dress, like red) and approaches nun. Clip cut off from there. Bell was cliffside though

want to say it was from the 60-70s

okay i might have just solved it myself since I remembered he mentioned Michael Powell

Black Narcissus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

am i crazy or was there a bond movie where he's trapped underneath the boosters of a rocket and has to escape before countdown?

dont tell me to google it cuz gently caress u

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

80s/90s movie, might be one of the Kickboxers, action hero comes in kicking rear end, I think he's at a fetish/sex club and one of the guys hanging out (not even a henchmen, but like a rich sub pig) is a masochist and grabs the main guy's legs and begs him to "hit me! hit me!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's no 80's kickboxing movie, but Irreversable?

naw

y'all been stumped again

STUMPED

what do I win

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Are you totally sure? I just watched the scene again and the guy the main character is interrogating in the sex club is begging to be hit and fisted.

Yeah. Definitely 80s early 90s cheesefest. You never mistake that for a gaspar noe movie

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

PurpleXVI posted:

poo poo, I think this may be it. Thanks.

I completely ignored it when it popped up in my search results because I, too, thought it was associated with the Friday the 13th movies.

Not the one I was thinking of, but definitely a good miniseries that I'd recommend everyone give a watch.

I asked about a different episode in an old post and (Mesmer’s Bauble) because I had watched it on sci-fi as well

The answer poster got it just by plugging in keywords into IMDb

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

TIL Total Recall had a show

Skyscraper posted:

That's pretty wild, is it any good?

I asked for an ID on Mesmer's Bauble as I hadn't finished it when I saw it as a teen. It was pretty good, very 90s tv schlock with some good psycho drama. Not the most...trans friendly?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

open question: I'm trying to find cartoon scenes where the character juggles object in a circular ferris wheel pattern as opposed to a....adobe acrobat logo? I don't even know what it's called

Anyway I found one on youtube of pluto from a mickey show though I vaguely recall it happening in looney tunes with increasingly heavy/large/dangerous objects. Pretty sure that's where I got the idea

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Origami Dali posted:

Now I want a Do Androids Dream of Electric show. But, you know, about a guy who runs medical scalpels.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

what dat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

there was a movie from maybe the 90s where people are trapped in a mall and some robots are attacking them (they kinda looked like ripoff HKs from terminator)
i dont remember anything else about the movie. thanks

ch

Origami Dali posted:

chopping mall

fucker