Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Detective Thompson posted:

I think I saw this in the early to mid 90s. It was one of those crazy women movies from that era. There's a scene were these people are having a bake sale, and some people buy these cookies. But the crazy lady in the movie put glass in the cookies, and I remember specifically one girl biting into them and blood pouring out of her mouth. I'm sure a few others got cut up, too. The bake sale was either being held by a rival company to the one the crazy woman worked at, or by her own company and she was trying to screw over some people that worked there because of sexual rebuff or some stuff like that. I think the crazy woman was a secretary for an important person in the company.

The Temp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Megabound posted:

I remember watching this movie on SBS about 10 years ago. The movie follows a detective who's hired to figure out why peoples heads are exploding, as it turns out everyone who has suffered this "Head-explode-itis" has previously had a brain tumor and their doctor had been putting worms in their head which didn't stop growing/exploded.

The personal climax for the detective is when he goes to a bar he frequents and finishes a whole jar of tequila worms from bottles he'd finished previously.

You think I'd have an easier time finding this movie with all the details I think I have.

E: It could be foreign language but I don't think it is...

The Roly Poly Man.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

SkunkDuster posted:

I have part of a line of dialogue from a movie and I can't remember what the line is, or which movie it is from. I think it is something The Schofield Kid says in Unforgiven, but am not sure.

"I was just there, and I didn't see no goddamn [something]"

The Professional, maybe?

Leon: The Professional posted:

Mathilda: You don't have a pig in your kitchen.
Léon: Yes, I do.
Mathilda: I was just in there and I didn't see any goddamned pig.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
^^Sounds a lot like Northfork, though that was 2003.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Yoshimo posted:

I'll be greedy and post two.

1. I watched this really shockingly bad low budget horror on Rental VHS, back in about 2000/2001 or so. It had a bunch of teens having a house party. I think they were daring each other to do scary things, and then one of them disappeared up to the attic and put on an old woman mask and then started killing everyone. I really want to say it was called The Granny or something similar; I've checked out a few clips of another film called The Granny but that didn't appear to be it.

There's a DTV flick called "Granny" from 1999, which is a different film from the DTV flick "The Granny" from 1995.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Tom Yum posted:

Two movies I have extremely vague memories of from childhood:
1. A kids' animated movie where the protagonist is a little boy apprenticed to /maybe raised by some kind of gypsy fortune teller or magician type character. There's some kind of evil spirit that lives in a book or lamp or something, maybe possessing the fortune teller, and it freaked me the hell out when I was a kid. I think the kid may run away and and join the circus at some point, but he might already be in it from the beginning.

I'm pretty sure this is the first Care Bears movie.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

The Comna posted:

1. I saw this movie sometime between 1999 and 2002.
2. I saw it on TV, so it could be older than the time-frame I gave, or quite possibly a made-for-TV movie.
3. I have only a vague recollection of the plot. It involves a kid and his friend, who has a terminal disease, which I believe was AIDS. The only scene I can remember is a scene where they're playing a prank in the hospital by having the kid with the disease play dead and the healthy kid go and get a nurse, after which the sick boy scares the nurse . They do this about three times before something bad happens.

The Cure.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

codyclarke posted:

Indie movie from the late 90's, early 00's. Fairly dark sort of a road movie about two guys in their late twenties, one that's fairly meek and one that's way more eccentric and dangerous. Kind of a Brad Pitt/Edward Norton in Fight Club esque dynamic, but not as extreme. Also, both with dark hair. I think the eccentric guy had cancer or was going to die or something? And there was a love triangle with a girl at some point. It's not a very good movie, it's just on the tip of my tongue and I can't remember what the hell it's called. It definitely came out in that like, Jesus' Son era of indie movies.

Edit: Also, I remembered Jonathan Silverman being in it, but I checked his entire filmography and I couldn't find anything.

That's reminding me a lot of The Doom Generation.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There's a movie, I want to say it's a TV movie, but it's about a little black or hispanic kid living in the NYC subway tunnels and coming up by day to steal food or something. I wish I had more details but I remember loving that movie.

Runaway?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Auryn posted:

I am looking for the title of a movie I saw probably 10 years ago. It was a horror movie with I think a one word title.

It starts off with a kid in bed and it's stormy outside and I remember a branch scratching the window and also a clown doll in the kid's room. The scene ends with him getting pulled under the bed by something.

I don't think it was a Poltergeist movie, which has been suggested to me by other people I've described this to.

While the first 'Poltergeist' has a scene like this, this is also somewhat reminiscent of the opening scene to 'Clownhouse'.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

De Nomolos posted:

The vague memories of a movie trailer seen in my youth popped into my head recently. What I remember:

- it was definitely a comedy
- it involved some sort of demented/possessed/insane/whatever tv network(s) or programs
- there was a scene of a workout show where the woman leading the workout says something to the effect of "let's spin all the way around now!" and her head spins all the way around
- it was in the late 80s or early 90s when I saw this, so it was definitely not Shock Treatment

Stay Tuned.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

itskage posted:

There is some movie where there is a quick Silence of the Lambs parody. It's like two guys are talking about a girl and one of them goes "I'd like to eat her liver with a glass of wine and some fava beans" and they both start making the mouth sucking noise.

I am having thoughts along the lines of Wayne's world or another Mike Myers movie.

Dumb and Dumber.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

simplefish posted:

What's the film where (iirc) the parents/mother are dead and the brother/dad works 2 jobs at night, and always leaves a paper crane or something on the little boy's bedside table to let the boy know he looked in on him between his 2 nihht jobs. The working brother/dad basically never sees the kid so it's a really important bond between them. I think maybe one nught he can't make it home and it's a really big deal.

This also could be a book or an anime, I'm not sure.

This might be a flashback in the TV show "Prison Break".

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

simplefish posted:

Baseball player from the Dominican Republic...

Sugar.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Ibsen posted:

There's a movie where towards the end, as some kind of act of come uppance or show superiority, in a setting like Central Park, one man pisses on another man.

For some reason I think of a slick character like Dennis Hopper or Christopher Walken doing it. Or was it Michael Douglas in Wall Street?

I don't know the answer, but if you can stomach the insanity that had to go into this, you can consult the Pee Movie List (:nws:, probably). Behold the :stare:.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Hannibal Rex posted:

Nope. I saw it in the mid- or late nineties, before Thirteen Ghosts even came out, and the guys was definitely much younger than F. Murray Abraham.

Some of the details of your movie are pretty similar to "The Redeemer" (aka "Class Reunion Massacre"). But that was from the 70's.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

CougarsWrath posted:

I'm looking for a horror movie I saw a bit of back in the mid 80's, possibly early 90's on vhs. Something about a possessed/dimension-portal type house with people trapped inside, and the house was bigger on the inside with monsters running around? I've been looking for it for years, and google hasn't been any help yet. It was in color, and here's what I can remember:

-Some old lady being trapped by an Evil Doctor type guy, strapped to a bed and having her blood drained through what looked like a giant crazy straw of clear tubing and maybe a blender, possibly with a bunch of b-movie blinking lights "control panels".

-Our mid-20's, early 30's hero trying to find her and calling his buddy for help, I think maybe his buddy comes screeching up to the house in his pickup truck?

-A scene where the two heroes plan their assault on the house and decide to split up. I think one guy has a pistol or knife, and the other definitely has a lit welding torch and helmet to match. After they decide to split up torch-guy flips down his welding mask and they turn back-to-back and walk offscreen, one left, one right. Pretty sure there's at least one other scene with torch-guy refueling or relighting or otherwise dicking around with his torch, too.

-Now we're somewhere in a dark cave or underground ruins or something? One of the guys gets into a fight with some giant spiky-looking black knight... thing, and is getting his rear end kicked. He gets knocked down, and finds a sword laying on the ground. He grabs it and gets back up, and is waving it around going "yeah that's right, you're scared aren't ya, now I'm gonna kick your rear end" etc. The Bad Guy turns around and grabs a handle sticking out of a chunk of stone, and pulls out a giant chainsaw sword and revs it up, spitting sparks everywhere.

-I'm like 9 years old and scared so I don't watch anymore, but I'm pretty sure there was a bunch of screaming and chainsaw noises at this point!

Phantasm II.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

I'm trying to remember where a certain scene comes from. I know I've seen the movie several times, but can't recall it. I would have seen it probably in the early to mid 90s. The part I'm thinking of has a group gathered around a table, either a family or a couple and some of their friends. There's a turkey on the table, and one of them goes to carve it, but as soon as they start to cut it, the turkey splits in half. It was overcooked or something, and is super dry inside. I seem to recall the meat inside looking kinda of like a spiderweb as the turkey split apart.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

PumpkinBat posted:

Now this is a somewhat old movie, possibly made for TV.

I saw it at some point in the 90's, although the movie itself may be older. As a child, I remember watching a scene on TV that showed a woman squeezing her finger, shooting out blood into a container and the camera pans to show multiple containers full of blood. The tone of the movie was darkly humorous I guess.

Anyway, after filling up the last container she asks if this is enough blood, and her female companion seems unsatisfied with the results. Anyway, a guy comes in, they talk a bit, then the camera shows eyes slowly emerging from the blood. A huge hairy monster comes out of the blood, says something in a squeaky voice, then leaves.

I know this is very vague (I don't even remember what the monster looks like) but any guesses would be appreciated. After all these years I'd like to know the context of that scene.

Blood Diner?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Flux Equals Rad posted:

Saw a movie with the sound turned off in a bar this past summer. All I remember is that it was an Asian movie, looked like maybe early 2000s-ish, in which a guy is hypnotized before an audience into thinking that he's a bird. But then the hypnotist can't get him to snap out of it. There was some other crazy stuff going on, too, so I'd really like to see this movie in a more appropriate movie-watching setting!

Survive Style 5+.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

penismightier posted:

I think that's Dark Night of the Scarecrow.

Seconding maybe this, but the specifics don't exactly gel. If it isn't that, then it might be just "Scarecrows" (1988). Either way, both are decent flicks.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Slim Killington posted:

I'm looking for 70s-80s era movies with night-time explosions. Preferably, a house exploding. Think Lethal Weapon house explosion, only not in the middle of the day.

So far all I can think of are The Thing and First Blood, neither of which are houses, but they'll work in a pinch. Any ideas?

vvv Yeah 90s is cool too.

I seem to remember Friday the 13th VII: The New Blood having a pretty gnarly house explosion at night, towards the end.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Droid Washington posted:

Somewhere between like 1998 and 2005 (give or take) I saw a movie about some priests who were on some sort of mission. I remember it was really dark, and at one point a priest (maybe two) goes to visit some satanist or something, and there's people being tortured and crucified along the walls at this place as the priest heads through to find the leader. I think I saw this on HBO late one night.

It wasn't Constantine and it wasn't Priest.

This tickles the memory banks concerning the movie "Resurrection" with Christopher Lambert. It's an extremely poor man's "Se7en". David Cronenberg plays a priest, though, so that's something. Your description is also vaguely reminiscent of "Strangeland", another piece of crap. Neither of these have a priest as the lead, though, only minor characters. I also remember "The Apostate" with Dennis Hopper coming out roughly around the same time as these, featuring yet another tired serial killer plot, though the lead in this one is a priest.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Runcible Cat posted:

Anyone know where the driving cat section in this gif's from?

It's from SNL, and was the first google result for 'driving cat'.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Nope. :( I feel like maybe he's played a used car salesman at some point too. It's a long-shot I know...

Pat Buttram?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Doctor Soup posted:

There's this black and white surrealist movie I forget the name of, I think it's French. In it, this guy goes through a mirror and dies or something, then he wakes up but he's got these huge fake eyes plastered over his eyes. I have vivid memories of that part, but I can't for the life of me find the movie. Anyone know what it might be?

This sounds like a mixture of "Orpheus" (the mirror) and "Les Diaboliques" (the eyes).

Origami Dali fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 13, 2014

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

I'm trying to remember a scene where a man and a little girl are travelling, and they meet redneck mechanic with a shirt that says "Roy" (I think it was Roy). The man says, "Say hello to Roy", and the redneck says "My name's not Roy, Roy is my brother. I killed him." The kid asks, "why did you kill him?" "I needed a clean shirt."

Does anyone know what movie I'm thinking of? I would have seen it as a kid, probably over ten years ago.

A Simple Wish.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Pentaro posted:

And in case TV shows are kosher,
- A late nineties/early 2000's sitcom about a kid who lives with his older cousin because his parents divorced or something like that. The cousin is implied to suffer from some kind of behavioral disorder, and enjoyed wrestling and collecting people's hair in jars. :wtc:

I trust your knowledge, goons!

This is "Tucker".

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

I watched Shocker tonight, and there were some things that I thought happened in that movie but didn't end up being in it. I seem to recall another movie where the electricity itself is living, maybe taking on the look of a small demon or animal. Feels like an 80s movie to me. Anything like that?

You might be thinking of Gremlins 2, which features an electric gremlin.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Don't forget Shakma.

It probably isn't Shakma.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I'm pretty sure the only way Craven and Cunningham could afford sleazemeister David Hess was to agree to let him use those songs on the soundtrack. That Sadie and Krug track is just the worst.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

SkunkDuster posted:

Now that I think about it, the hand was like a "key" that fit into a three fingered "lock" carved out of stone to do something significant. Jesus, I am going to feel dumb when somebody posts it because it is not at all an obscure movie.
That drawing and this description makes me thinks it's either "House" (not Hausu), or one of it's sequels.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

moths posted:

Ok it's like 1982 - 84 on Nickelodeon and there's a spooky house with a red dot. The dot represented a girl ghost who maybe died in a fire?

That sounds a lot like "Red Room Riddle", a 1983 ABC Weekend Special movie. I know this because it was the answer to one of my longstanding requests in this thread.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Freakazoid_ posted:

Another fuzzy memory surfaced. I thought it was originally an episode from the '95-'02 run of The Outer Limits, but I checked the episode synopses and didn't find it.

It's yet another horror thing from the 90's. A small group of people are at this house and either people are disappearing or having their limbs go missing for no reason. The twist is they're being lured and trapped by monsters/aliens, placing them in a coma where reality blends with their dreams so well it's like nothing happened. They live their lives unaware the creatures are sawing off their arms and legs to eat the marrow while they're still alive. The last surviving woman discovers the ruse and believes she finally escaped their grasp, only to find that her escape was also an illusion and all she can do is maniacally laugh as she's being eaten alive.

Sounds a bit like From Beyond.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Neo Rasa posted:

I think this was a made for tv movie. A father and son are reunited after reasons and they get along great. But while they go out fishing on the dad's boat some malfunction requires them to land at an unknown island. Here they're abducted by an entire society of people that have been living like pirates from the 1700s forever (the film takes place in contemporary times and was likely made around 1992~1995).

At one point one of the female pirates inexplicably falls in love with the dad and seduces him. This causes the pirates to torture her by putting poisonous jellyfish on her.

The only other scene I remember is when the pirates tie up the dad and make him hold out a fruit which they made the kid try to shoot out of his hands with a blunderbuss.

The whole thing was really weird, like it was like an attempt at a kid friendly take on the cannibal and stereotypical jungle savage Italian flicks of the late 70s and 80s.

The Island (1980)

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Relin posted:

some movie about a gravedigger and his mentally challenged compatriot who only says mya? and at the end the protagonist says mya?

Cemetery Man (aka Dellamorte Dellamore). Great loving movie.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Years ago I saw a video that consisted of shots from an Eastern European or Polish sci-fi movie, possibly unfinished or unreleased, set against a very intense soundtrack—an entire album, I think. The movie seemed to be about astronauts stranded on a primitive planet. Lots of frightening, disorienting shots of ritual cavorting on a gray beach. Sound familiar to anyone?

Sounds like Zulawski's "On The Silver Globe".

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Also try any of the Media Blasters releases under their old Tokyo Shock line, which also released Versus.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Homer J. Fong posted:

Ok a real long shot here if anyone can identify this one. This movie was probably the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. I watched it on Netflix in early to mid 2011 but I have no idea if it is on Netflix anymore. From what I can remember it was just a bunch of 20 somethings living in a smallish apartment whining about things for the entire movie. It had no discernible plot from what I remember (other than growing up/living on your own/trying to make it in life). I maybe remember a scene where they were just like lying on the floor or bed whining about nothing. The movie seemed to drag on forever. It was probably an independent movie and likely had a low rating on Netflix. It was probably made between 2005-2011 but I can't be 100% sure. Sorry for the poor description, if I think of anything else I'll add it later.

I haven't seen it, but this is pretty much every description I've heard for Tiny Furniture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

david_a posted:

Darkman basically is a fever dream so no wonder you were doubting it was real.

This scene never gets old, holy poo poo.