Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Inland Empire also has the blurring of lines between a movie and reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

SkunkDuster posted:

There is a young man and young lady (maybe teens) on a train in a city. When the camera is looking at the girl from the boy's point of view, the bokeh effect on the lights in the background of the girl is in the shape of hearts. When she looks at him, her point of view shows the bokeh effect as Xs. They talk for a bit and eventually it is hearts for both of them.

Second movie is just a clip I saw that has two people in some ridiculous motorcycle jousting battle where they are doing over the top stunts and the whole thing just makes you roll your eyes at how bad it is. Also, there is a LOT of product placement for either Pepsi or Mountain Dew.

I've never seen it, but maybe Boyz N the Hood?

Second one is Torque.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I heard that too. I don't watch much new stuff, so I want to say it was in the first couple eps of the new True Detective.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

MachineryNoise posted:

Does anyone recognize what movie this Enzo Sciotti piece could be for?

Sciotti is so prolific, this is gonna be tough. He's done art for pretty much everything, movies, books, albums, fumetto erotica and action comics, advertisements, etc, so it may be from a book.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

MachineryNoise posted:

It turns out you're both right! Sean Young is both of those women, and the man is Edward James Olmos. Thanks to you guys, I took a look through Young's filmography and figured out the poster's movie: an obscure 90s thriller called Mirage.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113827/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBQ41XeJON8

i can see why they didn't use this

and instead went with this

:shuckyes:

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
If a terrible American anime goth auteur exists, I can't believe I don't know about it.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Origami Dali posted:

This one is for a friend. She says it's likely 80's horror. A family is driving on a dark road at night and is blocked by a tree in the road. They go to a nearby motel. The clerk is a woman who had spiderwebs in her hair. This next bit she thinks might be from the same movie, or maybe another one: there are tunnels to each room that the owners of the motel had dug behind the bathroom mirrors, which they would use to enter the rooms and kill the occupants.

This turned out to be a very misremembered Mountaintop Motel Massacre.

Origami Dali fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 22, 2019

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
See, that's what I thought too. But nothing really matches besides a family's car gets stuck.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Jfc, it better not be a really misremembered Nothing But Trouble.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
No dice on NBT, thankfully. It's probably some obscure episode of Monsters or the 80's Twilight Zone, or who knows what.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It's definitely early 90's at the latest. She's already been through a list of movies featured on USA Up All Night and Monstervision trying to narrow it down.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Nope, this was less camp and sci fi, more action horror. It felt like a knockoff of Predator. I think the monster had like green eyes? Also, the more I think on it, the tentacles/worms and black monster may have been different movies in the same series. The title may have started with "S".

Watchers III ?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

hexwren posted:

I'd google for this myself, but the cell reception in this restaurant is annoying me, and hopefully one post will go through where various searches haven't.

So this movie is being shown on mlb network right now apparently. Why, I have no idea. I think it's Clint Eastwood starring in the thing, but he's only on screen half the time. He got in a car accident earlier. There was a phone conversation about the Boston Red Sox. A young woman went out white people dancing to a fiddle band. I have no idea what this is or why it is.

Trouble with the Curve

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

meatpath posted:

B-movie, horror, I’m guessing from the mid to late 80s, possibly early 90s, but it had an 80s night city vibe to it. Involved vampires. I remember one of the main characters being either a scientist or a science major in college, because part of the resolution was him doing something in a lab/computer lab, he was young white and I think he wore glasses. I bought the film because it looked like a terrible funny b-film, but it ended up being pretty good.

Sounds a bit like My Best Friend is a Vampire, but I don't remember a science solution.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Is it a recent movie? Because it sounds a bit like that Bruce Willis Westworld clone from a few years back, called Vice.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I love that movie. poo poo gets weird.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Even as a child who loved Arnold movies, I could never get through Raw Deal. And for some reason, the broadcast version had interpolated frames or something, so it always had that soap opera shot on video look.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Happy_Cat posted:

Hey hoping someone can help me out, me and my friend were talking about a movie neither of us can quite remember. Some plot points:

- Some guys are after a girl and some dude tries to her protect her from them. Turns out at the end they are all part of the same cult(?) and they want to sacrifice the dude.
- They use a ring of salt in a grimy apartment at some point.
- Was likely made in the late 80's early 90's.

Any thoughts are much appreciated, this is driving us both insane.

Spellbinder.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

beer pal posted:

Trying to remember the name of a horror movie. The name is extremely generic, it's set in the UK or Ireland, it's about a young couple who are going to a B&B in the countryside but they get lost in labyrinthine narrow roads with high hedges and then it turns out some sadist guy is messing with them & moving the roadsigns

In Fear?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

sigher posted:

There was a horror film I remember watching where some artist couple or something lived in one of those weird-rear end studio apartment with a big-rear end cargo elevator in the middle of it which it how they usually got to their flat. There was some sort of "darkness" that had these creatures in them that would crawl on the ceiling to try and kill them. I remember the creatures looking kinda cool but I can't remember gently caress all else about the film. I remember the location of the apartment more than anything else and want to say it mostly took place in there.

Darkness Falls, probably.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Or the USA made for TV movie "Wheels of Terror", which is basically "Duel" with a pedophile car.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

JacquelineDempsey posted:

My husband is struggling to remember a film he heard about and wants to watch. I figure if anyone can ID it, it'd be y'all.
70's style, but done recently, psycho-thriller, possibly set in a lab.
"Do you know who stars in it?"
"Nope."
That's what he's giving me to go on. Good luck, gumshoes!

Beyond the Black Rainbow

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Now I want a Blade Runner show. But, you know, good.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I really didn't like Altered Carbon. It was like Blade Runner if it were made by Paul WS Anderson.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Naked Gun 33 1/3, prob.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

banned from Starbucks posted:

there was a movie from maybe the 90s where people are trapped in a mall and some robots are attacking them (they kinda looked like ripoff HKs from terminator)
i dont remember anything else about the movie. thanks

chopping mall

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

plainswalker75 posted:

I've been trying to find a horror movie I remember flipping past on TV once; it was a woman alone in a haunted house or cabin on a large body of water (I think she leaves in a boat at one point?) and the conceit was that the audience could see the ghosts, but the woman couldn't (so there were like jump scares where the woman is walking around and there's just some random pale white-eyed dude in the corner watching her, or like he leans down and blows out her candle etc.). Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Sounds like every James Wan movie, Conjuring, Insidious, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Steve Yun posted:

Identify this: a (I think) Chuck Norris movie where he lives in an apartment that’s empty except for a couple chairs, and he fights mobsters who want to kick out some poor tenants and they kidnap a kid

Sounds a bit like The Hitman