Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

90s (?) Action/horror movie on like HBO or something. Sort of like Predator, with a commando team or something in a jungle, but there were like worms or tentacles coming out of the ground I think. I also think there was some black humanoid monster. Watched this as a kid and had nightmares for weeks.

Mutant Species?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRqUpFtSCXQ

Apologies for the lovely MST3K wannabe, but at least its the full movie for you to check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

That was my first guess (the request is from a friend of mine), but he thought it was a much older movie, possibly black & white. That said, he was also drunk.

Terence Hill (the actor here) does this a lot in his films.
So it could be one of his others. Heres the best one I think though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNOn63T56dg

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Just for fun, a friend of mine posted this on Facebook: Which iconic 80s movie features this house as the backdrop of its opening scene?

Is this the movie where the guy drives from his garage to the mail box, collects the mail, then drives back up?
Cant remember the name of this.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Thanks but thats not the one I mean.
The car only drives down the length of the front yard, 20 foot, he collects his mail, then drives back into the garage

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Wag the Dog?

Not sure, long time since I watched it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
I think Burt Lancaster uses the phrase 'Baby Doll' in 'Tough Guys'.
Will have to watch it later to see.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

your evil twin posted:

Not sure if this was a film or 2-part TV miniseries... It's American or Canadian, but I saw it on TV in the UK, on channel 5. It was either on TV in the late 90s, or it was the 2000s.

There's some kind of alien invasion happening, and random people in an American city suddenly get strange compulsions to do things and build things. (Not sure if they were under alien control, or if were actually the good guys, and they use the things they build to fight the aliens.)

The one bit I clearly remember is that there's a guy who stays home from work and starts dismantling his home electronics and turning it into stuff. He dismantles his CD player, and along with various other thingamajigs he's able to use the CD player's laser to build a pistol-sized disintegrating ray gun. I remember he shoots this red beam at some guy who is up against a chainlink fence in an ally, and it disintegrates him.

It's NOT Robin Cook's Invasion (1997), just had a quick look through that and none of the characters or situations look familiar and nobody builds laser guns out of CD players.

Raiders of the Living Dead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgDSOOcV-W8

Has a kid build a laser out of a Laser Disc player. But probably not it as its huge gun and you said a small one.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

bitterandtwisted posted:

A man inherits (?) a cinema and tries to make it a successful business.
There are two cinemas in the town and at first he thinks the new, successful one is his. He asks the doorman 'how's business?', to which he replies 'I wouldn't know sir, I mind my own'.
His cinema is old fashioned and staffed by cranky old people who dislike each other and each of them asks him to be rude to the others, but not fire them as they are the only ones who can do their respective jobs.

Possibly British, possibly from the 60s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smallest_Show_on_Earth

Maybe this?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

SiKboy posted:

Dis looks like someone being trapped in the phantom zone. I'd guess its from Smallville.

Yeah, end of season 5.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

codyclarke posted:

For the life of me I can't remember where this is from. Could be a TV show or a film:

A hippie chick is high and smiling and rubbing her hair and talking about a song or something, saying "it really sends me, man! It really SENDS me!" She's saying it in an almost orgasmic way.

I'm getting MST3K vibes from that. Could be totally wrong though.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Is there a movie, where there is a grand prize, and the last to survive wins the grand prize. There are challenges along the way. The participants are sitting at a table.

Very vague, could fit a lot of movies.
Like Clue? Or Surviving the Game?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Deadgirl?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

PurpleXVI posted:

I think the only movie I can remember where the villain is a car of any kind would be Maximum Overdrive.

Duel could be considered as one, as you never see the driver.
And who can forget Killdozer*.

*Me until I googled it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Wanderer posted:

I saw a movie in the early to mid-2000s that I think was relatively new at the time, which was a version of Romeo and Juliet, where one of the title characters was Japanese, the other was a Brazilian immigrant to Japan, and the whole thing was written against the backdrop of the acrimonious relationship between Japan and its immigrant populations.

Does that sound at all familiar to anyone? Google's been remarkably unhelpful.

Was it a musical?