Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

BaseballChica03 posted:

I posted this in the GBS thread, but like every other time in my life that I mention this movie, people have never heard of it.

Please help, so that I can stop thinking that I'm crazy.

I don't remember the leaf, but Canadian, parallel world, Muppety things rings a very faint bell. I'm thinking it's a series, actually. I can't even swear I saw something like this, I just get a weird nostalgic feeling when I read what you wrote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

BaseballChica03 posted:

This gives me hope that I wasn't just imagining things, as un-concrete as your answer is. Sweet!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, I think I found it! It could be either the series Blizzard Island, or the film The Argon Quest, which came out of the series. According to IMDB:

Wow! I was about 60% sure I was completely bullshitting when I said I remembered this, but now that I read it I definitely remember a witch named Sidney and "Uncle Eggbert". That was buried very, very deep in my memory.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Huh? That sounds absolutely nothing like Dark City. There's no time travel, no government, and no comedy. The only thing they have in common are aliens.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Maximus8198 posted:

In addition, I believe that the main character's name was in the movie's title.

Ooh, I got it! Is it Buck Rogers in the 25th Century?

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

azthth posted:

The other movie is newer and is foreign, dutch maybe, and is about this kitchen company which is researching male habits in the kitchen. They send employee's to this remote frozen town to sit watch in single men's kitchen all the day long and write down what happens. Their disallowed to get close to their subjects to remain objective. Many of the employee's end up breaking this rule and I think the whole questions the validity of any notion of objectivity since as humans you naturally bring along human feelings and ideas or something.

Kitchen Stories

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Maximus8198 posted:

Nope. It was definitely more recent that Buck Rogers.

Josh Kirby... Time Warrior: Chapter 6, Last Battle for the Universe?

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Eris Is Goddess posted:

Lurk more 2: The Lurkmorening.

I actually thought that was a legitimate question, and I was gonna suggest Leslie Nielsen's "Wrongfully Accused". Independence Day is entirely the wrong genre, but when has that ever stopped Leslie Nielsen?

I'm far too trusting.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

The ridiculously complete trivia list at http://www.snpp.com/episodes/9F10.html has nothing. I think the look was just made up to seem eerie. (It always reminded me of The Omega Man in tone.)

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

bleearg posted:

I've got one. I don't remember too much about it, other than I saw it back in the 80s. It's about a family living in a house and weird "stuff" is happening. I can't really comment on the weird "stuff" other than at one point, there is green slime that fills the house. At the end, a twist worth of M. Night himself reveals that the family is actually a group of toys in some kid's playhouse.

I'm pretty sure that ending was in an episode of The Twilight Zone (not to say that some movie didn't rip it off).

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

The Iron Giant posted:

My mind is not clear on the resolution of the story. This is all I can remember from the dream.

I remember reading this story in an anthology. I believe it's by Ray Bradbury, which means it was probably adapted for TV or a movie at some point.

EDIT: I'm wrong, the story I was thinking of was called "Private - Keep Out!", it's by Philip MacDonald, and it's only vaguely similar to what you described.

JoeNotCharles fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 15, 2007

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Undersold posted:

This will sound pretty vague and I apologise in advance. Anyway this was something I think I saw on Nickolodeon when I was about 9 or so.

And what year was that, then?

quote:

It was a fantasy setting and the main hero was a young kid. At the very end of the movie he's fighting this giant floating head. It has a long white beard and I it was kind of scary to me as a kid. (the giant head might have been his father?) When he defeats it I think he's holding or looking at it's heart and it's mentioned that it's heart is either cold or hard. I saw it like 2 or 3 times as a kid then it just disappeared. Please tell me someone else saw this thing.

imdb's keyword list for "flying head" is pretty disappointing.

vvv Heh, I skipped over that one because I was only looking at the English titles.

JoeNotCharles fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 8, 2007

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Amarcarts posted:

Alright I have two I can't remember from when I was much younger:

1. I only remember the image of this dude sitting and twirling these three glass balls in one hand.

If the dude was David Bowie with a crazy 80's wig, it's Labyrinth.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Henmania posted:

I think this might not be a movie at all, but an advert for Mercedes. It was in the style of a movie trailer (fooling a lot of people) and starred Benicio Del Toro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4A3lvKuJCo

That's really weird because the voiceover guy sounds so different from the standard movie trailer guys.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

EdRush posted:

A movie from the late eighties/early ninties with a kid who goes on a spaceship shaped like the Dairy Queen logo, red and grooved (the ship has grooves in it). On the ship there is this eye-creature (maybe it controls the ship), freaked me out as a kid. They also keep little animals or furry things on the ship? I want to say it's called "The Traveller" or "The Visitor" or something but I really have no idea.

Flight of the Navigator

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

Now for my ID: so I caught the last leg of this movie, basically there's a flashback sequence where a woman is at a soiree with a masked don juan type who she sorta falls for. Later in present day masked don juan turns out to be a badly scarred (facial burns and so forth) psycopath. He kidnaps her and takes her on a boat ride down a river, sending our good guy down another boat which explodes (though good guy gets off in time). She doesn't know this and freaks out, psycho asks her to marry him and she feins interest but then gives him like a gently caress-off slap. Now he's into "I will have you by force!" mode but good guy shows up in time to shoot him with a flare gun. It was a tv version so i think they cut out him actually getting shot

This sounds like a hilarious action parody of Phantom of the Opera, to me. Not saying it is, I just think it's funny.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

nemesis_hub posted:

-a central part of the movie seems to be some kind of communication between the crew of the ship and people elsewhere, possibly earth, about an impending disaster. the ship is on some kind of mission vital to stopping the sun eploding/a black hole/some kind of cosmic disaster

-another significant portion of the movie takes place on a planet, with people from the ship interacting with people on the planet. The ship people are either fighting with or trying to convince the people on the planet to help them in some way. The people on the planet are sort of wild and uncivilized, and the sets on the planet look vaguely like industrial/construction sites.

This makes me think Earthstar Voyager, although I don't remember it being that muted or gray. I can't find any screen shots, unfortunately.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

nemesis_hub posted:

Oh wow, after looking it up, I think this might actually be the one. Thanks! Now I just have to track down a copy...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind watching it again either...

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

dubdrome711 posted:

The only thing I remember about it (as I just briefly caught it before classes one day) was that it contained Bill Murray in Soviet Russia. For the life of me I havent been able to find out what this film is.

You might be thinking of The Man Who Knew Too Little, a spy spoof which ended with a banquet for Russian dignataries with lots of Russian dancing and costumes.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

ShadowMan024 posted:

Been trying to find out the title of this horror movie in which a baby rips through its mother's womb for years. Here's an image of the scene: please copy and paste url into your browser.

:siren: :nws: not work safe :nws: :siren:
http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/img516/1230/slasherbabyrp4.png

Thanks for your help!

That URL isn't working, but I think that's what happened at the end of Demon Seed.

EDIT: Why did I go and check a plot summary after I posted? Demon Seed doesn't involve anything like this. Also, why are you still using ImageShack?

JoeNotCharles fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 15, 2007

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Pretzellogic posted:

Some kind of 80s horror movie. Saw it when I was a kid, and unfortunately I only remember one scene: guy is in a forest, looking for a girl. He finds her walking slowly away from him, and calls to her. She turns and we see that half her face/neck is really torn up.

First thing that comes to mind about a guy looking for a girl in a forest is The Evil Dead, but I can't remember if that exact scene was in it.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

No, I don't remember anything special about the spaceship itself in that, it was mostly about the creature inside. "I don't remember if it was under the North Pole. Probably was [because] that's where they usually find them," tells me the interviewee was probably quite familiar with Thing From Another World and was making a joke about it.

IMDB keyword search for "gravity" doesn't get anything likely looking.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

And Solarbabies, although it's been a while since that one's come up.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Starscream posted:

That'll be Screamers. Decent sci-fi from a Phillip K. Dick story, starring RoboCop!

Screamers 2 is being made for TV right now, BTW. A friend of mine is working on it in Montreal.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

That reminds me - I saw this late at night in a hotel room when I was a kid (late 80's). A guy is in bed and a woman comes out of the washroom. I think she was wearing a silk robe and took it off, but she may have just been topless when she came out. Then she suddenly pulls out a pair of scissors and stabs him or snips him in the groin. Might have been a dream sequence.

It messed me up because it was the first time I'd ever seem boobs on TV and I was getting excited and then suddenly stabbing out of nowhere!

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

SneakySneaks posted:

Sounds a lot like The 4th Man.

Yep, that's it! This trailer shows bits of the scene.

Wow, I never would have guessed it was by a director I'd actually heard of, rather than just some random B movie.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

xcore posted:

1. The first is a picture of someone picking up a brown book, that looks like its covered in dirt and has a lump on the front. The shot is taken from over the left shoulder of a person (which i think was male). Someone gave me a clue and said "Think of horror movies that are about a book with things about demons and poo poo"

Definitely Evil Dead/Army of Darkness - the lump is a giveaway. If the shot is outside in a graveyard and the book is on a pedestal, it's Army of Darkness. I don't remember much about Evil Dead I and II so I don't know what the scene where they first picked up the book looked like.

xcore posted:

3. A picture of two priests looking at each other. One with mainly white robes with some read on it. They are standing in front of, from memory, was a stain glass window, or picture with a stain glass type window in it. One person is holding a bible. There is a small crucifix on the wall to the left of the window/picture of window. I have confirmed that it is either Omen or the Excorcist but i don't know which one.

Could be a sequel - Exorcist III pops up fairly often on lists of scary movies.

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Still gotta go with Frog Dreaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Beezle posted:

1. This is an old black and white sci-fi based around a small town where people get sucked underground by quicksand, though eventually turn up again. One girl returns with a bomb implanted in her head, which cannot be removed without killing her. It turns out to be the work of large-brained aliens living underground.

Invaders from Mars.

Congrats on being the first person I can recall to ask about the original 60's version - most people ask about the 80's remake.