Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Oh yes, I have been dying to find out what movie this was my whole life. When I was really little, I caught this movie on television and I loved it, and several years later when I was in middle school I went and rented every horror movie I could find that was close to the description I remembered to try to find that movie, but to no avail. I have since given up, but this had reignited my interest.

Somewhere towards the beginning of the movie, a group of people is standing outside a big old mansion or castle, I don't recall which, and there is a statue outside of it with words in another language. One person - a girl - is able to read it and it says something typically ominous and she says it's not a good idea to go into the house. Everyone else laughs at her and they go in. I don't remember why they were there, but their professor or some other adult figure was with them.

I then remember a scene where they are all at a big long table eating dinner, and their dog - yes, they brought a dog to a creepy ol' mansion - wanders over and finds a trap door in the floor somewhere. Being a dog and seeing the presumably wooden thing holding it closed, the dog decides it'd make an excellent toy for a game of fetch and take it. Unfortunately, this opens up the trap door and there's a brilliant white light and byebye doggie.

Cue to someone picking off all of the people one by one until in the end, there are only two left - a man and a woman. They are running through the house trying not to get killed by monsters when they find the trap door and go down into this massive room that's completely blinding white. There's a white creature down there that screams at them, and the sound is almost paralyzing and they can barely move. I don't recall how but they kill the creature and run away and the movie ends.

Anyone know what film this is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

zombieman posted:

The Evil:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077524/

O_O Oh my god, you are the best. Please have my babies.