Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helvetica Sucks
Aug 4, 2005
I've got a new brain.
I've been trying to figure this one out for years. It was a movie I watched during the library period in elementary school. I watched it during the mid/early 90s, but I think the movie seemed older. It was on Laserdisc I think.

Basically it was a movie that probably catered to librarians in that it was meant to teach the values of books in our society. It depicted a future society where books are banned, much like Fahrenheit 451. Alas, it isn't Fahrenehit 451. Basically it's a dystopian society where a bunch of rebel book lovers have some sort of command center, wherein they command a group of freedom fighters battling evil book haters across some industrial wasteland-type setting. It was cheesy as hell, I believe, and it seemed much longer than a regular feature film (although that might have something to do with it being as boring as poo poo).

Was anyone else subjected to this movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helvetica Sucks
Aug 4, 2005
I've got a new brain.

vertov posted:

I think I may have seen this as well. Was there a character named "Abacus", and did they all drive around in an old book-mobile? I think I had to watch something like that in library class back in grade school.

That sounds incredibly like the movie that I'm thinking of.