Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
This was on TV in the UK maybe five years ago, I didn't watch much of it but I remember this scene.

The setting was in some kind of hospital and a group of patients were pushing a bed down the halls and perhaps carrying it, the person on the bed was "conducting" Ode to Joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

El Graplurado posted:

Is that Mr. Jones? Just a guess, but i remember Ode To Joy being a big part of it.

Mine: May have been a silent movie. Probably a major one, but i can't fit this scene into any i can think of. A man is doing the chivalrous thing, laying his coat over puddles for a girl to walk over. He is distracted and lays his coat over a hole. Girl falls in hole. Help?

Thanks El Graplurado that sounds like it. Sorry I can't help you with yours, though it does sound familiar.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
I remember seeing what appeared to be an American 50s/60shome movie clip of a large fireball travelling horizontally with a great deal of smoke billowing out of it. The setting was in the desert and there were a number of cars pulled over to the side of the road and people standing by them watching the fireball speed past.

I am not sure if this was a genuine home movie or some fx for a film or documentary.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

P. Don't posted:

Okay, I've been dwelling on this for YEARS, and it's eating my brain away. Someone help please.

I remember watching this movie on TV, late one night, circa 1996-99 (we didn't have HBO so it must have been network TV or basic cable). The plot involved two bums - a younger white guy, and an older black guy who were trying to help each other and work their way up. The black guy was played by a demure, dignified sort of actor in the vein of Morgan Freeman, although I've imdb'd him and didn't recognize anything. All I recall is that it moved me to tears when the older bum went missing for a few days, and the young guy finally found him dead by some train tracks (I think).

I HAVE to know what movie this is. Any ideas?

Sounds like Danny Glover and Matt Dillon in The Saint of Fort Washington, quite a moving film.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

I saw a short bit of a movie on tv, I wanna say 80s. Basically it's like a Catholic school for boys (though the instructors look more like friars). One instructor who's pretty anal and wears glasses wants to know who did something, and he tells this nerdy fat guy to crawl around on the floor saying "to whom brother" or something. So main character (forget actor) is being questioned by instructor in front of everyone, and the instructor says like "I dislike corporal punishment but will use it blah blah" and hits the kids hands with a paddle to find out who did this thing. The kid then looks over at guy played by Matt Dillon who smirks at him so you know he's the one who did it. Main character doesn't want to snitch but he loses it and tackles Matt Dillon. Next scene Dillon and main character are made to sit in silence and Dillon says he was impressed that he held out. Later they are walking out of school and Dillon's like "forget about the fat kid let's hang out" and the main character is sorta reluctant but Dillon puts his arm over his shoulder

There was a film like this with Donald Sutherland as the head master, I don't know if that one had Matt Dillon in it but you could look up Sutherland on IMDB and see if any of his films ring a bell.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Horseface posted:

This is on the behalf of my mom, who may very well be crazy.

She swears up and down that this is a film starring Peter Sellers as a drama critic. However, I introduced her to the IMDB the other night and together we skimmed his entire filmography, and didn't find anything that matched her description. But there's still a good chance that it's a British film from the 60s/70s starring someone superficially similar to Peter Sellers even if it doesn't feature Sellers himself.

She can recount two scenes in particular:

1) "Sellers" comes downstairs to breakfast with his family, and upon leaving for work and kissing everyone goodbye, his daughter tells him to give her imaginary friend in the next seat over a kiss too. He does so, and then the daughter tells him that the friend was standing on her head.

2) "Sellers" is having an affair with a woman in his car, and they attempt to get it on but everything in the car that can go wrong does - i.e. windshield wipers go off, the horn gets honked, etc. etc.

She remembers it being one of the funniest movies she'd ever seen upon watching it in the theater back in the day, and really wants to see it again. So if anyone has an idea, it would be appreciated by both of us.

Sounds like Only two can play.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

JamesieAB posted:

I remember seeing what appeared to be an American 50s/60shome movie clip of a large fireball travelling horizontally with a great deal of smoke billowing out of it. The setting was in the desert and there were a number of cars pulled over to the side of the road and people standing by them watching the fireball speed past.

I am not sure if this was a genuine home movie or some fx for a film or documentary.

Bump.

I should add that this was filmed from the pov of the people at the side of the road and IIRC it was moving left to right beyond and above a mesa or mountains in the distance. It probably is FX as I am sure from what I remember it would be a well known piece of footage if it was real.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Happy Bear Suit posted:

This one has been killing me for years. This is old: at least 10 years ago. I probably saw it on TV. My memory is really fuzzy but it probably went like this:

It probably took place in England sometime in the WWII era. This guy goes off to war and hires his best friend to look after his wife while he's gone. After a while the wife and the dude get closer and more romantically involved. As they're about to make love the music gets more and more intense and as the guy removes the girl's clothing the music abruptly stops and the camera zooms into the crotch region of the girl, revealing a big flaccid cizzock.

Does any of this sound remotely familiar to anyone? Someone please give me something!

Not WW2 but could it be the Crying Game?

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Internet Gentleman posted:

Do you have any more details on this movie? In Hong Kong movies thats how the zombies move. European/North American zombies are the slow shambling ones, Asian zombies hop with their arms outstretched.

Mr. Vampire http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089371/ was pretty popular (spawning 5 or 6 sequels)

Is this the film where the characters being chased by the hopping vampires have to hold their breath so it can't find them?

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

And speaking of Vietnam, I saw this bad movie/tv movie in a High School English class about this ditzy blonde chick who wants to know more about her Vietnam vet dad (not sure if he died or survived). It has scenes of her reading his letters by a campfire and cuts to flashbacks of him as a young guy doing VO narration. She likes to jog a lot to Bruce Springsteen's "I'm on Fire" (really awkwardly) and later sleeps with some dude who's connected to her dad somehow

Emily Loyd in In Country perhaps?

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

bo_chrud posted:

2)This has very little info but these kids are in a town where people are starting to "turn" and the "turned" have these meetings where they eat something in bowls, like oatmeal with blood or something. One scene has a cop that gets mobbed and is changed.

The eating stuff from a bowl reminds me of Peter Jacksons Bad Taste.
As for strange meetings it could be Society.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Iznogood posted:

I got one! I keep looking up imdb and google for it and can never find anything. I watched it years ago on tv. It was a vietnam movie about two guys (black dude and white dude) and I have no idea what went on. But in the end they cant catch a chopper and it is implied that they die (both run in a river trying desperatly to catch there way out). I was 100% sure it was called "too young to die" but thats obviously not it.

Help?

It's a bit of a stretch but could it have been 84 Charlie Mopic?

There is a helicopter rescue at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

caligula timewarp posted:

I saw this on television about a year ago. It's a black and white film that seemed to be some sort of comedy. A guy moves into a strange house, and people are always coming over and knocking on his front door and windows and bugging him or something.
There's also a scene in the movie where the guy, his love interest, and his friend take a bed on wheels for a joyride around the city. While I was watching it I assumed it was filmed in England, I'm pretty sure everyone had English accents.
This has plagued me for awhile, any ideas?

"The Knack ...and how to get it" with Michael Crawford perhaps? There is definitely a bed being pushed through London in it.