Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
This is a huge shot in the dark, I don't know anyone who has ever heard of this movie, but I know it existed:

Early to mid 90's kids movie that played on HBO or Showtime back then. Might have been a made-for-TV movie, I'm not sure. It involved a kid who's dad was a scientist who invented a battery that could power an automobile. Bad guys were hunting the dad down to steal the battery. The dad hides the battery in back of a wall clock in the kitchen. The kid takes it from there and seeks to protect it from the bad guys, who are now after the kid for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

PonchtheJedi posted:

I think this is Breakout, a horrible kids movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142134/

If the battery was used to power a Power Wheels jeep and the kids used karate, this is your movie.

Holy poo poo, this is it! Thanks a lot, I'm gonna track down a copy ASAP.

I've got another one actually:

This played on the Disney channel, mid to late 90's. It was a Goonies knock-off about a group of kids who find are obsessed with pirates. One of them has a shirt with a big skull and cross-bones on it. They end up finding a real pirate ship.

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 23, 2009

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

The Lucas posted:

Not a movie but if you can find me this sketch you will be a god.

It's a Mr Show sketch. David Cross was in a suit I think at this table, hits the table with his fists, and puts his head down on the table. When he looks back up he has lizard eyes.

Please link me to it on youtube or post the name of the episode/season and I will find it in the complete collection.

It's the boardroom scene of the Coupon the Movie sketch. Episode is "The Velveteen Touch of a Dandy Fop" from Season 2.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Barack Pwnbama posted:

Did the killers use their victims skin to make lamps and things?

I'm remembering something like that where they used their skin to make stuff. I think it was an episode of a TV show though, like Tales From the Crypt or something.

Sounds like The Hills Have Eyes maybe.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Frostwerks posted:

This one will probably be difficult and I doubt my few memories on it are going to be accurate at all, but here goes:

A black and white, extremely surrealistic and what looks to be very low budget film about a man in a run down building cutting himself, bleeding everywhere, etc. Something pertaining perhaps to the death of God?

And that's all. Good luck to you!

Could be Pi? There's some self-mutilation, and a definitely a God theme.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
This is one that has bugged me and a few friends since I was in like 8th grade, and I've never figured it out, so I'm thinking it might be mostly imagined a la that 'That's the beauty of it! It doesn't do anything!' fiasco. Here's hoping it does ring a bell here, though:

This is most likely and 80's or 90's movie. In it, there's a scene where a teenager is being nagged by his parents in his room. He's getting increasingly annoyed, clutching his head and grimacing, but not saying anything. Then finally, he yells, in slow motion: 'SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Rastor posted:

This has been driving me crazy. I think it's a romantic comedy, one of those ones where at the beginning the girl is with a jerk. In this one we know he's a jerk because in one scene the jerk and a kid (maybe the girl's kid?) are at a pond, and the jerk has an expensive remote controlled sailboat and either won't let the kid play with it or tells the kid not to break it.

Anyone remember a movie with a scene like that?

About a Boy, I think. My memory of it is hazy though.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

SuperSlacker posted:

I've been trying to remember the name of a movie with no luck. I know that it's a Japanese movie about a mom with several kids, but she hides all but the oldest brother when they move into an apartment. Eventually the mom leaves and the oldest brother has to take care of the other children. I believe the movie had the word 'secret' in the title. Does anyone know the name?

I haven't seen it myself, but I think it's Nobody Knows. I remember hearing about it a while back.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Darth Freddy posted:

Some one posted a link to the scene I am thinking of a while back in this forum. I think it basically involves a crazy mountain man killing either two civil war officers or some kind of law men. It has a freaky kind of violin like music going as it all happens.

Any one know what this is?

Might be Ravenous: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129332/

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
I remember a while ago I heard about a horror film (might have been foreign) that was a rip off of this Twilight Zone episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Characters_in_Search_of_an_Exit (Don't read much of the synopsis if you don't want the twist ruined)

I forget what the name of it was, and it's not listed on the wiki. Does anyone remember a horror film with a similar reveal or gimmick to this episode?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

The Lucas posted:

Cube had (sort of) this gimmick.

The Cube movies are along the right path, but sadly not it. I really wish I could remember what it was, it's on the tip of my tongue.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Starscream posted:

Malefique?

I don't think this is it, but this looks pretty interesting anyway! I'm gonna give this a try.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

The second one might be a little bit harder: It was an old jap ninja flick or something. The two scenes I remember are is the main dude is fighting on a wooden plank type bridge and ninjas on opisite sides on water skis try to catch him in a net. Later on after defeating those ninjas he comes to a different area where ninjas are popping up out of the sand. Our main hero ends up with a bladed pogo stick and goes hopping around killing ninjas under the sand.

Definitely not it, but this should satisfy your desires for ninjas popping out of the stand in the mean time:
Ninja in the Dragon's Den (1982)

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

foodfight posted:

I remember watching parts of a movie on TV one time where I think the plot centered on either two neighbors making a deal to either kill each others wife or sleep with each others wife. Anyways, something goes wrong and then I really don't remember much else. I think there was a saxophone involved somewhere. I feel like one of the Bills (Paxton or Pullman) was in it.

Lost Highway? That's got Bill Pullman as a saxophonist.

Also 'Bill Pullman as a saxophonist!' is probably THE tamest synopsis of Lost Highway ever written.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Postmaster General posted:

Alright, this is going to be super vague but I'll try my best: there was a tape I used to get a lot from the library that was this short movie with puppets. It definitely wasn't directly Muppets-related, but I guess it could have been a Jim Henson thing. I think I remember that the main character was a dragon or dinosaur, but that might be totally wrong. I think the title had the main character's name in it. Pretty sure a lot of it took place in a forest and he might have been looking for something in it? I also think I remember there was a talking fountain or wall covered in vines or something. And at one point he might have been in a cabin. Any of this could be completely wrong but hopefully there's enough in there to give someone even a slight idea.

e: Also I'm pretty sure there was singing.
e2: If I had to guess this would be like late 80s, maybe early early 90s.

Pretty sure this is Eureka's Castle, a great old Nickelodeon TV show!

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Caught a bit of an old 60's or 70's martial arts movie, most likely Shaw Brothers, but I wasn't able to find out the title. The scene involved a training sequence for a guy who was being trained by an old man with grey hair and moustache. The guy was doing pushups with the old man, and various other stuff like that, using the old man's body as weight, carrying him, etc. It had a very Luke/Yoda dynamic to it.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Armyman25 posted:

CGI movie about a bunch of British birds who re-enact various WWII British war movie tropes. Came out about ten years ago or so, I remember seeing ads for it, but I can't for the life of me remember more.

Anyone?

Valiant (2005)

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

the Bunt posted:

A 90s kids movie about a boy who falls into some type of sewer/pool thing, because he was dared to walk across a thin rail above it. He's transported to a different world, where there are these kangaroo/human hybrid things, who have elemental powers and use martial arts and stuff. I think each one had a different element for their power.

This has been handled in the thread before, it's called Warriors of Virtue. It's pretty much the 'that movie' for anyone 20-25 years old.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Abugadu posted:

I do know that it was ripped from a short story in a book called Tales of the Midnight Hour, drat book scarred it into my brain as a kid:

A bored girl goes into a second-hand store one summer, and sees a jigsaw puzzle box on a shelf, but the picture on the front is eroded away. She buys it, takes it back to her house/cabin, and that night starts to put it together. As she puts it together, she notices that the puzzle is a picture of her putting the puzzle together, but that there's slightly off about it. As she gets near the end of it, she sees that the puzzle has something in the window. When she finishes, it's a horrific demon, and she turns, and it's there at the window, and bursts in.

I've been trying to remember the name of this book for AGES. Thank you so much.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Does anyone know if this is a drawing of a death from a particular horror movie?

It's one of the designs on the Rotten Cotton shirt site, which features a lot of designs based on horror movie posters/deaths/etc. This one is titled "Ultra Violent".

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Slasherfan posted:

There is a kill like this in Pieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwullPIrJY#t=03m17s

Awesome, thanks! I've been meaning to see that.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

oblongshrew posted:

It's from the pre-credits double murder in Lucio Fulci's "House by the Cemetery"

Thanks! It definitely does have a Fulci vibe to it, I shoulda known.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Fatty Patty posted:

friend asked for help finding a movie poster/case, I couldn't figure out the answer and now it's really bothering me. Here's what she gave me:

girl with short blonde hair wearing blue shirt and jears holding a baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around it. White background

any ideas?

e: ps it's a horror movie.

Haute Tension (High Tension)

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

papataz posted:

OK, this is probably the first movie I remember seeing (and being terrified of it).

What: A kids' movie
When: Saw it in 1983/ 1984
Plot: There's this kid, a boy who is maybe nine or ten... He looked somewhat exotic to me back then, but I was five years old, that can mean anything... Anyway, the kid (who has black hair and dark skin) has a T- shirt with a picture of a tiger's head on it. When he puts it on, he gets "tiger powers" - i. e. super speed, strength, agility, etc - and there are some people wearing dark suits (agents of some sort?) that are out to get him.

That's all I remember. Does this ring any bells?

Googled 'tiger t-shirt movie' because the plot sounded amazing and now I wanna see the movie. Pretty sure this is it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammy%27s_Super_T-Shirt

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

SourceElement posted:

Alright, after talking with her about it, I've got a few more details about this movie.

The protagonist was a world-renowned chef and this Asian gentleman (older) approached the chef about cooking something from a book. The chef wanted the old man to leave the book for him to look at, but he wouldn't. The only way for the chef to even look at the book (he had no idea about anything inside it) was to agree to fix something inside. The older man tried several times before the chef finally relented. Once he agreed, however, he couldn't back out of the deal unless he wanted to be killed.

He flips through the book, and each recipe is a different Human body part and how to prepare it properly (eyes, hands, thigh, etc). Each recipe appalls this guy more and more, but he can't look away - he has to see what each one is. Each one is more involved than the last in terms of preparation. Finally, the very last recipe is how to prepare an entire person for a meal. It had to be a virginal female specially born and bred for this single purpose -- also asian.

For a while, he doesn't want to fix anything out of it, but that last recipe fascinates him more and more. He became obsessed with it. Finally, he was contacted by the old man and told him that he would fix the last recipe. She seems to think that a specific time and date where the "event" would take place.

He has to make love to this young lady and right as she's getting ready to climax, he has to kill her and immediately start preparing her for serving. The very first thing he had to do was clean her before preparing her as the meal.

She thinks that he has to present the meal to this group of Asian connoisseurs who then eat the meal. The last thing she remembers about the movie is that this group wants the chef to do another meal, but he doesn't want to.

Hopefully this will help a little bit. All I know is that it was one hosed up movie apparently.

e: She also just told me that the title had something to do with cooking, like "the recipe" or "the chef" or "the cook" or what have you - in that vein.

I don't think this is it, but your mom would probably like The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

notcreativeenough posted:

This sounds vagely familiar now that have given a better time frame plus driving through the desert.

Btw the afgan woman's eyes were green sea green that is. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2002/04/afghan-girl/index-text they managed to track her down years later

Meg Foster has CRAZY blue eyes in They Live. Even if it's not the movie you're thinking of, it should satisfy your need for a movie with a weirdly bright-eyed chick.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Gerund posted:

I'm trying to find a movie that has one or more of these things in it, because in my mind they're all related:

Little Kid trying to beat the local tough guy in a Top-spinning combat; buys Asian dagger-rose Top

Pretty sure this is My Summer Story

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Poison Jam posted:

There's a film that I can only remember one scene from and it's probably more than 15 years old (I think it was about 15 years ago that I saw it). I think it was a horror film but the scene has a man being injected in the neck by some alien thing and if the man doesnt get the alien new victims to feed on he doesn't inject him and the man goes into really bad withdrawals.

This has been bugging me for ages and every time I ask someone about it they think I've made it up.

Brain Damage. Great movie.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Poison Jam posted:

Thank you so much. Now I can prove to everyone that I'm not insane

Pretty sure that if you show this movie to them, they'll still think you're insane, maybe more so! Enjoy.

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 20, 2010

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Trying to remember a Japanese or Korean movie that came out between the late 80's and the mid 00's. It was sort of a modern swordplay tale but dealing with triad gangs if I remember correctly. The only really distinct part I remember from it is that during the climax, a woman is decapitated in a meadow by the bad guy, and the head flies off though there is barely any blood. Then the bad guy fights the good guy. Also, this sequence might have been a flashback. I hope this is enough to go on, because I'd really like to see this scene again.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

donquixotic posted:

This one thankfully isn't obscure but the name escapes me. It's a tv show more than likely from the late 90s and revolved around I think a cop and villain living next door to each other. Features ridiculous action sequences all in slow motion, very silly action-comedy type show where the neighbours keep having run-ins.

Cops and Robbersons?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

robix smash posted:

1. A date to the La Brea tar pits.

The Hammer Cute movie!

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
What's the name of that made for TV movie from the mid to late 90's where a TV talk show gets hijacked by a gunman and becomes a hostage situation? I've been trying to Google it but I can't find it.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Glass Joe posted:

Murder Live! starring Marg Helgenberger and David Morse.

EDIT: And Donna's dad from That 70s Show as "Man in Yellow Shirt"!

Yes! Thank you! I totally forgot David Morse was in it. I love that guy.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Ridonkulous posted:

I do not remember what the movie is about but I'm going to guess drugs.

There is a scene where a charachter is describing the importance of the type of string and knot used to tie a balloon filled with drugs so that it will not open after being swallowed and before being released.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I haven't seen it in ages so I'm probably wrong, but I wanna say Maria Full of Grace.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
I've asked this one before but nobody was able to figure it out:

This was an old Shaw Brothers era kung fu movie where a guy is doing pushups while an old white or grey haired master sits on his back, as well as other weird training things, all involving the old master making it more difficult with his weight. It was kinda similar to in Star Wars when Luke has to carry Yoda.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Dr_Amazing posted:

This one was an Asian movie (I think Japanese but not sure) I saw a clip of on youtube. A bunch of high school students are fighting on the roof of a building (school) It's really one sided where one guy is way outnumbered and getting the poo poo kicked out of him, but he just keeps going and giving as good as he gets. It seemed pretty cool and I'd like to see the rest of it.

Long shot as I haven't seen it in like 8 years, but it might be Blue Spring. Even if it isn't, you'd probably enjoy it.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
This is a huge long shot, but I'm looking for an hour-long (maybe 90 min.) TV movie that ran on HBO in the mid to late 90's. This was about a boy in elementary or middle school who had AIDS. There was a bunch of controversy in the school, some staff didn't want him being a student there. At one point in the film he gets into a fight / needs a bandaid of some sort and it causes even more of a poo poo storm.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

SaintFu posted:

Could be The Ryan White Story, a TV movie about Ryan White. It started out on ABC, though. I don't know if it ever made it to HBO.

This is it! Thanks! Wow, had no idea it was Lukas Haas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
This one's been bugging me. There's some movie where a woman tells the old joke abut the woman with no arms and no legs on the beach who's never been screwed, and the guy who comes by and tosses her in the ocean and says "you're screwed now, honey!"

I think she tells it at some sort of gathering of people and everyone thinks the joke is hilarious. I think it's a black woman that tells the joke. Probably a late 90's movie, a romantic comedy or something. For some reason I remember this scene distinctly because she says 'screwed' instead of 'hosed' and I'd previously only ever heard the joke as 'hosed'. So maybe the movie is PG-13 because they couldn't say gently caress.

Found it: an Ally McBeal episode. Strange, as I have no other recollection of the show.

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 6, 2011