Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaseballChica03
Jan 12, 2006

I posted this in the GBS thread, but like every other time in my life that I mention this movie, people have never heard of it.

I think it was a :canada: production because I definitely watched it on either CFTO-TV or CBC, and the main characters had Canadian accents. Mid- to late-1980s. It could have been a real movie, a made-for-tv movie, or even just a serial tv show that I never happened to catch again. Sorry. I was fairly young when I saw it, though.

The main characters were these two kids, a brother and sister, and there were a bunch of Muppet-y looking things (although various Jim Henson searches have turned up nothing). There was some sort of evil witch who took over some parallel world where the Muppet-y things lived, and once the last leaf from the real world touched the ground, it would be winter forever. I remember that the girl caught the leaf and put it in her coat pocket, but then there's this scene where the mother hangs the coat up on a wall rack and it falls to the ground. I don't remember anything else about it except the Canadian kids have to help the Muppet-y things save their world from being perpetually in winter.

Please help, so that I can stop thinking that I'm crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaseballChica03
Jan 12, 2006

JoeNotCharles posted:

I don't remember the leaf, but Canadian, parallel world, Muppety things rings a very faint bell. I'm thinking it's a series, actually. I can't even swear I saw something like this, I just get a weird nostalgic feeling when I read what you wrote.

This gives me hope that I wasn't just imagining things, as un-concrete as your answer is. Sweet!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, I think I found it! It could be either the series Blizzard Island, or the film The Argon Quest, which came out of the series. According to IMDB:

quote:

Siblings Tracy and Wayne find a mysterious artifact that teleports them to Blizzard Island, a magical place full of strange creatures. They discover that the island is slowly dying, and the only way to save it is by finding and waking up the giant Argon. However, the evil witch Sidney won't have any of that.
Thanks for your help!

BaseballChica03 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 24, 2006