Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I came across this photo and it seems really familiar from somewhere,

A 90's horror movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Action Jacktion posted:

The 1970s version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lTfFwXcP-xQ

Right on.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Another still to ID,

The bike looks like it's from the teens (?)

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

Not sure if it's a tv show or movie but there's this one liner I'm not sure where it's from

"I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, no problem!"

"I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, I fall down. No problem!" ~ unknown, but included as Dwarven joke from World of Warcraft

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alcohol

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
80s or 90s drama. It takes place in a European town, maybe Italy. The film starts with a child running through a field of long grass. The kid lives in a countryside type area where there aren't many people around. The bulk of the story has to do with a little boy (probably the one at the beginning) disappearing. Years later a teenage boy is found by police in whatever city is nearby, and claims to be the kid who went missing. He is brought back to the family.

I believe near the end of the film there is an extended flashback to a young man, I think he was a neighbour of the little boy, who finds another creepy man/neighbour in his basement either burying a boy or raping him.

I think the end of the film has the mother standing in her kitchen while a small kid swings on the swingset in the background (maybe a memory), having something to do with the fact that you're never sure if the little lost boy from the beginning of the film is the one that showed up later. The mother is convinced, but others are not.

e: I think the title of the movie is the kid's name.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
A tv movie aired on CBC in the mid-90s. Mainly focuses on a delinquent pre-teen boy named Cor(e)y. The kid is basically a psychopath and goes around doing bad things. It's a drama but it feels like a documentary. Everything takes place in some crap town, looks like a dying logging or mining town, rubble around.

At one point the kid gets a tattoo on his upper arm (I think he makes some other kid get one too), which later gets infected pretty badly.

I remember there being a pretty big run of promos for it on CBC up until it actually aired so hopefully there's a chance someone knows what I'm talking about.

edit: Ha! Why is it that I spend so long scouring IMDB and trying to think back, then I post about it and the title jumps at me ten minutes later.

Little Criminals

Pweller fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 22, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Ok I think this might be an easy one, what movie is it where two guys are about to fight, and one of the guys who is shirtless takes a big bowie knife and cuts across one of his pecs to get psyched up.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

IGotDConch posted:

Unless there's another one that's definitely Predator.

Riiight, that must be it. The native scout guy right?
Thanks

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

McShit posted:

I think this was a documentary. Could have been a mockumentary though.

A video crew follows a guy around Austin, Texas (I believe) as he goes to an appointment to get shot (the ultimate goal being a gunshot scar.) Starts off with the guy (who kinda looks like Mark Lanegan of the Screaming Trees/Queens of the Stone Age) driving (he's got an old car, like a 60's covertable Impala) to the place where he's gonna get shot. He's whining about how his childhood sucked, talks about how the gunshot wound is gonna represent his pain from growing up, bla bla bla. He gets to the garage where the shooter is set up, the crew interviews the shooter. He says he's done this before, but by the way he's acting it seems like it may be his first time shooting someone. Very creepy dude trying to act professional. Shooter shoots the douchebag, who then gets in the ambulance waiting for him outside the door. Film ends.

Saw it on the documentary channel here in Canada. A friend saw it too and thinks it's called 'Dementia'. But I haven't been able to find anything on it.

It's called Delusions in Modern Primitism. Definitely a mockumentary.

e: in not of

Pweller fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 4, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Maximus8198 posted:

Good luck to whoever attempts this one, I don't have too many clues as to what it is.

I saw this movie possibly 2 summers ago on Sci-Fi channel at 4 AM. Although I saw it on Sci-Fi, I do not believe it was a Sci-Fi made movie. The movie seemed much like Bruce Campbell movies, although he was not in it (read: over-the-top, blatant satirism, comedic sci-fi). All I can remember is that the main character time travelled and he fought aliens. If I remember correctly he worked for the government as well. In addition to this, I believe the movie may have been a sequel. Also, I believe that the movie's title was fairly long (at least 4 or 5 words), if that helps at all.

Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about, because I sure don't.

The Ice Pirates has spoofy, over the top, time travelling, sci-fi. But I don't remember any sequels and its title isn't very long.

Can you hazard a guess as to when it looked like it was made?

Armyman25 posted:

I remember a WWIII movie about russians and americans fighting in the snow. Sylvester Stallone was one of the soldiers. At the end he is hiding in a metal tube, firing at the russians. He runs out of ammo, and finds his sleeve is frozen to the pipe.

When he looks up, he sees a russian soldier. They look at each other for a moment, then the russian shoots him.

The movie ends with the american and russian commanders shaking hands while one of the russian soldiers throws a grenade at them.

Can't remember what it was called though.

Did you mean to type WW3? I don't think Sly was in this. Victory was his only WWII movie as far as I know.

Pweller fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 17, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I read a movie plot outline on imdb awhile back, about a japanese warlord or someone of significant social rank who comes to the realization that people don't think he's as hot poo poo as he thought they did. He then presumably goes through a period of re-evaluating his life.

It piqued my interest at the time, but obviously I forgot the title. I thought it was a Kurosawa film but looking through his credits on imdb isn't really bringing up anything like this as I remember. Sound familiar?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm not a Kurosawa buff by any measure but my guess is Ran, only because of the famous shot of the guy and the burning building

I think this must be the one, maybe I was reading someone's comments or something regarding the plot. Thanks senor.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
For the hattrick...

Frost posted:

Bonus points if you can tell me what the music in the beginning is from, I can't put my finger on that one either.

I think it's the music that plays in 2001 when the pillar appears/evolution happens/whatever you interpret it to mean.

Lamanda posted:

Iv'e been trying to locate this film on and off for the last ten years but still no show, so here goes. I only saw about 15 minutes of the beginning, but it was about a group of white treasure hunters/explorers or somesuch that got caught by a native african tribe. They were quite immadiately executed in gruesome fashions, but I only recall one scene: one was covered in red mud and roasted over a bonfire. The last of the whites was set free and was given a minute or so advance before the tribe's hunters were set after him. That's about as much as I saw of it, but I'm pretty sure it was made in the 60s or possibly early seventies. It felt like an American production, or possibly Spanish.

The Naked Prey
An awesome movie I've been trying to track down for a very long time. It comes on tv every once in awhile but I've never able to record it, and vhs tapes of it sell for more than I'm willing to spend. If you find a, different format, LET ME KNOW.

The Hidden Sherpa posted:

It has Samuel L Jackson in it. It's famous for the line, "Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell!"

A Time to Kill

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

I was watching Colbert Report last night and he had a picture of a zombie attacking a chick who's head was bleeding (zombie looked kinda like a REALLY pale Billy Corgan) and the joke was "I'd rather my daughter date a zombie cuz at least he'd be interested in her brains."

Anyone know where the still is from?

Land of the Dead? I think there were a bunch of background swat/cops dressed like that in the streets, although the makeup makes me think otherwise...

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Rodney Munch posted:

I think in that episode when he first reveals himself to Marge he says a word or a phrase. Do you know what it is by chance? It might have been a quote from the movie its referencing.

The guy's name is Sebastian Cobb if that helps you.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Spider Crusoe posted:

I'm remembering a scene, but I can't remember where it's from. It's a flashback to a young boy at school. It's recess time and he's playing marbles with the other kids, and he makes a big win just as the recess ends. The boy is piling the marbles into his pockets when the teacher comes to take him back inside. As the teacher does this, the boy's pockets rip open, spilling the marbles on the ground.

I've seen this too, I think it's an American movie though,

e: or are you saying it's definitely Au Revoir...?

Pweller fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 24, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm not sure if it's a movie per se but I saw this thing where this girl goes missing around this house and the family can't find her, but then they see she's now inside a painting (that originally did not have her in it). I don't think it was horror either, that's all I can remember from it. Wanna say either 80s or 90s

Slasherfan posted:

I think I've seen this also, it rings a bell. I think it was like a kids horror movie.

That sounds awfully familiar. I think it was a witch story where the girl is cursed/placed in the painting. You see her move through the painted scene and age with the seasons as depicted...?

I think this was the beginning of a movie where a grandmother or grandpa is telling the story to their grandkid.

e: Is this a part of the movie The Witches (1990)? I haven't seen that one in forever.

Pweller fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 29, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

I believe there was an early mid-20th century movie about a deserter in Napolean's army, I think, in Russia. He starts seeing some horrific stuff or other.

Sounds like Come and See, follows a kid in WW2 Russia. Kinda hosed.

e: Is your second one Slaughterhouse-Five?

Pweller fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 6, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Frost posted:

On the Once Upon a Time in Mexico soundtrack there is a song from Juno Reactor called Pistolero. In the beginning of the song you hear someone say "I hate robbing banks" followed by machine gun fire. I tried googling this to no avail, is this from an actual movie, and if so, which one?

it's from the 1966 Batman tv series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistolero_(song)

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Is Porky's also the movie where some guys drill a peephole in the wall to spy on girls, until someone puts superglue around the hole? I remember it being in a train car which is probably wrong. I know there's a hole in the shower room in Porky's, did that one get glued?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Ok, here is a movie I haven't thought about in a very long time. When I was really little, my bedroom used to be across the hall from my parents room and their television, and I would strategically crack open each of our doors so that I could lie in bed and watch 1/10th of the screen instead of sleeping. I think this may have led to me watching stuff I shouldn't have been at that age, like the following.

I'm not sure if this was a real movie, or if it came from some fever-induced coma when I was really sick sometime, but I vividly remember a movie where a group of people are way out away from civilization, and are captured by cannibals. I remember a particular scene, it's nighttime, and there are fires burning and the light is red glowing and shadowy all over the place while these captives are tied to wooden stakes. One was a woman, and the captors cut one of her tits off.

Then there is a shot of a huge sunrise (probably not right after that).

I dunno what the gently caress. I did have nightmares about cannibals for some time at one point. It's possible that this came out of my crazy imagination and reading 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea which I think may have had an island of cannibals, or from simply poring over the forbidden vhs cases at the video store while my parents made the rounds. A woman may not have had her tit cut off, but the idea I had in my mind at the time was that these people were going to have their flesh eaten.

The movie would not have been Cannibal Holocaust or anything you wouldn't be able to rent at a video store in the late eighties.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Thejaff posted:

Are you sure it couldnt have been one of the Cannibal movies? I was able to rent both Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox in the 80's here in Quebec. I dont remember much about either but there was a scene in Ferox with a girls being hung by hooks through her tits.

Also, maybe its:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075984/maindetails

It does feature a girl getting her tits cut off by cannibals.

InfiniteZero posted:

If you lived anywhere except the UK, you would have been able to rent Cannibal Holocaust in the 80s.

Are you absolutely positive you're not thinking about Cannibal Holocaust? Do a google image search for "cannibal holocaust" (with safe search off of course) and you'll definitely see the image of a person impaled on a wooden stake. Is that what you're thinking about? Also, I do believe that Cannibal Holocaust does have a sunrise scene in it (at least in one of the 50 cuts of it that float around).

I've seen Cannibal Holocaust, and I'm sure it isn't it. The key to the scene was that is was at night (Holocaust is daytime for everything), and I think there were 2 guys and a woman (maybe a few more guys) all tied to stakes (not impaled), and it was pitch dark with red glowing fires lighting the scene.

I'm beginning to think there was no cutting of boobage since I would have either somehow watched this on tv late at night while unsupervised (unlikely), or my parents would have been watching it (probably not gory).

This movie would have been more thriller than gory. Emanuelle sounds too gratuitous.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

loving lame. It might as well have been called "I Have Not Come To Harvest Your Endorphins, Killing you in the Process"

"I Come in Peace" is almost like a stereotypical alien phrase. I'm actually kind of surprised you don't seem to have heard it before.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I think it conveys a lot. An alien is coming, and he says he is peaceful- except that since it stars Dolph Lundgren (and whatever the poster/trailer looks like) you can be sure it will be shitkicking actionpacked and not at all peaceful. So now you know there's something mysterious afoot with the title being all misleading and all, and by extension the alien who is coming and saying as much. What else does he have to hide... yada yada, what other mysteries does this story hold...
Now I want to see this interesting movie, based on three words and my preconceptions of them and the situation.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

gingersmurf posted:

UPDATE! I found the title of the movie (and my bad, it WAS made for TV). Now for the big question - I NEED A COPY! Any leads? I already checked amazon and half.com, no luck.

Here is the movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067235/plotsummary

"This movie is now available, along with 8 other titles, in a 3-disc set called "Women With Courage" released in 2005." -stephenray

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Hellkind posted:

I am afraid that this one is going to be rather difficult. I saw this very late at night on a New Orleans affiliate in the mid 70's. It is a very bad B grade Western possibly from the 60's. It might even be a "Spaghetti Western". It is set somewhere near the Texas Mexican border during the 1860's and is about a group of Confederates and French soldiers from the reign of Maximilian who are fighting off some rampaging Indians. The complete destruction of a fort with rolling smoke and ubiquitous arrow shafts sticking out of everything is the only visual that I can recall. Any help would be appreciated.

Was it in English/American and/or in color?
I don't suppose John Wayner was in it if you say it's B grade crap.

Pweller fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 29, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
This sounded interesting to me,

DLane posted:

Animated short about the dogs a man has throughout his life.

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but has anyone heard of an animated short about this? Someone told me about it, but they couldn't remember the title and said it might be Russian or Ukranian. I know it's not a lot to go on, but if you have seen something like this, please, could you let me know?

Thank you so much.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Mr.48 posted:

This is a bit vague, but I saw this when I was about 10: A guy (possibly with wife/girlfriend) is stuck in traffic on a freeway at night. He gets impatient and drives through a barrier to get around the jam and ends up in the city slums, where his car breaks down and he ends up being chased on foot through the slums by gangs (and possibly a psycho cop) while trying to get back to the "civilized" part of the city. This was probably from the 80's or early 90's, but isnt Falling Down. Thanks.

Sounds exactly like Judgment Night, except that it's a half dozen guys in an rv.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

Is there a movie where a guy put his fingers to his head mimicking blowing his brains out but he actually does (with just his fingers)? I didn't see any but I wanna say it's from some Cronenberg movie

I think there was a Kids in the Hall skit or some other similar show where a guy walks around shooting people with his hands and making gun noises, then it ends with him shooting himself.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

seglda posted:

A family (2 parents, one boy one girl) end up in a ghost town because they ran out of gas. The mom lowers the daughter in a well and see, toys (I think).

Meanwhile the dad and the son try to find gas and they see a place with vitrified sand where nuclear experiments were done. Then, they see a car graveyard and something that makes a lot of dust runs towards them.

That's all I can remember.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

This sounds a bit like the Hills Have Eyes remake- could it be the original? (I haven't seen it)

--
Movie I saw on tv, probably in the early 90s. The gist of the story is that a nuclear war kicks off, and a group of people retreat down into a bunker somewhere in a city. After staying down there long enough (a month?), maybe with a radio getting the odd transmission, their food supply starts to run low, and they turn against each other (maybe get violent and kill).
*ending spoiler*
Eventually they decide to go outside and check things out, and find a whole crapload of media. The whole thing was a social experiment.

Pweller fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 28, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

FitFortDanga posted:

Are you absolutely sure about the ending? Because otherwise it sounds a lot like Threads.

I'm positive it isn't Threads. This one was much more about the drama and social developments of these people stuck together in a confined space.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

invalid user posted:

Week End by Jean-Luc Godard
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062480/

I KNEW I'd seen this before and spent like an hour searching for it.

Fantastic film.

I have a questionable one though.

I remember seeing it on a premium channel within the past 10 years... I remember it involved 2 or more people who worked in this massive office building in a metropolitan area. They had a bet between each other as to whether they could live only in the building for 30 days. Breathe only its recycled air, eat only its packaged food, etc.

Anyone?

I believe that would be Waydowntown. :canada:

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Did these Indian movies ever get definitively identified?

Indian Thriller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzJo7zVXQr0

Afro guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FINtUwhwFY4

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Pweller posted:

Did these Indian movies ever get definitively identified?

Indian Thriller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzJo7zVXQr0

Afro guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FINtUwhwFY4

For anyone else interested,

The Indian Thriller bit seems to be from Donga (1985), the guy in the read is Chiranjeevi, supposedly a really famous actor in India.

The afro guy song is Solla Solla Enna Perumai, from the film Ellam Inba Mayam (1981)

...or so the internet would have me believe.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Ape Agitator posted:

The Cable Guy, with Ben Stiller playing the part of the accused. It's really a much better film than I think it gets credit for, with more substance and somewhat good writing behind the silly voices and faces.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0115798/

(Eric Roberts was the victim and the accused - twin brothers)

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

The Duke posted:

Eric Roberts played them in a made for TV movie, Ben Stiller played them both in the actual court scenes.

yes you're right

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

Man, you motherlovers are fast. It's funny, cuz as a kid you have no concept of horror comedy, it's just an evil box you should look away from lest it come home with you...

I wonder if new dvd covers still have that effect on little kids, things like the little Monkey Shines toy made a big impression on my wee little mind. I hope that things haven't changed much in that regard.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Octorok posted:

I caught bits and pieces of this Buster Keaton movie- well, I could be mistaken, but it was a silent film.
The general plot was the main character attending some prestigious college because he's some sort of genius, but instead of studying, he keeps trying out for various sports to impress the girl he loves.
Some scenes include trying to work at a soda fountain and then putting on black-face makeup to work at a cafe.

Any ideas?

College (1927)

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

ScorpOMG posted:

Movie type - martial arts tournament type film that was popular in the late 80s.

Where - I watched it on basic cable probably in the late 80s or early 90s. It probably came out sometime in the 80s.

It was like Bloodsport, but with swords and similar weapons. The point was to kill who you were fighting. I seem to remember that the people in the fight were forced to fight for some reason. I remember there was a scene in the dark or a dungeon-like area where these two guys who were friends were preparing to fight and talking about which weapon they would pick. I remember one guy used a sword, one guy had a mace, one guy had one of those things that looks like a sword on a stick, etc.

I think that it claimed to be based on a true story, but I'm not sure (I might be thinking of Bloodsport for that one).

Firepower (1994) ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Elohssa Gib posted:

Due to it being seen at the house of a "lady" our family does it's best to forget, I've blocked most of the memories.

What does this mean?