Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Phillyt posted:

OK. I have a movie I can't seem to place but I know I've seen it. It's about a teenage girl I assume in the North West. She is "good" girl if you will but is very interested in the local music scene. After attending a few shows, she gets involved in the scene meeting people, losing her virginity, trying drugs, partying etc.

The important things of the movie however is this local rock star who very much resembles Kurt Cobain, who the main female character is very attracted to. This local rock star has a older sister who sort of takes care of him. Also, there are several other characters who are friends with the main female. One of them is a male who eventually kills himself in the end who actually is obsessed with Kurt Cobain. Another is a female who is the front woman of one of the local bands who eventually "makes it big".

Obviously these are very vague descriptions but maybe someone can be of help! Thanks.

Girl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Spider Crusoe posted:

I've got two I can't remember.

The other is an 80s movie. It's a about a few kids who discover an alien spaceship, and they end up going to space. They meet some alien (who turns out to be a kid), and they're told about bad things that happen on Earth.

Sounds a bit like Explorers

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Wreath of Barbs posted:

I saw this one movie years back, and I don't remember if it was good or not actually, but I just can't seem to verify it even existing. The most about the plot I can remember is some guy works the night shift at a gas station and ends up meeting this guy who takes him clubbing and to some really sketchy clubs. In the end, all goes bad and he tries to shoot the guy, who turns out to be the personification of Satan. All through this, the main guy's girlfriend is begging him to stop living this new nightlife.

Just from what I vaguely remember, it may have been some cheap HBO b-movie, but I'd really like to confirm what it was. Any ideas?

I believe this is "Shadow Hours"

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Empty_Spaces posted:

There's a part of a movie that's been in my head for the past few days but I can't remember from which movie it's from.

The main character is stopped in his car at a red light and looks over to the right, where there's a black dude singing extremely enthusiastically to some poppy song playing on the radio. I think he was wearing a suit and glasses, and the way he was singing and looking over at the main character was hilarious.

Click? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HAfLo1Pl5w

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Phillyt posted:

This has been driving me crazy. What's the movie that stars a teenage girl who dates a Kurt Cobain like grunge guy. She loses her virginity to some dorky guy at some concert when they met eyes after they both fell on the ground at the same time. Someone has to know from my vague details.

Girl

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Chasing a vague memory of a movie that must have been out in the late 90s, it was something like...

-Super Touchy Feely movie
-Main character is this teenage girl
-Coming of age type story
-Deals with family themes a lot
-The family is in France or Europe for part of the movie?
-They have a maid?
-The Dad dies?

Thanks all.

Going to take a stab and say A Soldier's Daughter Never Cries

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Vakal posted:

Does anyone remember an action movie from the 90's where the world has a population cap and a husband and wife get sent to an underground prison for the crime of having too many children?

The main thing I remember from it was the prisoners weren't allowed to dream so there was a machine that would go around and monitor them while they slept and shocked them if they were dreaming.

Fortress with Christopher Lambert

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

The GOP Delusion posted:

A man gets sudden custody of/runs off with his son - whom he's never met before(8~12 years old, short dark hair; bowl cut?); near the end we discover that that the kid was not his son at all, and it was an elaborate scam. I think it's either a 90's or 2000's film, and I seem to remember a lot of driving involved (maybe a road film?). For some reason I was sure the father was Nic Cage, but I guess it's not after searching his wikipedia page (it's not Matchstick Men).

Father Hood?

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

xcore posted:

People are talking about Total Recall in the General Movie Q's thread and it got me thinking about a movie I've always had trouble remembering. I thought it might be Total Recall but I don't think it is.

All i remember is it was about a dude in some sort of prison with lots of levels that could record peoples dreams and store them. Movie would have been made between '85 and '95, probably closer to '85. It's one of those movies that I have had recurring dreams/nightmares about, along with Labyrinth (see a theme?)

I don't think it's Total Recall because none of the Mars stuff rings a bell. It's also not 12 Monkeys if anyone was thinking

[quote="xcore" post="452335622"]
People are talking about Total Recall in the General Movie Q's thread and it got me thinking about a movie I've always had trouble remembering. I thought it might be Total Recall but I don't think it is.

All i remember is it was about a dude in some sort of prison with lots of levels that could record peoples dreams and store them. Movie would have been made between '85 and '95, probably closer to '85. It's one of those movies that I have had recurring dreams/nightmares about, along with Labyrinth (see a theme?)

I don't think it's Total Recall because none of the Mars stuff rings a bell. It's also not 12 Monkeys if anyone was thinking that.

Fortress with Christopher Lambert?

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

1. An action movie in which a Chinese-American policeman goes to visit his sister in the rural town where her husband is sheriff and finds that it is being menaced by neo-Nazis. The climax of the movie is a big martial arts fight between him and the neo-Nazis' shirtless leader in the neo-Nazi base, which I believe was some kind of scrapyard or foundry; he beats the leader, which disillusions his followers, and when the leader tries to attack him from behind he is shot dead by one of his men, who had been conflicted throughout the movie.

Best of the Best 3?

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

FaradayCage posted:

Closest thread I can find...

Someone was telling me about a youtube series in which the white male host (who might have long hair and some facial hair) gives bad advice "passive-aggressively."

In of the videos is about how you shouldn't go to college.

Another one is about how you should rent forever instead of owning.

The person couldn't remember the name of the series or host though.

Anybody know what he's talking about?

This guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Bandiet posted:

I've just remembered one scene from some movie. Someone goes to meet their friend(?) who is teaching a class. They stand in the doorway and watch as the girl is teaching. She is blonde and writing on a chalkboard about Marxism(?) There is a testy exchange between her and a male student. This is a color film from the 60s or 70s...

Dazed and Confused has a scene like that at the beginning