Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Free City of Newark

myo posted:

Also, this 80's kid's movie about a girl that travels to some magical land to find berries from a tree of life type thing to save her mother/aunt/grandma or something. I remember the tree being in the glass case protected by a witch, and the berries can't touch the ground for some reason.

That might be "The Hugga Bunch" http://imdb.com/title/tt0173915/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

limpster posted:

I am trying to remember a movie I saw mentioned in this forum a month or so ago. It was an asian film which I remember people calling one of the best thrillers ever made, at the time I checked out the cover of the DVD and it had picture of an asian guy who's face pretty much covered it. I also think that the translated title included the word Murder but I'm not 100% sure. Any help is really appreciated. :)

Ichi the Killer?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0296042/

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

rararasputin posted:

It was a movie from my childhood - (late 80s early 90s),
So, there was a little girl whose grandma was going to go to a nursing home, but she didn't want her to go... and then a doll she had came to life and took her through the mirror where a little boy doll and then went on a mission to find a witch who had the secret to eternal youth or something of the sort. The witch had strawberries that she ate to give her youth. When the girl tried to get the strawberries back through the mirror to her world, she tripped on the mirror and they fell and dissapeared. And in the end her grandmother didn't have to go to a nursing home.

That's "The Hugga Bunch" again I think. That one seems to have really stuck with a lot of people.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I recall seeing a reference to a movie on tv about a boy who's a clone of hitler and they try to make him good or something. I remember it being Brazil but I just saw Brazil and know it can't possibly be it

The Boys from Brazil :)

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

I haven't actually seen it, but I'm pretty sure the main character is a normal kid who grows up just fine in the U.S. until he finds out he's a hitlerclone one day.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

PvtJoker posted:

Not looking for a movie, but the name of a charictor actor from ye olden days.

I've seen him on TCM a few times now, but the pop culture impression is bigger. His gimmic is to usualy be a waiter, master of ceremonies, hotel clerk, etc and talk in a rather snooty voice. A typical gag is something like picking up the phone and making a big deal out of "Hellooooo? Helloooooo?!? yes, Yes, YEESSSS!" The voice sounds a lot like the Mr. Whiteside charictor in The Man Who Came To Dinner, but I don't think its Monty Woolley.

The only thing I distincly remember him in was a movie where he was an MC at an event where there were hidden cameras in the room and warning the guests that they might be on television, to the crowd's delight.

I know he's been parodied in a lot of TV shows, just kind of wondering about the story behind him.

It's Frank Nelson. I found out his name by searching a "Simpsons" fansite because I remembered he was the clerk in the unwatchable "Prank Monkey" episode.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0625372/bio

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Rodney Munch posted:

Watched This: Early 90's maybe
Genre: Action/Adventure I guess. Maybe some mystery type stuff.

Remember: The hero guy gets partnered up with some girl (by accident probably), and there is this running joke where the guy will demonstrate some crazy skill like being able to speak french or something, and she will say "Hey, you never said you knew how to speak french!". Then he would respond with "I never said I didnt know how to speak french! :v:

I think it was some adventure type movie where the whole time they are trying to find some artifact and give it to a museum or whatever. And at the end the girl is all mad or something because she finds out some rich guy just bought said artifact for like 10 million dollars or whatever. Surprise, surprise, turns out it was the hero.

:j: "You never told me you were rich!"
:clint: "I never said I wasn't rich"

:shlick::shlick::huh:

I really think it's "Year of the Comet"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105871/

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

That sounds like "Doppelganger." I only saw the last couple of minutes and was like :wtc: am I watching. Although I knew of the movie, I never thought there'd be a monster in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106753/combined

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Pweller posted:

Ok I think this might be an easy one, what movie is it where two guys are about to fight, and one of the guys who is shirtless takes a big bowie knife and cuts across one of his pecs to get psyched up.

Unless there's another one that's definitely Predator.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Coffey posted:

An alien movie where the people whom get...uhh...possessed for the lack of a better word, have, like, these leeches that crawl into the back of their necks. It had to have been before 1990 or right around then.

I like both "Puppet Masters" and "Invaders from Mars" but I'm gonna have to go with "Night of the Creeps."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091630/maindetails

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

azthth posted:

The first movie is from the early nineties i think and it's about a kid who is driving this car, red convertible maybe, with these wooden extenders so he can reach the pedals. He's driving around the u.s. searching for these lottery tickets for some reason. One of the gas station attendants collects string to add to his kite which has a letter to god on it and another attendant is a horrible monster who is friendly. The whole thing ends up being a dream and he ends up working for the string collecting attendant.

That's "Motorama," which seems to come up a lot probably because it's so weird.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104922/

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

PonchtheJedi posted:

Here is another one, since you guys are so damned good at this.

I think this was one of those Wide World of Disney movies that used to play on Sunday nights here in the states, so it was probably a made for TV movie. It involved a group of kids trying to rescue their dog from a (possibly evil) dog pound. There were like five kids. The leader, or maybe the leader and his sister get their dog kidnapped and put in the pound, so they decide to break him out. They have everybody dress up in black clothing. There is a fat and/or goofy kid that tells his mom that he's dressing that way for a costume party, and so she makes him wear his old superhero Halloween costume. At one point the kid is trying to hide, so he sits next to some barrels that have the same color scheme as his costume, and the bad guys don't notice. The only other thing I remember is that one of their friends was a guy who had two of those toy guns that shoot the little rubber plungers, and he was a very good shot. One scene from this movie was him sneaking in somewhere, and one of the guards/dogcatchers walks in, and the kid remembers he left the light on. He shoots one of his guns and manages to hit the switch, shutting off the light just in the nick of time. The dogcatcher guy shows up, looks around, then notices the plunger. He grabs it off the wall and walks out.

I know that's a bit of a strange one, but any ideas?

I asked about this exact same movie on IMDB months ago and was told it was "Little Spies." Unfortunately, I can't locate a copy so I can't confirm whether this is actually it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091420/

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

About a year ago, I was channel surfing when I hit the Sci Fi channel. I ended up watching some horror movie (it could have just been a short or something, as I don't think it was longer than 20 minutes or so). I think it was in black and white, and if I remember right I think it took place around Christmas. It took place in a kind of stereotypical family home, and there was a little boy and girl who were bugging their parents to tell them a story. After a while, the Father obliges and starts to tell them a story about some monster who lives up in a cave (I want to say he was called the Grifter, but google searches for this have turned up nothing). The mother pretends to freak out and tells the Father not to tell them anything else, but the Father keeps going on and tells the kids about how when you mention the Grifter's name he gets angry and starts to fly towards you.

Every now and then the Father will get up and pretend to take a phone call, and then come back into the room and give the kids an update on where the Grifter is right now on his route to come murder them all for talking about him. Eventually the Father calls a neighbor and asks him to come over to freak out the kids, and when the neighbor shows up and knocks on the door the kids all scream and think it's the Grifter, and all the adults have a good hearty laugh.

Right before it ends, though, the Grifter actually shows up and kills the entire family, I think.

If anyone can give me any information on this it'd be really helpful. I've been dying to watch this again, but at the moment it seems like I just made this up in my head :(.

That's an episode of "Tales From the Darkside" called "Seasons of Belief."

And hey, what do you know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vmIBbjv6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqi2uKYsk0c

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Speaking of school movies, there was this one where I saw the end of it, basically there's hero guy and a chick (I would say Shannon Doherty) and psycho guy. All of them are really young. So hero guy is carrying a big rock and there's a pool of some substance on the floor. Hero guy threatens to throw the rock at psycho's feet and then when he does, both he and girl dive to the floor. Psycho guy laughs it off and goes "That wasn't (such and such substance), IT WAS JUST A ROCK!"

Anyway hero guy finds himself in a compromising situation in a metal/wood shop type place and the girl (who psycho seems to have a thing for) is implying she'll let him have her before he kills her and pretends she's gonna unbutton her shirt. She tells him to close his eyes (I said he was psycho not smart), and when he does she takes a metal object (like a hammer or something) and embeds it into his head. He falls back onto a lathe type thing and there's blood everywhere. As they leave she apologizes to this old janitor for the mess and he lecherously replies "anything for you missy" or something. So later hero guy and girl are driving along the road when a guy rolls down the hillside and it turns out to be her father. I assume psycho guy attacked him and left him for dead but I can't say as I only watched the end

That's "Cutting Class" featuring a young Brad Pitt.

Edit: In that scene the hero was trying to throw a lump of potassium or sodium onto a puddle of water on the floor and burn up the bad guy, but it turns out it was just a rock.

Lanithro posted:

Here's one I saw sometime around 1997-99 on TV on HBO/Showtime or one of those movie channels. It's a horror/thriller type movie.

A woman moves into an apartment complex and eventually finds out that people who don't follow the 'rules' of their cult-like system get killed off. It ends up being what happened to the previous tenant.

At one point in the movie, we find out that the apartment below hers has a map of her apartment on its ceiling.

There's a scene where she wakes up and rats are crawling all over her apartment. She calls in an exterminator who tells her that he sees no signs of infestation, and tells her that her neighbors probably hate her.

Near the end, when the "Bad Guy" is revealed, he says something like, "Welcome to the Portcullis."

He locks her in a bathroom where there's a corpse with maggots crawling all over it.

Also, I think I recall a scene where she's in a room and it's filled with packing peanuts or styrofoam stuff.

And this one is from awhile ago, but I'm pretty sure this is "The 4th Floor."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167752/

IGotDConch fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 13, 2007

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

neutral posted:

Ok I know almost nothing about this movie, I saw it when I was really little and I remember being freaked out.

There's a family and they live in this futuristic enviroment. I remember their home was all red and padded looking.
The father maybe sort of looked like Gomez Addams.
They also had some machine that melts your head.

I have been wondering about this movie for like 15 years. Please help.

I've never seen this one myself, but I've read about it enough times to think you're looking for "Meet the Hollowheads."

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

NOS482 posted:

A few weeks ago, I caught just a scene of a movie on television I believe on HBO or some channel along those lines.

The scene:

A few men are sitting outside; I believe it to be in an eastern European country. They are in the mob or just criminals in some way. One of the underlings is in trouble with the boss and they are having a meeting. The boss gives his speech while staring at the guy in trouble. Then he calls a kid over who appears to be some kind of street vendor selling kabobs or some meat on a stick thing. The takes it off or eats it, and then stands up and stabs the underling in the eye brings him to the ground and pushes it into his brain killing him.

I do not remember any of the actors sadly I only caught it in passing. Please help!

I haven't seen it, but on a lark I googled "skewer through the eye" and got two seperate reviews of the movie "Turistas" that seem really close to the scene you are talking about. I'll laugh if I actually found it that way!

moths posted:

4. More spooky! I think it was on Nickelodeon back when they turned into National Geographic at 9PM. There was a haunted house, and a girl ghost who is portrayed as a red dot that moves around. In the end, the house burns down maybe? But it's maybe related to a special where some kid is looking at a dead bird in the street and telling kids that "Death happens to every living thing" and a ghost comes out of a wall and the rest is lost in a blur of "Ah! I'm five stop terrifying me!"

Ok, so I haven't seen this one either, but could it be "Lady in White"? The concensus on that board seems to be that a lot of people thought it was a children's film when it wasn't.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095484/

IGotDConch fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 3, 2007

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

bagrada posted:

I can't remember if this was a movie or an episode of a twilight zone or outer limits type show. Some guy is driving and comes to a small town with a lighthouse. No one wants to help the guy because at night the lighthouse shines on someone's window, marking them for death or worse. I think there was a doctor who tries helping the guy and gets marked by the lighthouse because of it. I don't remember anything else. I saw it on tv in the late 80s or early 90s.

I was reminded of it by an episode of the anime Melody of Oblivion with a similar evil lighthouse theme.

I'm positive that was an episode of the 80's "Twilight Zone."

fake edit: Here ya go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beacon_%28The_Twilight_Zone%29

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Buggernaut posted:

Caught the end of this movie on TV about 4 years ago but I think it was made in the early to mid 90s. There's a teenage son who's estranged from his father and lives with his mother who he doesn't get on with. There's a scene with him attempting to kill himself by strapping a belt round his neck and hanging himself from his bedroom door only for his mother to come past, see the belt over the top of the door and open it so he falls to the ground, the movie ended pretty soon after that I think.

For years I've assumed that it was Requiem for a Dream, mainly because the son looked a bit like Jared Leto, but having finally seen Requiem for a Dream I realise it's something completely different. Hope someone's got some idea the few minutes I saw looked quite good.

I have a feeling you're talking about "Better off Dead," an absolute classic and must see. In fact, check out this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvaSb_qfL8

EDIT: Actually, after re-reading your post more carefully, you're probably looking for a much more serious movie. I obviously knew "Better off Dead" was far more lighthearted than "Requiem for a Dream" but I really do think they share a certain surreal quality that isn't all that common. I'll try and dig around a bit more to see if I can find anything else.

EDIT2: Ok, this doesn't fit well with your description either, but maybe "Life as a House?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpAz0e-V468&feature=related

IGotDConch fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 10, 2008

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Circusmacabre posted:

This might be a bit difficult because I'm looking for a film that they were playing in the background of a club so I couldn't even hear sound. The DJ didn't know what it was because someone else put it on too.

It was a horror film, kind of loiw budget 80s but the effects were really good. The monsters were mummies I think, looked like skeletons with flesh on them; one of them had massive hair and there was another, smaller one that looked like it might have been its kid or something? There were quite a lot of closeups on their faces and they were attacking people in a hospital or research facility. One of the women was quite old with short grey hair and it attacked her and there was green slime all over her face. There was a young guy with blonde hair and a big jaw who looked like a terrible actor and he had a really big gun that looked like a machine gun or something. When the mummies/zombies died they melted into the floor. Oh and there was a air duct chase bit.

Me and my friends were fascinated with it while we were waiting for other people, it looked terrible and awesome at the same time.

The Boneyard?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101497/plotsummary

EDIT: Holy poo poo, IMDB has videos now?

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2676949273/

IGotDConch fucked around with this message at 07:45 on May 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Wet Tie Affair posted:

I have one that I've been trying to find the name of for a while. It was probably from the early 90's, and was set in the 30's. From what I remember of the plot, the first part was about a father with two sons, and he had to leave the older boy at home while he took a job in another city. He left his son with nothing but a quarter, and he soon ran out of food. I remember a scene where the boy becomes desperate enough to eat pictures of food out of a magazine, and he gets lead poisoning and he ends up hallucinating and writhing on the floor in pain.

This may or may not be a separate movie, but I think it comes from the same one: Later in the movie the father comes back and takes his sons back to his mother's house. The father's other siblings are there as well. The father's mother is exceedingly crotchety, and she had apparently beat one of her daughter's until she was mildly retarded.

I've looked on imdb off and on for years but haven't been able to come up with the title.

That's not "Lost in Yonkers" is it?