Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Innovation Leader
Apr 26, 2003

"Most people wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit them in the ass"
Mine didn't come with the footswitch, though. But I also paid $100 less than the Ebay auction went for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

Nick Freedom posted:

Mine didn't come with the footswitch, though. But I also paid $100 less than the Ebay auction went for.

How do those sound? I was thinking about a Fender or Rivera, but the Sunns seem to get good reviews, and have a loyal (if relatively small) following.

I also noticed they're relatively inexpensive.

Don't suppose you've got a clip, do you?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Just got this for my birthday. Holy blue blooded jesusfuck.

Innovation Leader
Apr 26, 2003

Walter posted:

How do those sound? I was thinking about a Fender or Rivera, but the Sunns seem to get good reviews, and have a loyal (if relatively small) following.

I also noticed they're relatively inexpensive.

Don't suppose you've got a clip, do you?

It's got a great older sound to it. No sound clip right now, though. Just make sure you have a place to play them, as they are loud. When I first got one, I thought people were just saying that to be cool or something. I was wrong.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Uncle Caveman posted:

Nick Freedom posted:

Sup ridiculously loud 50watt 1x12 amp buddy!

Innovation Leader
Apr 26, 2003

Uncle Caveman posted:

Sup ridiculously loud 50watt 1x12 amp buddy!

I never knew one speaker would be able to kick my half stacks rear end.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Nick Freedom posted:

I never knew one speaker would be able to kick my half stacks rear end.
Okay now by the last few "user reviews" for these, how much do they commonly run? I might want one now. :)

Innovation Leader
Apr 26, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

Okay now by the last few "user reviews" for these, how much do they commonly run? I might want one now. :)

Depends on what you're looking for. I got mine for around $400, and I got my Beta Lead for $255 (which was very lucky), but it's all just about checking Ebay all the time. I was also just lucky to find that hanging around at a ghetto guitar shop. They are well worth it, though.

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
I just got this one in a charity auction that my local radio station was having last Friday. It's a Gibson Les Paul Special autographed by Alice in Chains, Seether and Buck Cherry.

And UPS just delivered this one today. It's an Ovation Tangent series (T357) and it will be the main guitar I use while I learn to play.

Operator
Feb 22, 2006
place avatar here
I just bought this:

That's right. 10/10 in sexiness.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Cavepimp posted:

...autographed by Alice in Chains, Seether and Buck Cherry.
Sand it down and refinish it.

:D

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
I'm happy with my gear for now, but since I don't have a decent fretless I have been fantasizing about this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Just got this today, a Tibetan singing bowl! This thing can produce some surprisingly high frequency tones.

No, I'm not a hippy.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

...how much do they commonly run? I might want one now. :)
$450 for mine, used. A new SJ-12T will be about $600 from the big stores.

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

Somehow I think that's about as likely as the Chili Peppers ever releasing another album without a song that contains the word "California."

:v:

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?
Got my Epi Valve Jr Monday:

Ordered an Epiphone Dot Deluxe too. It's arrival got delayed 2 days, I was so excited yesterday when the rental office said to come down and pick it up after work.

Gold Grovers, MOP inlay on head, not bad I guess (although a bound head and neck sure would be nice on an $850 list guitar)

:wtc: Got a feeling this won't sound too nice.

Oh and I'm no luthier, but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a nut holding the pickguard on here.

This speaks volumes. The loving Epi badge is falling off before I can get the protective plastic off.

So in short, gently caress Epiphone. :smith: (making an exception I suppose for their cheap, easily modded tube amps :) )

I returned the Dot and ordered this instead.

Ibanez Artcore AS83

Should be here Monday or Tuesday, wish me luck. :unsmith:

Owsla fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 8, 2006

PhedgeThroat
Sep 6, 2004
Yo Yo

Duke Chin posted:

seconded

I'm keeping my eye's on a Fender Stage 1000 guitar amp, I just want a 100 or so watt combo that sounds good live but can still fit in my room.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Owsla posted:

Got my Epi Valve Jr Monday:

Ordered an Epiphone Dot Deluxe too. It's arrival got delayed 2 days, I was so excited yesterday when the rental office said to come down and pick it up after work.

Gold Grovers, MOP inlay on head, not bad I guess (although a bound head and neck sure would be nice on an $850 list guitar)

:wtc: Got a feeling this won't sound too nice.

Oh and I'm no luthier, but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a nut holding the pickguard on here.

This speaks volumes. The loving Epi badge is falling off before I can get the protective plastic off.

So in short, gently caress Epiphone. :smith: (making an exception I suppose for their cheap, easily modded tube amps :) )

I returned the Dot and ordered this instead.

Ibanez Artcore AS83

Should be here Monday or Tuesday, wish me luck. :unsmith:

Ouch, that blows man. But to be honest, it'll probably work out to your advantage. I've yet to see/hear/play an Artcore I didn't like.

Hot Dog Day #20
May 5, 2004
:|
I don't have a camera right now, but mine looks a lot like this one:

Fistboy
Oct 24, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

and

Almost $4,000 total.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die
Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
I'm having Chris Stambaugh build me a 5 string bass heavily inspired by this:

but 34" scale, a slightly different body style, Nordstrand dual coils, and tighter spacing (similar in feel to a 5-string stingray.)

I'm hoping and praying it's done by summer.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

New basses aplenty!

Coming soon - Eastwood Club:

And $75 in strings from JustStrings...

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

juan chaos posted:

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

I've got a Line 6 EchoPark. Can yours do this?

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

Yoozer posted:

I've got a Line 6 EchoPark. Can yours do this?

No, but I guess if I ever need to play the intro to Dire Strait's "Money for Nothing" I know where to look.

The DM-3 isn't all that impressive actually. I spent a lot of time going between a Boss DD-2 and the DM-3 and they're not too different.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

juan chaos posted:

No, but I guess if I ever need to play the intro to Dire Strait's "Money for Nothing" I know where to look.

The DM-3 isn't all that impressive actually. I spent a lot of time going between a Boss DD-2 and the DM-3 and they're not too different.

Except for the wonderful fact that it's an analog delay. Digital delays have their place, but there's nothing like the warmth of good ol' bucket-brigade electronics.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Nick Freedom posted:

Sup T50C buddy. Those are indeed the loudest 50 watt amps I have ever experienced. I love mine to death. Rock solid too. I took mine out for a month long tour, and it didn't skip a beat the whole time.

My next purchase: A Gibson Les Paul Special or Junior, or a close knock-off of the model. I have been eyeballing some auctions, and I am thinking a black LP Special, single-cut, two P-90's, tortoise shell pickguard, and amber knobs. It's gonna be my fun guitar. Now, if I just win the auction I'm watching, my little dream guitar will be mine.
Think the black Billy Joe model, but with two non-dog-ear P-90's:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I'm getting another guitar, and I'm thinking an ibanez S-prestiege is how I'll go. I like my explorer, but it weighs as much as a small car.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Well, technically I bought it (with my ebay account and paypal) but it's my roommate's money...

upgraded with a Celestion speaker and a volume box so he can play it with the tubes heated at a lower volume while practicing at home.

Innovation Leader
Apr 26, 2003

schrag posted:

Sup T50C buddy. Those are indeed the loudest 50 watt amps I have ever experienced. I love mine to death. Rock solid too. I took mine out for a month long tour, and it didn't skip a beat the whole time.

Those are some drat fine rigs. Too bad it's hard as hell to find Sunn cabs. :(

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

I just picked up quite a number of toys myself. Not sure why except when it rains it pours I guess.

Korg Electribe SX. Friend of mine had this and fried it in a lightning storm. Even though it was under warranty, he didn't feel like dealing with it, so he sold it to me for $250. I just need to wait til Korg sends it back to me! I never would have bought one normally, but I think this will be loads of fun, and maybe just what I need so I can start actually performing my MIDI drums instead of programming them.

Boss Mt-2. Cheap distortion pedal, but with this guy's mods installed. I'm not really a guitarist, but I have a little Fender Squier I bought last year and I've been meaning to learn some basic rhythm stuff, but the onboard distortion on my crappy little amp really blows. I've heard that this pedal with these mods is actually extremely versatile. Even if it doesn't get me to start messing with guitar, I can at least use it for outboard stuff (like my favorite trick - programming MIDI guitar and then outsourcing it to a pedalboard and amp w/mic).

Furman PB40. Just picked up two of these. My home studio's turned into a monster, and I had to do something to tame it! Yeah, I spent another couple hundred on snake cables too. It'll make life so much easier though!

E-mu e6400. I actually got this a couple of months ago, but I'm still loving it, and finding new tricks it can do every time I sit down with it! I love hardware units. I just find them so much more intuitive and conducive to creativity than software samplers! I had to order tons of extra stuff to get it to do what I wanted though.

Alesis Studio24. My old cheap mixer died, so I had to buy a new cheap mixer to replace it. The old one was a 10 channel Edirol travesty of a mixer that was never really dependable from day one. From the reviews I've read, this one has some pretty lovely pre-amps, but should hold up. Good thing I don't want a board for pre-amps anyways! It's basically something to mix all my synths in, and playback from my computer, as well as an easy volume control and talkback system. This one's bound to be better than the old one, not to mention that it's got much better routing options AND is an inline board (definate plus for computer recording). Hell, it might even have a useful EQ since it has sweepable mids.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Justus posted:

E-mu e6400. I actually got this a couple of months ago, but I'm still loving it, and finding new tricks it can do every time I sit down with it! I love hardware units. I just find them so much more intuitive and conducive to creativity than software samplers! I had to order tons of extra stuff to get it to do what I wanted though.

Niiiiice! You've looked into this, too?

I've had (still have, but stowed away on the attic somewhere) an ESI-4000 but it doesn't touch the higher-level ones (no Z-plane, no beat munging, no .wav files).

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

FlossMan posted:

Except for the wonderful fact that it's an analog delay. Digital delays have their place, but there's nothing like the warmth of good ol' bucket-brigade electronics.

Gotta be honest though, this doesn't sound all too different. It's probably not worth the price difference.

FreakingNeo
Jun 25, 2003

Night Rhythms
Got myself a Ibanez Artcore AK86 DVS 3 weeks ago and I love it

and the case for it arrived 2 days ago

I couldn't be happier

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Yoozer posted:

Niiiiice! You've looked into this, too?

I've had (still have, but stowed away on the attic somewhere) an ESI-4000 but it doesn't touch the higher-level ones (no Z-plane, no beat munging, no .wav files).

I've noticed it, but hadn't REALLY looked at it before. I'm kind of curious now. Do you know if it'll actually let me read and manipulate EOS-formatted discs from Windows? Because that would be the sexiest thing EVER! EOS itself won't even let you copy folders! You have to either backup entire discs at a time (which is impossible if you're trying to get something off a 9GB hard drive) or load all the presets you can into memory and save custom banks. ugh!

If I get this, I suppose it means I'd need to finally find a SCSI card for my PC that works. I have an Adaptec 2940AU around here, but last time I had it in, it wouldn't actually recognize any new devices. It would just act as if nothing was attached to it, regardless of ID or termination settings.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Nick Freedom posted:

Those are some drat fine rigs. Too bad it's hard as hell to find Sunn cabs. :(
So true, so true. I lucked out on the 1x12 to match the T50C. $150 on eBay. The 4x12 I have had for years. The concert slave is gone. Replace that with a Model T head, and thats my set-up.

I need another 4x12 so bad. Avatar makes fine cabs, but they look so wimpy next to my Sunn cabinet.

Innovation Leader
Apr 26, 2003

schrag posted:

So true, so true. I lucked out on the 1x12 to match the T50C. $150 on eBay. The 4x12 I have had for years. The concert slave is gone. Replace that with a Model T head, and thats my set-up.

I need another 4x12 so bad. Avatar makes fine cabs, but they look so wimpy next to my Sunn cabinet.

Good luck on finding a 4x12. I've been checking Ebay every day for about two months now (I think I've become obsessed), and it's pretty rare for even 2x12 to show up. If they do, they usually want an insane amount for shipping. Although I've been considering buying the Beta 2x12 they have for my Beta Lead. But my cash flow is telling me no.

I'm amazed I even found the T50C, it was just hanging out at a guitar shop in the slums, collecting dust. :(

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

wassail yall posted:

Well, technically I bought it (with my ebay account and paypal) but it's my roommate's money...

upgraded with a Celestion speaker and a volume box so he can play it with the tubes heated at a lower volume while practicing at home.

Just bought one of these myself, today. I took my e-mandolin with me and tried it and a Deville out, and preferred this, at least partly for the weight. If I need more sound, I have a second amplifer cabinet with 2 Vintage 30s I can plug in. If I actually need more sound, that is. This amp is incredibly loud, and just now I cranked it up (on the clean channel) and got the best overdriven distorted sound I've ever gotten on an amplifier.

They're not the most expensive out there, but I really like this thing's tone.

Walter fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 10, 2006

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Walter posted:

Just bought one of these myself, today. I took my e-mandolin with me and tried it and a Deville out, and preferred this, at least partly for the weight. If I need more sound, I have a second amplifer cabinet with 2 Vintage 30s I can plug in. If I actually need more sound, that is. This amp is incredibly loud, and just now I cranked it up (on the clean channel) and got the best overdriven distorted sound I've ever gotten on an amplifier.

They're not the most expensive out there, but I really like this thing's tone.

I also have one of these, and oh my god they can get so loud. I get a really good clean sound out of it without it being too quiet either. I didn't really buy it for the overdrive, but rather for the improved bass responce. But oh my, once I turn it at like 6 and it starts to breakup, and I click the Big Muff on? AAAAAAAAAH :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Noise Machine posted:

I also have one of these, and oh my god they can get so loud. I get a really good clean sound out of it without it being too quiet either. I didn't really buy it for the overdrive, but rather for the improved bass responce. But oh my, once I turn it at like 6 and it starts to breakup, and I click the Big Muff on? AAAAAAAAAH :gizz:

My roommate/guitarist in my band was absolutely set on getting the Celestion speaker. I'm glad he was able to find one. The volume-box was a nice bonus too. The only downside, if it can even be called one is that it's MiM instead of a US model, but he really didn't seem to care.