Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Out for delivery now-

:woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Mr JinX posted:

Out for delivery now-

:woop:

Where'd you get that? That's pretty loving badass, I want one :shobon:

Scarf fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 9, 2007

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Its an Ibanez Artcore AXF74, les paul sized but fully hollow-bodied
They are apparently extremely rare in the US- I had to email around and call about 20 shops specializing in used guitars before I found this one for $275 shipped- the last one that sold on ebay went for $400

edit- I got it from Music-Go-Round in Kentucky

Mr JinX fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 9, 2007

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Mr JinX posted:

Its an Ibanez Artcore AXF74, les paul sized but fully hollow-bodied
They are apparently extremely rare in the US- I had to email around and call about 20 shops specializing in used guitars before I found this one for $275 shipped- the last one that sold on ebay went for $400

Nice. I love the look of it... has the profile of a delta-blues acoustic. Looks like it's perfect for slide, and we all know how crazy I am about slide guitar :)

Time to start the hunt!

*blows fox horn*

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Thats also the only color it come in too, and I am hoping it will fit in a generic les paul sized case.
I am going to play doom on it :q:
As an aside, I know the Roland Cube is well regarded around these parts, does anyone have the 30X and if so is it worthwhile?

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

Noise Machine posted:

I'm lazy, but I just got a DD-20 Gigadelay.

23 seconds of looping feedback textures never sounded so AWESOME or sprawling.

I played through one of those the other day. If it wasn't for the fact that I pretty much know I wouldn't use anything but the modulated delay function, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

The one I saw was cheaper than the EHMMD - pricetag said $179.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

poxin posted:

I sold the rest of mine because I will never play them. (Mine is in trans blue burst.)

Isn't the entire guitar shaped from one solid piece of wood, or am I mistaken? I've never seen one in person and if I could have any guitar in the world it would be a Parker Fly.

Watson Your Back, Holmes
Jan 5, 2005

Engine Fortegue posted:

Isn't the entire guitar shaped from one solid piece of wood, or am I mistaken? I've never seen one in person and if I could have any guitar in the world it would be a Parker Fly.

They are no doubt one of the most comfortable guitars to play.

HellaRob
Jan 8, 2007
Be a man, Hulk!

CandyCain&Abel posted:

hell yes (squier vintage modified 70's jazz bass)

I just picked one of those up on Friday. I keep forgetting I'm playing a Squier. Even plugged into a compressor and run into a PA it sounds awesome.

In the past two months I've also picked up a Novation Nova and Novation ReMote 49 LE. My synth setup is pretty awesome, I'd say.

AtomicManiac
Dec 29, 2006

I've never been a one trick pony. I like to have a competency in everything. I've been to business school.
I was originally thinking:

But I'm trying to save for a car, so my next purchase will be a new pedal as motivation to loose some weight, probably a modded Metal Zone, or maybe a delay pedal or chorus pedal of some kind.

Graveheart
Oct 21, 2005
Straight wholesale from Jackson's AZ factory, behold!

My first string thru guitar. It took some getting used to and repositioning of the right hand, but plays like a beast.

Shryke
Jan 11, 2007

My latest purchase is the lovely KORG controller keyboard at the back. The KORG legacy collection runs through on my laptop is awesome, if I take a wire out of the synth, it comes out on the screen. It's an 81% size version of the original MS-20.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.
My new baby :cool:

thats on backorder for 90 days :smith:

5 internet points to the first person who figures out whats special about it. aside from the fact that it is beautiful.

Big Wreck
Feb 8, 2004

Captain Organ posted:

5 internet points to the first person who figures out whats special about it. aside from the fact that it is beautiful.

I assume the 'special' quality is that it's a baritone which it says on the headstock...

Shryke
Jan 11, 2007

Walter posted:

I played through one of those the other day. If it wasn't for the fact that I pretty much know I wouldn't use anything but the modulated delay function, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

The one I saw was cheaper than the EHMMD - pricetag said $179.

Bought mine for about £190 when it came out, perhaps that's about 350 dollars or something?. It's simply the best delay you can have, apart from one odd thing, the warp sounds better on a DD-6.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Captain Organ posted:

Sup Jaguar Special black-and-chrome buddy!

It plays like a beauty. Run it through a big muff pedal and I dare you not to :gizz: at your first chord.

Watson Your Back, Holmes
Jan 5, 2005

Shryke posted:

My latest purchase is the lovely KORG controller keyboard at the back. The KORG legacy collection runs through on my laptop is awesome, if I take a wire out of the synth, it comes out on the screen. It's an 81% size version of the original MS-20.

EEEE!!! Did you find this new somewhere? I saw this on zzounds i think, but then they sold out or something. Is the software decent?

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!
Just got mics and a mixer for my drumset!! Here is me recording something:

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
my brother and I just got gibson double neck guitars for christmas, it says les paul on the headstock, but its clearly an SG body, i dont know, it still looks and sounds sick.

juicy_J
Jun 25, 2004
I.O.U. one gmail invite

RizieN posted:

my brother and I just got gibson double neck guitars for christmas, it says les paul on the headstock, but its clearly an SG body, i dont know, it still looks and sounds sick.

Wow! What year? As for the Les Paul on the headstock, the SG body style was orignally just another Les Paul signature model. I'm not sure when and why they started calling them SGs.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Captain Organ posted:

Nice. Jaguars of all type kick rear end. I got to play one of the barritone Jaguars with the actual Jaguar pickups in it. They're pretty awesome. Speaking of Jaguar pickups, I'm probably going to buy one of these pretty soon:
I played one of these a couple weeks ago and it's has a pretty cool and unique sound with the 3 Jaguar pickups. It was a very comfortable and easy playing guitar too.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I love all the crazy poo poo Fender pumped out to catch the surf-rock wave (no pun intended) back in the 1960's. I :love: my Jazzmaster.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

juicy_J posted:

Wow! What year? As for the Les Paul on the headstock, the SG body style was orignally just another Les Paul signature model. I'm not sure when and why they started calling them SGs.

I think originally they were Les Paul "Solid-Guitar" models. Later just "SG" for short.

triteon
Feb 20, 2005

I got this in September or maybe October. I'm getting some nice sounds out of it.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Minto Took posted:

I love all the crazy poo poo Fender pumped out to catch the surf-rock wave (no pun intended) back in the 1960's. I :love: my Jazzmaster.

Yeah I really love that Cyclone II because you can get some really awesome surf sounds out of it like a jaguar, but can also turn on and off the pickups in different configurations to get to get really good tones for heavier stuff.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Mugendai posted:

Yeah I really love that Cyclone II because you can get some really awesome surf sounds out of it like a jaguar, but can also turn on and off the pickups in different configurations to get to get really good tones for heavier stuff.

I only regret trading in my Cyclone for my first Jazz Bass because said bass got stolen. :(

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Captain Organ posted:

No upper horn control, toggle switch pickup control, baritone HH? What so special?

triteon posted:

I got this in September or maybe October. I'm getting some nice sounds out of it.

Is that vintage or AVRI?

Paulness
Dec 22, 2002
a strange day.

Captain Organ posted:

I like it. I went to buy a Jag today at my local shithole music shop, but it was gone, so I got a cheapo 70's tele instead, which I will eventually turn into a beast of a guitar through the magic of new parts.

I'll post pictures when it's not 4am.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

RizieN posted:

The answer lies in Warman's Vintage Guitars Field Guide.

Page Two Hundred And Ten posted:

During the 60s, more guitar players were familiar with Gibson's SG series, which replaced the earlier Les Paul series that was discontinued around the beginning of that decade. The SGs were originally called Les Pauls as well, but had a very different style, and Paul's endorsement was withdrawn soon after the new style was introduced. The short-lived models that had the new body style but that still bore a Les Paul model name are known by both names to collectors.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.
Getting one of these in a couple days (I think, if things work out right).

It's a Roland SDE 2500 delay/modulation unit. I've already got an SDE1000, but it's not MIDI controllable, and I want to be able to run everything from my floorboard.

So, I'm picking up the 2500, as well as this:

The Axess Electronics guitar router/switcher. I plan on running my Ground Control into the MIDI-thru connection of this, and out to my A3 and the Roland, which will be on separate loops, so I can route to one or the other, or both.

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law

Graveheart posted:

Straight wholesale from Jackson's AZ factory, behold!

My first string thru guitar. It took some getting used to and repositioning of the right hand, but plays like a beast.

I like that a lot. I want to get one like it for my next guitar purchase in a couple years.

Tim Curry Favor
Apr 3, 2005

~*your troubles are all the same*~
I just bought this a couple weeks ago and I love it ever so:

Archr5
Sep 26, 2003

Trying desperately to be popular since 1982.
Yay I got my first guitar,

signing up for lessons next week!

Shryke
Jan 11, 2007

Watson Your Back, Holmes posted:

EEEE!!! Did you find this new somewhere? I saw this on zzounds i think, but then they sold out or something. Is the software decent?

Yeah, they stopped making them at some point. I got this off ebay. The software is excellent, on-screen versions of the MS-20 and Polysix. The fact that you can combine the two makes this feel like something really special.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
I just bought a PodXT and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

I've heard lots of great things, I just hope the learning curve isn't as steep as some people make it out to be.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

The Dark Wind posted:

I've heard lots of great things, I just hope the learning curve isn't as steep as some people make it out to be.

Hate to tell you, but the curve is pretty steep. Granted, not impossible, just make sure to set aside an afternoon or two to learn the thing. It comes with some decent presets out of the box, but it really sounds amazing when you learn how to work each amp model properly.

That said, you made a good purchase, grasshopper.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

The Dark Wind posted:

These are fantastic, don't worry about the learning curve. If you're like most techie musicians, you figure stuff out by "fiddlin'" and not the manual. You can learn an XT in about 6 hours if you don't play and just explore. I used one of these instead of an amp when I was in the worship band at church, and I got it down after a couple sundays.

The optional foot-board is worth every penny.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Any heavily important tips that I might want to keep in mind while fiddling around, or is it all just mess around and play with it? I'll have most of tomorrow to try it out, provided it doesn't arrive too late during the day.

anarmyofnone
Jul 17, 2006

Bought the Hello Kitty a few months ago; laugh all you want, after redoing the hardware, wiring, and pickup, this thing is gonna be sweet (and cheap).

Ordered the Ibanez this morning, I've wanted one of these for a while, and the price just dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fog
Oct 10, 2004

-I spent the whole day trying to pull a peanut from that heater vent. Turns out it was just a moth. -How was it? -Dry.

anarmyofnone posted:

Bought the Hello Kitty a few months ago; laugh all you want, after redoing the hardware, wiring, and pickup, this thing is gonna be sweet (and cheap).

Ordered the Ibanez this morning, I've wanted one of these for a while, and the price just dropped.

I'm not laughing. I love it! I'm by no means a Hello Kitty fan, but just the fact that it looks all girl-like and sounds like a beast is cool in my book :) pretty badass