Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die
Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

Yoozer posted:

I've got a Line 6 EchoPark. Can yours do this?

No, but I guess if I ever need to play the intro to Dire Strait's "Money for Nothing" I know where to look.

The DM-3 isn't all that impressive actually. I spent a lot of time going between a Boss DD-2 and the DM-3 and they're not too different.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

FlossMan posted:

Except for the wonderful fact that it's an analog delay. Digital delays have their place, but there's nothing like the warmth of good ol' bucket-brigade electronics.

Gotta be honest though, this doesn't sound all too different. It's probably not worth the price difference.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

schrag posted:

Found my new love:

It will be mine.

So jealous

this is what I'm getting pretty soon. Anybody wanna guess what it is? (The site won't help you)

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

FlossMan posted:

A juicer? I know I sometimes wish I had delicious, fresh orange juice when playing onstage...

It's a clone of a pedal that's not discontinued and had a really limited run in the first place.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

FlossMan posted:

With the arrival of my PedalTrain and the Pedal Power... it's finally complete!

Have you tried mounting the PP2 to the underside of the pedaltrain jr? I've seen a few pictures of some really good mods to the PTjr that makes it look very sleek.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die
It's an awesome setup though. I think the OCD runs on 18v right? I think the PP2 can put out 18v.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

FlossMan posted:

Right now it's at 12v (along with the tube screamer) while I'm waiting for the y-cable that will let me chain two 9v ports together. :D But it sounds better at 12 than at 9... I can only imagine how awesome 18 will sound.

I've been told that running the pedal at 18v increases the headroom and contains the same sort of gain texture you would get if you were to seriously crank your amp. Something that a lot of dirt pedals suffer from is totally flubbing out when you crank your amp, but the OCD at 18v is supposed to retain a low-volume quality as well.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die
Also keep in mind that your DD-6 and RV-5 are both stereo pedals. I forget what about the DD-6 makes it stereo, but I think it's capable of ping-pong delays or panning? If you can somehow utilize that, then put the Chorus before the Delay and run your rig in stereo.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

Lobster Johnson posted:

I've been eying off the Effector 13 range for my next pedal and whoop look what was just released:

"The octave fuzz from hell"

Happycat can sell me anything.

devi ever is a member of a private gear forum I also hang out at. s/he always hangs out there with us so I can email you the url if you want to hang out with a few boutique pedal builders. I saw the Godzilla pedal a few weeks ago and I rolled my eyes pretty hard at the happycat pedal but I think his/her other graphic designs are better.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

Zakalwe posted:

Tidy up your clothes young man or I'm confiscating your guitar gear :mad:

His shelves are remarkably neat. It could also be his "hamper corner" which I also have.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

I'm a big ol' slut lately.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die
It's a very high regarded overdrive pedal. It costs around $100 bucks but you have to wait a year. I skipped ahead of the line by buying one from a friend :ssh:

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die
I honestly thought that puppy was a feather duster for a minute.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

Fox Cunning posted:

My neighbour gave me this as a late graduation gift.

It needs some touching up but it's really cool to own a guitar built in my own country.
Apparently it belonged to some Tore Persson as you can see from the adress in the box, all attempts of contacting him has been fruitless though; it has probably been lying around in the box for 15-20 years or so. At least it will be used now!

Haha. I've tried a guitar like that before. Plays like a washboard and sounds like a banjo guitar hybrid but drat does it sound unique. The good kind of unique as well. The fretboard feels like I'm touching porcelian.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

External Organs posted:

1976 Fender Champ off of Craigslist. My first electric guitar amp...now I just need a guitar! :sweatdrop:

No excuses now!

Holy crap. You have an awesome vintage amp before you own a guitar? Congrats, that's a great amp and it's perfect for practicing. How much did you get it for?

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

WET BUTT posted:

And a BYOC clone of this being built

You'll love it. Make sure to adjust the internal voltage to match your guitar so it comes out at unity.

Here's mine (which I actually got last week along with my Catalinbread Serrano Picoso) on my pedalboard

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

WET BUTT posted:

Ha, I've seen your board on harmony central. It rules.

Yeah I can't wait till my VB-2 is finished. The ramp mode is what I'm definitely looking forward to.

Do you know where to put it in the chain in terms of modulation? I'm guessing after chorus.

I use Wah->VintageRat->HarmonicPercolator->BigMuff->SmallClone->EchoPark->65TRRI right now, so I guess before or after the clone. Or maybe it would sound rad before the Muff. No idea yet.

I think it depends a bit on how you're going to set it. At the slower settings, having it before dirt will make it lose a bit of definition in the warble. At higher settings, it'll be more pronounced obviously and won't be as lost. I've got mine after dirt because I switch between slower and faster settings.

As far as whether to place it before or after Chorus, I imagine it'll be to personal taste over anything else. I imagine perhaps after chorus so you don't get lots of pitch vibrato craziness in the higher settings of the Small Clone (which I remember can get that really detuned chorus sound).

I hope you enjoy it. My friend Dave built mine and he had a hell of a time. It's one of the harder BYOC builds and he actually had to bring it to his work where he has better tools for the job.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

drat I love vintage Boss pedals.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

WET BUTT posted:

Tascam Portastudio 424 mkIII used for 80 bucks. It's really suprisingly easy to use and sounds great with bands. It's also massive. Like way bigger than in that person's picture.

drat. For 80 bucks that's a great deal. I used to use Tascams a lot when bands asked me to record their jams. Very easy to set up quickly and just hit record.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

WET BUTT posted:

Someone cancel Thanksgiving so this arrives sooner

I'm a crazy maniac when it comes to buying new pedals but you're making me feel moderately restrained. Although I have 3 pedals in the mail right now.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

Susano-maku da! posted:

Devi != dude

Every time we called devi a dude on harmony central she used to throw a little hissy fit about it and dragged the whole gender reassignment thing at us like crazy. Just something to keep in mind next time you ever talk to her.

Anywhoo, this is my newest gear purchase, straight from Finland.

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

Susano-maku da! posted:

I would make a snarky remark, but then look how ambiguous my name is.

What the hell kind of pedal is that and what does it sound like?

It's a BJF Honey Bee. It's supposed to sound like an old Supro amp being cranked but it sounds a lot like a really goosed up tweed amp. The nature knob boosts the lower-mids to the upper-mids so it sounds absolutely insane and cutting through a cranked amp. Pretty expensive poo poo but I've never enjoyed a pedal more. Stacks up really well with my Cochrane Timmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juan chaos
Sep 3, 2006
Let It Die

WET BUTT posted:

MIJ, mid 90s, 650 shipped with Seymour Duncan pickups installed and a Mustang bridge and a buzzstop(that I'll probably remove); great deal. Can't wait for it to get here; I've been dying for the low-sustain sound and it should go great with my SG. It seems like a really spacey and psychedelic instrument!

Also if I ever stop writing songs I could just sit and play the solo from Foxhole for the rest of my life.

Whoa, did you get that from omor)))) from haunting mids or harmony central? That's freaky. Didn't think the two places I post in ever overlapped like that.