Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Nothing terribly fancy, but it'll work decently for practicing without angering sleeping people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Booyah- posted:

sup yamaha broadbass buddy :cheerdoge:

i love mine so much

There are three of us? Hooray!

skooma512 posted:

Got a Yamaha BB234 in natural. The wood grain is so choice, I can't believe this is a beginner instrument.

The setup out of the box is pretty much perfect as is. The strings are even pretty new and I don't feel like it needs a change quite yet.

I'm still getting used to how big it is versus my guitars. The headstock is enormous and I could probably use this to paddle a canoe lol. It's balanced nicely though, no neck dive.

It does take a bit of adjusting to a full-scale bass, but I've been happy with mine. Using the Simandl technique for fretting has been really helpful. I have managed to bang the headstock into my ceiling a few times though causing one of the tuners to loosen and start rattling. :doh:

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

After hemming and hawing most of the summer, I ended up with a Squier Jazzmaster. Checked a lot of the right boxes (single coil pickups, brown fretboard), and it doesn't look half bad. I don't mind the neck finish on this nearly as much as I have some other Squiers either. I might even like it. Anyway...

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

I think we ought to have a raffle if you can’t come around to it. I’d ante up, Carth Dookie.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

For the longest time I didn't get the appeal of Danelectros, but one of my friends is a devotee, so I finally decided to get one of my own:

And yes, it's a 12-string:

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Yeah, they had one with a humbucker and P90 as well, but I figured I’d try the true Dano experience with the lipsticks. So far so good.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

muike posted:

I was planning on grabbing one of those pro-mods with the roasted maple neck but I've got enough super strats to keep me occupied for a while.

Get a super Tele.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

muike posted:

If you make it super is it even a Tele anymore? besides, my Tele is "super" enough to me!!

That’s a question for the ages. I love me a tummy cut, but I ought to join the Tele party one way or another one of these days.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

I approve. My Gretsch lust rages now.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

beer gas canister posted:

Another happy CVC owner here, have fun! The previous owner put a black pickguard on and it's slick as hell

Black is what I was going to suggest. The one I had came with a black pick guard too, maybe it's even yours.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

I’ll just chime in and echo that Duesenbergs are awesome and I’d never even considered the idea of owning a hollow or semi-hollowbody guitar until I played one.

It’s got me curious too. Do they sound any different or is it more how the guitar feels?

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Those rule. Just a few knobs too.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Ah, I thought it was an AC4, but that onboard tremolo and spring reverb is sweet.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

I miss my Digiverb dearly. Lots of great modes and tons of reverb in all of them. Bummer about the Behringer, but at least the SF is a good clone.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

That thing's a beaut, and I love the Squier too. Why pick a camp (Jazz or Precision) when you can be in both, you know?

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

drat. I haven’t seen that Squier Jazz before. That’s one funky monkey.

My only claim to legitimacy in this argument is my Yamaha BB234, which is a PJ. That and I swear I’d have a P and a J if I didn’t spend as much as I do on guitars.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Huxley posted:

I love those Yamaha PJs, they're such a visual upgrade over the one in this picture:

Next to my new Cordoba C5. I was back and forth on the C3M and the C5, but it turned out my local mom-and-pop store had one more C5 new in the box. It came with a gig bag, an initial setup and "lifetime free setups" in case I get squeamish about turning my own truss rod, I guess.

I've got the Hal Leonard book coming tomorrow, no clue how far it'll take me. I was able to sit down and get through this:

https://www.guitarnick.com/study-in-e-minor-gangi-guitar-tab.html

in about an hour of distracted practice. VERY excited about moving all my acoustic jazz stuff over to it. I am VERY happy with this decision so far.

e: I guess I also need to fiddle with a stack of books to see what height I need for a footstool, then build one.

Hehe, yeah that's the class 00's bass shape, isn't it? Anyway, those Cordoba C series are legit, and so is classical guitar. I really like that you play what are "full" musical pieces. And if you're not really interested in building a footstool, they are easy enough to come by: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WTRFSM...&pd_rd_wg=6VzGu

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

That binding is something else. I'd say you did alright, but I'm a sucker for old Japanese classical guitars. I always found the lack of fret markers a little disorienting, but you get used to it.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

I’d try it on my Jaguar. I keep popping the E off its slot when really digging in, but I should try at least 10-52s first.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Siivola posted:

Fender guitars used to ship with 12s, so good luck. One thing you can try is, take it in for a setup and ask them to shim the neck and raise the bridge. That should increase break angle without using gadgets that press the strings against the hardware. (Check out how everything drags on the edge of the bridge in the pic there.)

Sure, maybe I’ll try that instead. Not too late to return the dude either, but this sounds like something all modern Jags and JMs should have done at some point.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

widefault posted:

Got a second Hercules 5 guitar rack and added two extra neck yokes. Currently holding 7 Teles. Two more yokes on order since there is space to fit 9 and there are two more Teles to put onto it.

Rack #1 currently holds 3 SGs, an Epi Olympic, two Epi Coronets, and 3 Epi Wilshires. There's two more Coronets, but one is being sold and the other needs work, so no rack time for them.

Realistically, you'll only fit 9 if they're thinner bodies. Add a Les Paul and you're losing a spot, add an acoustic and you lost two.

Looks like you need one for your Strats too. I'll have to consider something similar with how many I've amassed too. I swear selling off my expensive guitars and buying a herd of less expensive ones was one of the best decisions I've made.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Lawen posted:

That's interesting, I've been thinking I need to do the exact opposite. I have a half dozen old/cheap/crappy Fireflys and 90s Squiers lying around that I never play and if I sold them all I could probably get another pretty nice guitar that I'd actually play. And I've also been thinking about selling a bunch of pedals and getting an AxeFX. I wonder if we're all damned to this weird cycle of gear minimalism/maximalism.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly it. I will accept it for what it is though, as I sold a Music Man Stingray and was able to get two G&Ls (a Tribute Legacy and a Doheny) as well as a Squier Starcaster. They were all pretty good deals, so that helped. If it makes you feel any better, I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm trying to find my balance in this life is how I look at it.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

It looks alright to me. Keep the old one, and you can switch it up when you get tired of it.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Just play, friend.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

drat I want a Hondo now.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Congratulations to you both. Nice find on the RG’s twin, Dr. Faustus. The M13 and all that are some good gets too, brushwad.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Nice, Boss still has the manual out there too. Some nice light reading material for later. My ME-80 is similarly sturdy, and I should really read up on that thing too. Still don’t know how to use the patches. :(

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

That’s one hell of a lineup. What you plugging into all the cabs?

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

drat. That’s a great collection too.

nitsuga fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 21, 2022

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

My first Epiphone!

I’m at a bit of a loss identifying exactly what model it is, so if anyone is up for the challenge go right ahead.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Ah, the Grovers threw me off, but I guess they did have them on earlier models. I think it's a plain old G-400, but one of the tone pots does seem to protrude more than the other.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

That’s the ticket I’m pretty sure. Switch tip matches and everything too. Maybe I should go play it now. :-/

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

The brown is cool in my book, but I too ended up buying one last year in the “natural” finish. They’re great really. I wouldn’t want to rewire the thing, but it’s handled everything I’ve thrown at it without fuss.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

I hope it works out. The Starcaster club is pretty cool. Note to self I really should learn a thing or two about setting up guitars.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Nice! The Cordoba Mini is certifiably badass too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

TheKub posted:

I've been experimenting a little. Behold my shame! I'm a piper now.

Cool pipes! Don’t let the haters get you down.