Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I'm getting another guitar, and I'm thinking an ibanez S-prestiege is how I'll go. I like my explorer, but it weighs as much as a small car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Toasta posted:

With a different headstock, but you get the idea. Waiting on my tax return!

I think that beats out BC rich in the "ridiculous metal bodystyle" department :v:

edit: I'd be afraid to even pick that up, my explorer has enough gouges in it from the stupid extension getting slammed into random poo poo.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 31, 2007

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Just recieved word that this will finally be shipping:

Schecter 006 Blackjack. Seymour Duncan JB/59s, coil tap, 24 frets. I can't loving wait.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 5, 2007

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

belikeron posted:

If I could have gotten that silver hardware on my epiphone explorer I would have easily gone for the black over the natural finish. Gold hardware on black guitars look like poo poo.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Engine Fortegue posted:

Those pickups look great but I can't think of one loving reason to ever play in drop A ever ever ever ever

I know Nile plays in drop A, and a few other metal bands probably do as well. If you're going to do drop A why not get a baritone though? ESP makes some nice baritones. The all dull black finish of the LTD MHB-400 is drat pretty and it comes with EMGs.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I've had these for a few months now but I never posted them for some reason.

Schecter 006 Blackjack

Pod XT

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Handen posted:

I'm leaving for the big city tomorrow to find one of these...

You mean to tell me my dream guitar actually exists?

100% seriousness, I drew up sketches of a reverse flying V in high school. I wanted one SO BADLY.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Zakalwe posted:

Zoom Tri-Metal TM-01.

Jesus this thing has a lot of gain. It also has a nice bottom end unlike other metal pedals which are boxes of fizz. Solid metal construction, true bypass and probably the least noisiest distortion pedal I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Welcome to the club. I got a tri-metal when they were still in production and I love it for getting absolutely ridiculous distortion. It won't do anything but metal, but it does metal well.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Chalupa Joe posted:

After being a bass player on and off (mostly off) for the best part of 15 years, I broke down and finally got a guitar

A left-handed Schecter S-1 Blackjack.

Now mostly I'm a metal guy... However that didn't stop me from turning the reverb up on the amp, pulling the coil tap out on the guitar, playing twelve bar blues, and mumbling "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash" for an hour.

I'd describe my skill level as "beginner", but drat, this thing just sings.

I hope you like cleaning things. I love my 007 Blackjack, but god loving damnit does it ever get dusty and scratch easily. I have a million little microscratches on my guitar.

What do you think of the 59 on the blackjack? I love the JB, but I find the 59 reminds me way too much of the neck pickup on my explorer, mostly just mud no matter how I try to tweak my pod/amp.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

That's loving beautiful. I've pretty much hated every les paul finish I've seen, but I would kill for that guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Thoogsby posted:

Is that an 81/60 combo in a tele? :pwn:

Why do people make Sliptknot signature models.

For a signature model that is actually not bad. No huge logos, stupid inlays, ugly graphics, etc. Hell, not even a signature on the headstock. And you know every guitar company hands out signatures like candy.