Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
Not technically my purchase. Purchased for me, by my parents. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Found one of these used at GC yesterday, an Ibanez SRX700. One of the higher end, neck-through Ibanez basses for just $315, I almost poo poo myself. It was missing two knobs but I asked if they had any that would fit the shaft and they said they would try to find matching knobs and give them to me for free.

I just love the look of it, it's kind of got an Ibanez-meets-Leo Fender feel to it, and it's in the awesome honey burst finish pictured.

It's my birthday present from my parents, we're going to pick it up today. :awesome:

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Crustashio posted:

I think that beats out BC rich in the "ridiculous metal bodystyle" department :v:

That thing is almost the Doctor Weird "Flying W" from ATHF. What the gently caress is that thing even?

Oh, a Moser Bastard V. Those are the silliest loving things I've ever seen. Sillier than the Dean not-pointy-enough-put-points-onto-the-points Razorback.

PenguinBob fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 31, 2007

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Peavey MAX 700, got one on ebay for $400 + shipping, and then probably

an Avatar B410 NEO or maybe a

B212 NEO instead. Probably the 410 first and then a 212 later for the full stack.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

mofolotopo posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out which one of those is sillier.

Obviously the megatar is. Those crazy percussion instruments that you never see outside of an elementary school music room have limited utility, but goddamn are they fun. I remember this single contrabass xylophone bar I saw at TMEA last year that was like two feet long and sounded a pitch lower than my bass can probably go, it was loving awesome.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

jasonvoorhees posted:

just got this last week:

Is that a fretless, flame maple fingerboard? I don't think I've ever seen such a thing.

I really love the spalt top though. It's a lovely bass and if you ever find yourself needing to hide from predators in the forest you could just hide behind it!

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Tuvoe posted:

I'm saving up so that I can get either one of these by the end of the summer.

Any P-bass that costs as much as a 'wick costs too much.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Occupy Japan posted:

Lower-end Warwick, MIA P-Bass.

New Fenders are overpriced. :colbert:

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

crud junction posted:

Booya 999 from bass central... I love it. Really comfortable coming from a 5 string spector.

I really like that color.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

UberNoke posted:

What is this? It looks like a regular precision bass but with an extra pickup from the Big Block Precision. The fourth knob leads me to think it's active? If it were passive I would love to purchase one of these to replace that humbucker with a Dark Star. Regardless, it's a great looking bass.

American Deluxe P-Bass. The Standard Deluxe has a J pickup at the bridge.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Cynicide posted:

I found this purple Double Fat Squier Strat at a used guitar store last weekend.

In relation to the recent discussion I plan to replace the scratchplate and fittings with gold ones.

Mmmm... purple on gold... tacky.

That's like the official color scheme of old-school pimps.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Hooray leftover financial aid! I'll be paying off Stafford loans until I'm 30 but by God I'll be enjoying myself in the meantime!

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Rode NT1000. It will be at my local GC in about a week. I also got the shockmount to go with it, along with a boom and a pop filter. It will be used to record my voice and my upright. Bitchin'.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
Oddly enough, thanks to a GBS thread making fun of the new facebook marketplace, I bought an old Yamaha F-35P from a girl at my school today. $80 with case, in great condition.

This is a different guitar, same model. Went and got some new strings for it, hopefully taking it in for a setup tomorrow after work. It's good to have a beater 6-string around.

PenguinBob fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 18, 2007

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

gregday posted:

It really is a cool look. And the quilting on this one is insane.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

w00trow wilson posted:

It's a neat idea, but I hope you're ready to pay through the nose for a pickup that "looks cool".

yeah, i think a matched pair is like $280 and individually they're $150 apiece. Make sure the sound is what you're looking for.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

IPickKenGriffeyJr posted:

Been playing bass for ~2 years, and in the next few weels i'll be picking up one of these:

Squier Vintage Modified Fretless

I heard that Squier's been getting better recently, and goddamn if that thing isn't sexy.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Street Spirit posted:

So I come home and open up to box and find: the monitors, a fast track audio interface, some m-audio condenser mic with stand, pro tools m-powered, and a ton of good cables. WTF... not bad for $80.

Gosh I hate you a lot right now

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
I'm looking to get one of these

Ibanez JTK2 JetKing II

and playing it through one of these

Fender Blues Jr.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

MrWeight posted:

It always looks like the alembic bass strings are welded right onto the bridge. Are they?

Golly no, that is an awful idea

I think they're string-thru.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

3toes posted:

Looks like a wrap-around tailpiece.

ah yeah, my mistake. i'm looking at alembic's site and they all seem to be wrap-around/quick-load type tailpieces.

on a related note, this is just way too many loving knobs.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

guitar center black friday fun time

it is in DIRE loving need of a setup tho.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Daenn posted:

golly, that is a pretty piece of wood.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Powerglove posted:

Stupid no interest for 15 months.....

Pod X3 Live and American Deluxe Tele- the tele plays like a dream and is sooo versatile. I always loved playing them in store and finally sold my SG to get the funding for one (with a heavy heart, but my Agile LP has me covered on the humbucker side). The new hotness ROCKS though.

that finish is purdy.

I'm lucky I have no credit because I probably would have gotten myself retarded in debt to GC and Sam Ash with that same as cash for 15 months deal. new highway 1 jazz bass? twin reverb? micro korg? don't mind if I do!

oh yeah, and this should be coming in the mail today.

anybody wanna buy a TS9 and/or a Marshall Guv'nor 2+? I think this will be better for the bass sound I'm looking for.

PenguinBob fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 20, 2007

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Antarctic Square posted:

Currently en route to my house:

Lefty Schecter C-1 Classic

Thank you, ebay.

am I wrong in thinking that that upper horn looks really, really huge? Or the lower cutaway is really, really deep?

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

cuppy posted:

some cheap stuff:

whoa, how much did you pay for those old EHX boxes?

and what the hell kind of guitar is that? it looks like the 70s bastard child of a mosrite and something that just makes no sense at all, I love it.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Engine Fortegue posted:

And what are those old EHX boxes?

well I looked them up. apparently the "muff fuzz" is exactly the same as the current Nano Muff, and the LPB is just a gain boost.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
I ordered a Hartke VXL Bass Attack (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BassAttack} but I think I may return it when it arrives. I want something that will bring out more upper harmonic content without sucking out low end like my TS-9 or full on distortion like my Big Muff, any ideas?

PenguinBob fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 6, 2008

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

DrChu posted:

Laser level, stud finder, and four hook things?

oic

what's that Ashdown pedal?

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

just bought this for no good goddamn reason at all. stupid internet making impulse purchases easy.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

FreakingNeo posted:

it's on backorder so its gonna take about a month but i just ordered this + ernie ball rock 'n roll strings for the 60's sound or some poo poo, thought they might fit the guitar well

what up just-bought-a-dano buddy :hfive:

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Laws posted:

Has yours arrived yet? I'm real close to getting a Dano Pro myself and I have some questions about the model for you when it comes.

no :(

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME :neckbeard:

I didn't notice it before but all the hardware has this really cool matte stainless finish. it's incredibly light, as well.

[edit] and I haven't taken the strap off my bass, but the buttons appear to be compatible with Schaller strap locks.

[edit 2] upon further investigation it seems that the toggle will not stay in the bridge pickup position :( I'll need to take a look at that.

PenguinBob fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 29, 2008

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
God help me, I can't stop buying things. By the time I graduate I am going to owe my limbs and firstborn child to the College Loan Corporation.

This is more or less what I bought on eBay today, a Crate Palomino V32. Imagine the "30" in this picture is a "32." And that someone tore it off the amp. It's one of the older models when the Palomino brand was still labeled as a Crate and had black tolex and grille cloth, and was made in the US. $300 including shipping.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Dr. Capco posted:

All of these beautiful toys caused me to go out and drop some cash on this baby:

Oh hey there Mr. Conklin GT4, your room will be ready in a week or so. :v:

I like the lines of it, the black hardware, and the quilt top looks great with that finish

but I cannot say I approve of the little mound where the output is :(

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

ZombiePeanut posted:

you should have gone with gold hardware

this monitor might be lovely but it looks gold to me...

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Livingston posted:

I just got the strat two Saturdays ago (it's an '08 American Standard). My first guitar was a Squier strat and I haven't had one since. That single coil sound is pretty great :banjo:

i'm more interested in that acoustic with two pickguards.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
three Tungsol 12AX7s, quad of Groove Tubes EL84s, and an Eminence Private Jack speaker for my Crate V32. More gain and a nicer, less-muddy speaker. Yippee.

Tubes are not very interesting to look at so I'll skip the pics of those.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
What's the need for two octave pedals? are you trying to make ears bleed, or trying to make bowels release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Philly Mansteak posted:

it's this one