Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Handen posted:

that blue one is hotter than the sun. is that smoked chrome hardware?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Geisladisk posted:

What the gently caress is that thing?

it's a little analog synthesizer guy but the pitch is controlled by a photocell (nose) instead of a keyboard or whatnot. Eye from Boredoms sometimes uses one.

i never really could figure out if the toggles were supposed to be little bunny-like arms or nipples, though, it kind of disturbs me.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
oh god oh god oh god
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150244286791&Category=4713&_trksid=p3907.m29

don't be thrown by the word "relic," the wear on this thing is real and it's like in the same town as me and aaaaaaaughhh why cant i afford it!!!

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER posted:

they really need to reissue this sexy beast :(

they did, but not in that color.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

CanuckBassist posted:

I've never seen a fretless guitar before. I imagine it'd be really difficult to do anything but simple chords and single notes.

i think bumblefoot has one.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
decided that i wanted to trade my Ibanez for something more traditional, so I got this:

put some Quarter Pounds in it, strung it with DR Lo Riders. It's nothing flashy, just a kickass little rocker.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Agreed posted:

I am basically not going to buy anything else again

pshhhh

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Hubis posted:

I love that body style (Natural wood with the "racing stripe" look)

the proper nomenclature is 'hippie sandwich'

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Uintathere posted:

Yes, ok that's Melodyne. I know some people here will hate pitch correction software no matter what, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm not a great singer (just LOOK at those blobs up there) and it's really great to do creative stuff with as well.

I think it's fun. I use it to make a robotic GLADOS voice for a radio show that I do.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

pennywisdom posted:

is there some angle trick going on here or are you like 8 feet tall?

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
the Planet Waves locking strap might look a little ugly to some people, but it works with any strap pin and works very well.

Daughter posted:

1996 Ibanez Iceman ICJ100WZ. Came with original case, all the tags and is in mint condition. This is the first Ibanez and first Floyd Rose I have owned and its a dickhead to tune. Anyone have any tips?

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

it's so completely dorky that it kind of circles back around to being cool again.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

pennywisdom posted:

Just bought a temp guitar for my trip to seattle.

how is that? i kind of like the funky jetsons look of that dano.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
my new bass is the VI-ness

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Dishman posted:

Wait what

Ok that whammy is between 1 and 2 right?

yerp. it's a standard jag/jazzmaster tremolo.

seat chafe posted:

I really want an extended scale guitar. Do you know how this one compares to the Schecter Hellcat VI?

i think they both have mini-HBs, though the eastwood's are pretending to be P90s. they sound pretty similar from the few demos I can find, so I went with the sidejack for its tremolo and its sexy mosrite body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Just curious, how do you feel about the upcoming Squier Bass VI?

the lack of matching headstocks is unfortunate. as is the lack of surf green.

but it's super cool that Squier is putting out an original layout VI at that price point, and if I hadn't caught a floor model of the Eastwood going for cheap, I'd probably have held out for the Squier. I'd definitely take it over the Argus.