Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

i wanna make it (wit chu)
its the end of the month and i'm not supposed to spend any money, but goddamnit, the RZA recorded the beats for the 36 chambers on one of these babies (Ensoniq EPS):

i found it at my local thrift store for a hundred bucks. bought it semi blindly, it came with no samples and i had to bust out my old internal floppy drive to write a demo image to see if it worked properly once i got it home. it did, but now i had to find a source of doubly obsolete double sided/double density floppy disks. a chance craigslist deal got me a box full of them on wednesday.

it's a simple sampler, figuring more and more out a day a time. my crappy four track recordings will no longer be lacking in the rhythm section. hurray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

this is not so much a purchase as it is finally putting a ton of separate purchases together and getting a working prototype out by the end of the weekend.

i present to you the inaugural stompbox in my newly established bedroom based guitar pedal company, Hubris.

A TS-808 tube screamer clone.

mandatory gut shot:

it was hastily assembled and will probably not leave my bedroom, but its "new" gear for me nonetheless. wasn't able to crank it tonight because i finished too late but tomorrow i will go to town on it.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

Gorilla Salsa posted:

This is pretty loving sweet. How much does that awesome-rear end enclosure cost you, and would you be willing to build me a Dr. Boogie inside of one?

the enclosure came from my university's surplus, i got a great deal on a box full of them and i'm probably going back for another box full in a couple weeks. in regards to dr. boogey, i will try to fit the six pots in the box, but it'll be tough. do you use 9v batteries or do you have an ac adapter? if you can spare using batteries, i can probably fit it all in there.

Hubis posted:

Out of curiosity, what'd you use to mill out the holes in that enclosure?

just a standard drill and a unibit. and occasional dremel tool to smooth out certain bumps. its a bit of a pain but i get by. what i really need is a drill press.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

the wizards beard posted:

Did you post that enclosure on diystompboxes? Looks familiar.

hehe, i did. this new pedal is on the pictures thread and i had the unmilled box in the creative enclosures thread. i have the same handle. nice to see another diy-er.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

Gorilla Salsa posted:

I use an AC adapter, but really, if you can just make me the Dr. Boogey in any enclosure, I'd be happy. I have no electronic knowledge beyond soldering pickups, and I want one so bad.

i'll make you one. i need the practice. i have hammond 1590bb enclosures that will house it nicely. like this:

Click here for the full 800x670 image.

to work out the details, email me at figgisfiddis@gmail.com

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

Agreed posted:

Up for one more? I've been wanting to try one of those myself, and depending on the details, as you say, I'd love to work something out perhaps?

alright, either way its better to etch two boards than just one. email me before we veer too far offtopic.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

Gorilla Salsa posted:

It's aliiiiiiiive!!!

(Okay, not really, I messed up the assembly process, but I'm sure burdt will respond to my email with helpful advice, even though I'd be pissed and frustrated if I were him)

holy crap, that's amazing. i hope you're able to get it to work. i really need to start painting my boxes. i just finished a mosrite fuzzrite and am about to box a tremolo, i'm still using the same funky looking boxes the tubescreamers were in. here's the fuzzrite:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

Craigslist deal $60 Indio Boardwalk. Responded to a $40 telecaster hollow body Glarry and I missed it. Mentioned I was in the market for a hollow body and he offered this guy up.

Really makes the Cordoba Mini II look mini.

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

nitsuga posted:

Nice! The Cordoba Mini is certifiably badass too.

Hey if you’re in socal it’s currently on Craigslist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burdt
Feb 28, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

There isn’t a day that goes by I don’t think about this amp. 😭

Where u at?

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/d/orange-aims-and-fender-tube-guitar-and/7732626691.html

Not my post, but I’ve seen this in my local CL for months.