Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
This just arrived.

1964 Harmony H59 Rocket III body and neck. Excellent shape, but has some marks in the finish from being stored with the coiled cord against the backside. I need to track down a proper tailpiece, but it will be getting the rest of the electronics and hardware from this..

1964 Harmony H59 Rocket III in the less popular brown sunburst, add-on Bigsby, and a cracked/worn finish.

The brown one will be getting later model pickups(~1967 "mustache" DeArmonds), a repro bridge, and better tuners, but nothing destructive that can't be changed back to original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

no dad im not gay! posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I was going to berate you for gutting what appears to be a fully-functioning but cosmetically worn instrument seemingly because you don't like the color but if you intend to put both to use then that's what matters most in the end. Good score! Maybe you should make a thread showing us the before and after! :)

I actually bought it because I could tell the ebay seller was parting one out. That pisses me off, way too many good guitars being parted out and more or less destroyed. There are few good Harmony Rockets left, so I figured I could "save" it from being hacked up any further.

The red one is getting "restored" because it does have a higher collector value than the sunburst. The sunburst will be non-destructively "upgraded" with the later version of the stock pickups and will have a more sane wiring setup. The original has tone and volume for each pickup with a 4 way switch. I'll probably do a master volume and tone with seperate switches for each pickup. It'll depend on what other ideas hit me for all those damned holes in the top.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Last purchase was this for my cherryburst Harmony Rocket.

Original tailpiece with screws, purchased from the guy I bought the body and neck from. Came off that guitar, too. I can even prove it.

See the red paint? Now look at the body.

Then this Tuesday I swapped the electronics and other hardware in from my brown sunburst Rocket. Added a smoked plexi pickguard that was on the sunburst one, need to get a repro of the original.

And let me say, transferring the electronics SUCKS. Everything has to come out of a hole under the selector switch, then be fed into the other body through the same hole. It was easy enough to get the volume and tone pots back in place(45 years in one place, sort of permanently shaped), but the output jack had to be shaken close to the hole, then grabbed with a screwdriver and sort of wedged into the hole until I could get the nut threaded on.

Surprisingly, this one plays better than the sunburst which was already very nice. Action can be set ridiculously low before I get any buzzing. Using the spots in the paint on the body, the bridge placement is almost dead on for intonation. I have a set of 10s on it right now, and only the G is off by any noticeable amount. Should have a wrapped G, not a plain, which I will remedy soon enough.

Kind of sad that these are now falling into the collectible category, if only because these should be played rather than sitting in someone's "vault" waiting for a payoff. Of course, I'm not going to say a damned word if someone wants to pay me too much for mine. Here's hoping these have hit the Pre-CBS Fender levels when I want to retire.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

ZoCrowes posted:

I recently was given a late 1950s Holiday archtop acoustic guitar. Unfortunately the neck is warped to hell and action is at about a 1/2" at the 12th fret. There's no truss rod adjustment so its pretty much unplayable. It looks amazing so I am going to keep it around as decoration.

Click here for the full 800x532 image.

This one was taken sitting on top of my 1968 Lowrey Organ

Built by Harmony, there might be two stamps visible through the upper F-hole. One will be three digits, S or F -xx. xx will be the year of production, S/F is Spring /Fall or Second/First half of the year. The other will be the serial number followed by Hxx, with Hxx being the model number. Might not be Hxx, though my Harmony-built Silvertone did have the Harmony model number as well as a Silvertone stamp.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

1994 Fender black label "Squier Series" P-Bass. Made in Mexico, allegedly with American bodies and necks with Mexican/Korean electronics and hardware. Cheapest "real" Fender line, made from ~1994-1997. I actually had one in black back in 1994, stupidly sold off in 1998. This one had a small "Squier Series" logo, which was sanded off before I got it, but my black one had only the large black Fender label. My black one also had a 3-ply pickguard, where the red is one ply. Seems that if the guitar/bass has the Squier logo, they had a one ply pickguard.

A friend has a lefty "Squier Series" Stratocaster that he bought when I bought my original bass, in black, with the "Squier Series" label. I've had that one apart, and the pickups have actual pole pieces, not bars like most cheap pickups. Really looks similar to what is in my Japanese Fenders. Also has individual single coil routing, not the swimming pool route or the humbucker sized bridge.

I've also got a black label Stratocaster neck, no "Squier Series" logo, from ~'96. That's on a parts-o-caster, and is pretty much identical to an American Standard neck I had on another guitar.

And, yes, my table is almost a perfect color match to the Torino Red on the bass.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Fender Starcaster Colt. 22.75" scale, pretty much the same as the Squier Mini but with the second tone knob, candy-apple red paint, and a different bridge.

Got it for $45US from overstock.com, they're back to $49.99 right now. Fret ends are atrocious, neck finish is rough, action too high, nut needs to be cut a bit deeper, and the intonation for the low E and A requires the spring behind the bridge saddle to be removed. Files and sandpaper should fix most of that, and I'm hoping that fixing the nut will help with some of the intonation issues, too.

The intonation, action, and nut are also issues I had on a Squier Mini, but the frets and finish were much better. The Squier is WAY more resonant, for some reason. Still, for $45 I'm not complaining when it's half the price of the Squier version.

I am tempted to put a string through bridge onto it, see if I can get a little more tension on the strings. It comes with 9's, and when tuned EADGBE they are sloppy. 10's are better, 11's would probably be perfect but I don't trust the neck stability.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Thumposaurus posted:

Maple's pretty tough I don't think the 11's will be a problem.

One of these days I'll give it a try. The shorter scale length should also help, the string pull is equivalent to a 25.5" scale tuned down a full step and capo-ed at the 2nd fret.

Stripped it down tonight to fix the fret ends and the neck finish. A few notes:
- This is routed single/single/humbucker, which gives me ideas for a project.
- The body appears to NOT be plywood.
- Every single tuner bushing was loose.
- Every tuner knob was loose.
- Even the three bridge attachment screws were loose!
- The bridge saddle screws are too long, and run in line with the strings. I had to dig up some shorter screws, and even then there are some severe angles for the strings. Also makes it tough to lower the saddles, since the strings push them right back up. There are a few hardtail bridges that use offset saddles, so I may give that a try. I'll have to find one that's drilled for top-load and string through, just in case I decide to drill it out.

The last one is a huge part of the intonation issue. Kind of hard to put the bridge saddle back far enough when the bridge is pulled forward by 1/16" or more. Probably the cause of the lower resonance of the body compared to my Squier Mini, too.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Repro pickguard for my Harmony Rocket III

Repro switch plate for my other Rocket III

I also bought a set of fake Klusons and an "original" bridge for the other Rocket, but I need to drill out the tuner holes to fit the bushings and the string spacing is way too wide on the bridge. Definitely a Harmony part, but probably from an acoustic archtop. So I still need a bridge, wiring, pickup mounting blocks, knobs, and a few miscellaneous pieces of hardware to finish that one.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Picked this up a week or so back.

Lefty Fender "Squier Series" "Black Label" from 1995ish. These are the ones made in mexico from mostly-US boides and necks. Previous owner put on the vintage tuners and put in better pickups as well as converted it for a righty. The flame on the neck is impressive.

Not bad for $85.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Knobs for my project Harmony Rocket III. They're missing the VOLUME and TONE markings, and not quite the right shape, but real cupcake knobs would have cost me ~$100 and these were less than $10 for all of them. The selector knob is a near perfect copy, though.

Still need to buy a proper bridge, find a selector switch, buy pots for volume and tone, and then wire it all back up. They originally have a volume/tone for each pickup, and a 4 way rotary selector switch that will do single pickups or all three. Since this is more of a player, I'm planning a master volume and tone with the other four being present but not wired up. For the selector, I'll probably go with a 6 position so I can get a bit more variety.

Dean Markely Pro Mag acoustic pickup. I didn't pay $49.95, it was at a thrift shop for $10. Works okay so far, although it won't fit the sound hole of my old Stellas.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
There's nothing wrong with a Danelectro Hornet. I assume the reissue?

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Added two more black label Fenders[1] to the collection. Brings me up to 5.

The Tele is pretty beat up, but plays well. Needs a complete setup, which I will do this weekend. It came missing one knob, and I put the amp knobs on for the Muddy Waters look.

The Strat is exceeding my expectations. Has a fair amount of playing wear, but it's still solid and plays excellent. The neck just feels "right" to me, and is extremely unlike other Mexican maple necks from that time. Maybe there is truth to the rumor the necks on the black labels are from the US.

Both part of the "Squier Series", which means single ply pickguards. There were also just Fender marked ones that had w/b/w pickguards, but were otherwise the same. 4 of my 5 are Squier Series, the Fender on the right is a parts-o-caster, but the neck and body are both original black label parts. The red ones are all original, except for the knobs on the Tele.

[1] Made from ~94-96 in Mexico. Sold as a step down from the Mexican standards, but basically the same. 3 colors, 4 models, and enough varations that I'll have to buy another ~20 to have one of each. Luckily they're still cheapish.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
I now have twins.

Another black label came up at too good of a price to pass up. Now I'm debating what I'm going to do. Do I need two of them? I need to get some pictures in sunlight, the red isn't as dark as it looks in this pic.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Hadlock posted:

Fill me in or link me on this Black Label business. When you say black label it makes me think of whiskey.

From 1994 to 1996ish Fender made a "Squier Series" that was placed one step below the Standards. Only real differences were the stamped tuners, single layer pickguards, and black logo. There were Strat, Tele, Jazz, and P-Bass models, available in red, black, and white. There were also ones that didn't have the "Squier Series" logo, and had w/b/w pickguards, but were otherwise the same. These were Fender models, and in the Fender catalog.

One of the rumors on these is that the bodies and necks were actually American parts, shipped to the Mexico plant for final finishing and assembly. Complete rubbish on the bodies, those are the same as the Standards of the time. The necks are a lot nicer than most of the Standards I've played, and one of mine has excellent flame, but who knows if there's any truth. At the time, they were significantly cheaper than the standard, and now they're just kind of an oddity that I like.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Bought these two bridges hoping to use them on the Harmony Rocket III I'm putting back together.

Unfortunately the string spacing doesn't match up, even though they are from other Harmony models. Rockets have a very narrow neck.

It's a shame because that one is so damned beautiful.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
I have rotary switches!!!

for this

3 pole, 4 position, and both will be used. The first will be set for a single pickup on the first three positions, and the fourth will be the second switch. Second switch will be set up for...
1 - neck/middle
2 - neck/bridge
3 - middle/bridge
4 - all three at once

I wish I had a shot of the switch in my other Rocket III. Still a 3P4T, but I swear it's about three times the size. Still trying to figure out placement of the second switch.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Finally got to bring this one home.

The Guit-Banj-O-Lin, built by a guy named Rex Parker who was also a bluegrass/gospel performer in West Virginia. Alleedly built in the mid to late 50s, but I think the DeArmonds date it to a bit later. It's crude as hell, and plays for poo poo right now, but still awesome. I need to restring it and see if I can get the action down.

Has a Gibson P90 on the guitar side, and DeArmond pickups on the banjo and mandolin. 26 fret guitar neck, although the spacing past the 20th fret is suspect. Gibson tuners on the banjo neck, Klusons on the mandolin, and some cheap open back ones on the guitar neck.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

amishbuttermaster posted:

Where did you find this thing? It's beyond bizarre.

My dad bought it from the widow of the builder. About 20 years ago my dad bought a car, and happened to trace it back to Rex. He got in contact with him and his wife, visited them multiple times, and became kind of close to the family. When Rex died, his wife sold off a few of the instruments, and my dad picked this one up. Rex actually is/was fairly well known in the bluegrass community of West Virginia.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Couple steals today at a pawn shop.

Roland MC-303 for $5 because it is "broken". Have to find a power supply, but the only visible thing wrong is missing buttons. For $5, I'll give it a shot.

Stagg Les Paul in an SKB TSA-approved hard case. $75 for both. No, not $75 each, $75 for the guitar in the case. Both basically new, although I had to fix a loose volume knob. Looked up the case and it alone seems to sell for around $150 new. :stare: I think the pawn shop may be a bit too eager to clean out inventory.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Once again the Thrift and Pawn shop gods are looking kindly on me.

1965 Silvertone acoustic. This is a "stella" size, 24" scale with 12 frets to the body. Basically a student size guitar, but they have a distinct character. I have a couple of Harmony branded ones. In decent shape for what it is, typical bow in the bridge and neck from being strung with steel strings, but playable. Missing the ferrules from the tuners, but I happen to have a stash of old Harmony parts.

Red Knob Fender "The Twin". I wanted a Twin Reverb, but I sure wasn't going to pass on this one at this price.

Tears in the tolex visible on the lower front edge and cobwebs in the back, but otherwise complete with footswitch. Somehow I managed to get this off the top of a set of PA speakers without killing myself, but carrying it up a flight of stairs was a chore.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Pawn shop put this out about an hour before I walked in.

Squier Mustang, used but excellent condition. No bar for the vibrato, the posts on the tailpiece weren't in right(threaded part on the pivot point), and the strings were on the front edge of the bridge with the saddles not even touching. Quick and basic setup and it plays great. Shown with my other thrift shop find, a UK Immigration jacket, which is an odd thing to find in the US.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

JohnnyC posted:

The guy who plays baritone guitar in my band is getting a new baritone built for him.

Tele body with standard-issue bridge pickup and a Harmony gold-foil pickup. Warmoth neck going on. Also those are both volume knobs. This thing is going to sound like a mountain being born.

I really get a kick out of seeing this, and then get mad at myself, because ~12 years back I had put this together.

Early '90s Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster with an SD Broadcaster in the bridge and the Harmony DeArmonds at middle and neck. Needed cash, and the pickups were selling for way more than I had paid, so I parted it out. I do have a few of the later DeArmonds with adjustable pole pieces in my parts box, so one of these days I'll try to recreate it.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Picked up a Squier Jaguar and Jazzmaster to go with my Squier Mustang and Mustang bridges for all three because the stock ones are terrible.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

This is amazing

I was going to buy a Conrad Bison(a 60's Japanese Jazz/Jag copy) I found at a pawn shop(same one I bought the Mustang from), but it had an ugly crack in the neck. Then I noticed prices on the Squiers were jumping by $100 everywhere and grabbed these two instead. Yeah, why buy one for $90 when you spend over six times that on two! And maybe still end up going back for the other!

This also increases the number of Squiers I have to 17. Four Japanese, 5 Mexican, 2 Chinese, 1 Korean, and 5 Indonesian. Not sure if the Starcaster Mini-Strat counts as a Squier or not. I like cheap guitars, apparently.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
2006 Fender Standard Stratocaster on the left, 1995 Ibanez Talman TC630 on the right.

Both from the same pawn shop, a bit over $350 for the pair. The Strat was sold as-is because it got dropped or banged into something in the store and there's now a nasty looking crack on the lower side of the neck pocket. Of course, it's just in the finish, but I wasn't going to tell them that. It was set up for a righty at some point, but currently is strung for a lefty with the strap button back on the correct side(for a lefty). It even came with a gig bag. For a bass.

The Talman is something I've wanted for 20 years, but never bought one back then and the new ones were tempting but didn't quite do it for me. This has the Kent Armstrong "inspired" lipstick tube pickups which I am liking so far. Pick up selector is noisy, most likely some of the funk that covers the rest of the guitar has made its way into those nook and crannies, too. Yeesh, wipe down your guitars, people.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Pawn shops are going to make me broke

Epiphone SG G-400. A few knicks and dents and in need of a good wipe down, but for $135 I couldn't leave it there.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
About a month back I bought this Epiphone SG from a pawnshop for $135, same pic posted earlier

Stopped in the pawn shop today, and there's a cheap hard case on the floor under the guitars tagged like this.

Then I notice this tag

Go up to the counter, show the the tag, the guy says "Yeah, just take it" then laughs when I tell him I think I bought the guitar that goes with it a month ago.

Get home, open it up, and there's a cable, a pick, and some velcro

Also, some of this applied in various spots, some removed, some rubbed off.

Then I looked at the price tag closer, middle right EE040774, and the serial on the guitar

So, yeah, when I bought it they didn't give me the case that went with it. Lucky I stopped in, I think.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Ordered a Fender Coronado Bass II from Amazon because it was marked down to $493 and they're normally $749.99. Just got my ship notification, and looked and the price is back up to $750. I don't really play bass much, and the Mexican P-bass I have has always been good enough, but at that price I can sorta justify it.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Coronado got here today, and I'm pretty happy so far. Won't get a chance to plug it into an amp until the weekend, mostly to be nice to my neighbor. Needs to have the intonation adjusted, but is otherwise good enough for my amateur hands.

Only things that are going to take getting used to are the short scale and the width of the body. This is a good 1" wider than my old Harmony, and that has always felt huge to me.

Now I just need to watch for a guitar version.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Another pawn shop buy, Schecter PT with case, cables, and straps for $180. Seemed like a deal, and I'm a sucker for a Tele.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
So it's my birthday, and the pawn shop texted me a 20% off coupon, so I went and bought something I've been watching for a while.

Per the serial number, a 1996 Samick-built Les Paul Special Double Cut

With a set-neck

From what I've been able to find, these were only made for a couple years in the mid 90s. It's missing a string, and the rest are rusty as hell. Neck is straight, frets are good, if a bit yellow/green from never being cleaned. Whole thing is just dirty. Seriously, does no one ever wipe things down? Bridge volume pot is iffy, but seems to be clearing up the more it gets turned back and forth. Played around with it at the pawn shop and couldn't find any issues that weren't related to the lovely Line 6 amp I was using. My cost out the door was $177, which I'm pretty happy with.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Nothing special, but bought a Peavey Vypyr 15 at the pawn shop for $10

Was tagged "AS-IS NEEDS WORK" but as far as I can tell it's fine other than some scrapes and dings.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Pretty sure this could go into Stupid Music poo poo as well, but I did buy this. AliExpress SRV #1 copy, $220 during their anniversary sale. Ordered March 30th, delivered today.

One small issue, but I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Seriously, the outline is right there! Surprisingly, the neck isn't in there crooked and doesn't move at all. Fret work is really good, especially when compared to most new guitars I've picked up. Tuned it up, played as it was sent for a little bit and everything seems fine, but I will need to do a proper setup and change strings since it came with 9s and they are floppy as hell. Pickups will likely get changed, maybe the tuners. Doesn't have the custom shop markings or SRV's signature on the back, which is fine with me since that strays in counterfeit territory. And for all the parts that are aged/relic'd, the pickguard isn't even slightly scuffed.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
New project guitar

Lotus copy of a Fender H2 Bullet that needs a lot of work. Pots are junk, they pass sound, but that's about it. Pickguard cracked and warped, pickups do at least make noise, 3-way switch works, mini-toggle appears to be a coil split and seems to work. Neck has a healthy backbow, need to see if the truss rod works, and luckily the bullet is in good enough shape to still fit an allen wrench into it. Bridge saddle adjustment screws rusted in place, saddles are pot metal crap anyway. Tuners work, but are the typical cheap crap found on 80's Korean guitars.

Rumor has it the pickups are likely Dimarzios, and the guitar itself is a Japanese one because of the bullet truss rod. Tuners scream Korean to me, so I kind of doubt it.

First job is to strip it down and see if I can get the neck straight. Then I'll replace the pots, probably the bridge saddles, clean it all up and see what I've got.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Speaking of DOD/Digitech, stopped at a pawn shop after work, walked out with these

$25 for the bunch. GCB-95 Crybaby, missing two rubber feet and the rubber on the pedal is loose. The Reverb/Boost is just a foot switch, no idea what amp it goes with. DOD FX75-B Flanger and a Digitech PDS 2715 Rock Box. Need to find batteries and see if they even work.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

betterinsodapop posted:

If the Crybaby works or you can get it working pretty easily, that's a good deal. Even seeing those DOD those drat fragile metal plate footswitches makes me cringe!

All are working, surprisingly. The Flanger sounds good in my limited testing, as does the chorus side of the RockBox. The distortion is pretty bad, but it was through an already bad sounding practice amp. The Crybaby is a Crybaby, nothing special. I already have a Vox wah, so the Crybaby will get sold or modified.

Pablo Gigante posted:

From a bit of Googling, it looks like the footswitch is an early 80's Marshall footswitch for the Marshall 50 Split Channel Reverb or a JCM 800 combo.

Yep, that looks like it to me.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Bought another cheap guitar at the pawn shop, Samick built Squier II from 1989.

Pots are loose and scratchy, strings are black, bridge saddles are a roller coaster from one side to the other, neck has too much relief; pretty much the typical pawn shop guitar except it has almost no fret wear. It'll be a good weekend project to clean it up and make it play better, and it even came with a pick!

It also appears to be a "first generation", if there is such a thing, based on the knob placement. Somewhere around serial S97xxxx to S98xxxx the controls moved back about 1". I don't know why I noticed that, but I did. This would be Squier # 14 or #15 for me, but somehow only my first Korean one.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

betterinsodapop posted:

Holy poo poo, I went back through yr post history to see the wacky poo poo you've picked up at the pawn shop. Some fun stuff in there. I love the Fender offsets the most. Someday, you're gonna need a J.Mascis Squier Jazzmaster!
The music store where I started taking lessons (back in '93) always tried to push Samicks. I would've ended up with one, were I not left-handed. Thank goodness the only lefty my parents could find was a Mexican strat.

I have a list of stuff I should have bought, but decided I needed food and shelter instead, or waited a day too long. Top of the list was a Kalamazoo KG-2, SG body shape with single coils and vibrato. I think it was $350, and I knew they went for a couple hundred more than that, but just couldn't justify it on that day. There are two pawn shops in town I stop at once or twice a week, and it's mostly $150 Squier Affinity Strats or off-brand Chinese acoustics, but the oddball stuff shows up fairly often. The one shop has kind of figured me out, to the point the one manager straight asks me if they priced something too cheap when I buy it.

At the time, Samick was the best of the Korean manufacturers, and a close second to what was coming from Japan. That said, this one has issues. Tremelo block is literally cracked and falling apart, and only has two springs. Even with the claw cranked down, the bridge was floating high enough that the action was about double what it should be with all saddles bottomed out. Didn't help that all the bridge screws were tightened all the way down, so the bridge couldn't lay flat even if it had three springs. With those screws loosened, the temporary remedy is a folded up piece of cardboard. Neck tone control was loose and frozen, but after tightening and a heavy blast of contact cleaner it is moving freely. Quick setup, and it plays good for a $100 guitar. Bridge humbucker is pretty nice sounding to me, the other two pickups are garbage. Oh, and in the pickup and control cavities the paint is thin, showing a red base layer. It has not been repainted, just looks like they resprayed a red body at the factory and did a half-assed job.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Only a couple quick pics, but I put a 1974/5 SG on layaway at the pawn shop. $349.99. Why so cheap? Well...

Remnants of previous electronics fuckery

DiMarzio Super Distortion in the neck, but still has the original T-Top humbucker in the bridge, cover removed. "Harmonica" bridge replaced with a Nashville style, which could be an issue. The harmonica style has much longer saddle movement, and is mounted parallel to the pickups, so the Nashville bridge without any angle might not have enough saddle movement to intonate properly. Played it and nothing seemed off or out of tune, though, so it might be okay. Can always be replaced with an original, and a beat-up used one is cheap enough.

I did not get pics of the real value reducer, the neck/body joint repair. Neck itself was not broke, but the pocket on each side was broken and repaired. It's an old repair and seems stable. Finish(except for around the neck pocket) is original. It also has wrong(but old) knobs. Pawn shop has had it for a few years, although they've only had it out for sale a few times. Last time it had a $750 price tag, not sure why the huge drop this time around. It also had a discount schedule, dropping ~$35 every 60 days with ~$215 as the lowest price, but I doubt it would have made it to the first drop even if I didn't grab it today. Price isn't great considering the issues, but still seems pretty good. And SGs are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

I'm the price sticker you can just tell is single-digit-microns thick with the most ultrasticky adhesive in the universe on the back that will never, ever, ever, ever come all the way off, slapped onto the front face of the guitar.

Luckily it was only on there two days and peeled right off with one teeny spot of adhesive left behind. There's also one on the neck that I was not as lucky with.