Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
I have had one of those for about 9 months. I don’t use it enough to remember how to work it. But it is a neat little unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
That thing looks great.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Gripen5 posted:

This is also one of my dream guitars. Instead I ended up getting the Epiphone '55 custom. Great guitar. Gold hardware. Gibson p90s. Huge neck, probably a little too big. Mahogany instead of maple top, not that I would notice the difference. But I keep looking at the Gibson wondering if I should "upgrade".

The only thing I would consider changing is I don't get along with the bridge pickup sometimes. So was considering changing it out for something a little hotter like a Duncan Vintage p90. Which despite it's name is way hotter than the Gibson in there.

Also toyed with the idea of getting an older BFG because of the humbucker/p90 combo because maybe a humbucker would be more my style. But don't love the "barely finished guitar" look. I have seen a few ways to get a humbucker in a p90 slot without routing, such as alternative form factors or modifying a HB baseplate.

Mini humbuckers.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Couldn't resist this, been thinking about one for a while. Hopefully it'll be fun and not something that just ends up gathering dust.

I have an older one. Not a HB. I play around with it from time to time but always wanted a pedal steel. I’d love to see HB make a pedal steel. They’re so expensive.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Hell yea rip some Steve Mackay* riffs on that thing.

*First sax rocker I could think of

Slick Willy Bill Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
I’ve been searching pawn shops for that for a long time friend. Nice score.