Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought this Player Mustang 90 along with the amp a couple of months ago.

I picked up these edrums just a couple days ago. I've never played drums in my life but it seemed like a good idea and I'm having a blast with the stick control book already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought this Gold Foil Jazzmaster today

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

It's great, couldn't find anything to complain about really.
I picked this up at a local store (Thunder Road Guitars Portland). They do a fantastic job setting up every guitar they sell and I have yet to see something with bad QC in there, even the Squiers they had were flawless

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought a surfing cat strap for it! But it might go better on my surf green Pawn Shop, we will see.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Oooof, sorry.

link

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Armacham posted:

Fender offsets really are my favorites.

Somehow that's what I keep buying, I've got two other weird offsets

I didn't go to the store specifically for this Jazzmaster. I was actually looking for a White Falcon, maybe. They couldn't find that one and I certainly wasn't buying the $11k custom shop one they did have.
I played around with a Les Paul Standard, this JM, and a Player Strat though I settled on the JM almost immediately. I wanted to like the LP but it just didn't click. It was a very smooth playing guitar though

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Looks great! All my gear is scattered over two bedrooms and a large living room on two levels

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought another guitar and a bass.

Gretsch White Falcon (already posted in the guitar thread) and a Fender Deluxe Active P-Bass plus a cheapo Rumble 60 amp.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Captain Splendid posted:

Finally got round to doing a family photo.

:swoon: hell yeah

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I posted this in the wrong thread before. I picked up a few music related things over the past month.

A Fender P Bass Deluxe. I bought this of Reverb around the same time I bought the White Falcon.
It's mostly for my youngest kid.

A Blues Jr Deluxe Reverb, in the scratch and dent section at GC with a note that there's no sound out.
One pre amp tube was bad, now it works great. Nice sounding amp.

I also picked up a cheap Fender Rumble 60 for the P Bass. No picture though

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Couldn't leave my Blues Jr alone and ordered a Fromel Electronics kit for it. It replaces the filter caps on the power supply, a bunch of other caps, removes the PCBA-mounted input jack with a standard jack with wires.
Sounds a little fuller? Maybe I'm imagining things but a cool project nonetheless.

Before surgery:

Components removed.

New stuff installed:

Gratitiuitous White Falcon shot and the new amp stand

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 16, 2023

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Nice!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
so cool, thanks for sharing these.
Love the White Falcon with the Traynors.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

widefault posted:

I'm waiting for the new Squier Paranormal Jazzmaster XII.

You and me both

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I found this marked down to $349 at GC. They had two like this and both played very nicely, but this one played just a little bit nicer.

Guild OM-240CE. I'm not sure how it compares acoustically against higher priced guitars, but I am sure that this one just plays bsmoothly with nice low action without fret buzz.
Also I do love that it's parlor sized (and still 25.5" scale)

It shows some evidence of cheesy construction, like this sticker pretending to be a pick guard.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It's a thin pickguard.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
A Goldtone CC-100R banjo. It's been while since I've attempted to learn, so here is try #2

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
All the Gretsch guitars I've played have been at the very least nice. I've owned a 54xx something over a decade ago and a White Falcon DC.
The first was a nice guitar and the second is my all-time favorite I've ever owned.
I've never tried any of their solid bodies, though.
Or their drums but going by the pricing they seem nice? Idk
I'm looking to pick up an acoustic kit soon but my budget is more Tama/PDP/maybe Yamaha, not Gretsch

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Toan is stored in the pickup wiring, per the Facebook boomers

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Wow that is a great deal

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Looks fantastic. I love ebony fret boards