Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law
Just got this guy today with some christmas money + trade in.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law
On page 5 I posted the black Ibanez RG Series guitar seen on top in the picture below. Well today I was browsing at another store and saw the guitar on the bottom of the picture. It only cost 50 bucks more, so I bought it and returned the Ibanez. The ESP is sooo much nicer.

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law

Graveheart posted:

Straight wholesale from Jackson's AZ factory, behold!

My first string thru guitar. It took some getting used to and repositioning of the right hand, but plays like a beast.

I like that a lot. I want to get one like it for my next guitar purchase in a couple years.

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law
This puppy should be arriving on friday. Its a custom 2x12 from earcandycabs.com. It's loaded with Eminence Swamp Thang speakers. I'm pretty loving excited.

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law
I really like the red one. Curvy *and* pointy is hot.

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law
Uh huh. Picked this up off craigslist today. Put on some new strings and she screams like she should.

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law
Second VHT in 3 pages. It'll go well with my Genz Benz El Diablo. I ordered a second earcandy 2x12 now and I'm going to get a Switchbone ABY switch so I can run both amps at once. It's probably overkill but it'll all sound monstrous.

Mountain Dew fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 10, 2009

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law

Agreed posted:

That is a wicked Fryette, man. I love the foreboding look of Fryette amps.

I figured they would cost more once they became Fryette, so I bought it now. VHT is a cooler name anyhow. It doesn't remind me of a kitchen appliance or something.

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law

Gramps posted:

I had no idea about the name change. What the gently caress were they thinking? VHT is synonymous with loud, vicious amps and they convert the whole line to low watt hand wired stuff and turn the old line into Fryette? Who's the loving genius behind that one? I mean wouldn't it have made sense to leave VHT as is and make Fryette the new boutique line? Am I crazy here?

Well now the VHT name is owned by AXL guitars. I'm confused though, because AXL is cheap poo poo, not "USA designed and assembled boutique tube amplifiers" like the VHT website says now.

Fryette is really just a new name for the old VHT. It is what VHT always was.

Edit: Someone on another forum said the following, and it makes some sense.

"He's cashing out of VHT by selling the rights to the name, but retaining the patents and intellectual rights to all his amp designs. My guess is that he is raising capital to survive the current economic playing field. Just a guess."

Mountain Dew fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 10, 2009

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law
So my setup is pretty much complete. I got a second 2x12 and an ABY switch so I can run them both at the same time (or switch between them if I want). It sounds amazing. The two heads and two cabs compliment each other quite nicely. It sounds friggin' thick.

THe only thing I worry about is the fact that they're both tube heads that vent mostly on the top. Is the heat something I should worry about? There is about an inch air gap between the two heads so there is a little bit of breathing room. I've seen people stack heads before too so it can't be too bad.

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law

Gorilla Salsa posted:

Worse comes to worse, you can always put them side by side and run them in stereo, which is awesome.

I was doing that at first and it sounds killer, but it'll never work live. The stages are always too small so I've gotta stack it all like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountain Dew
Feb 22, 2001
The Hole Is The Law

Pokey Araya posted:

If the stages are that small, why do you need all that power?

A small stage doesn't mean I want to have anything less than the best tone possible. I've got this setup for a super thick sound, not necessarily for power/volume. I can get loud with the usual 4x12+head combo, but it won't sound anywhere near as good as this. In fact, I probably have a lower stage volume now because I don't have to crank up the volume to get a decent tone.