Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
X-Mas present to myself-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Out for delivery now-

:woop:

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Its an Ibanez Artcore AXF74, les paul sized but fully hollow-bodied
They are apparently extremely rare in the US- I had to email around and call about 20 shops specializing in used guitars before I found this one for $275 shipped- the last one that sold on ebay went for $400

edit- I got it from Music-Go-Round in Kentucky

Mr JinX fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 9, 2007

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Thats also the only color it come in too, and I am hoping it will fit in a generic les paul sized case.
I am going to play doom on it :q:
As an aside, I know the Roland Cube is well regarded around these parts, does anyone have the 30X and if so is it worthwhile?

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

I just couldnt help it...I am a sucker for iconography

and here is my Artcore I posted about above (yes, pink strings)-

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

3toes posted:

I hate you cuz i can't find one <:mad:>

http://www.musicgoround.com/ try calling them- worked better than the website
it took me about 2-3 weeks to find it though

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Picked this up last night-

first tube amp...I am still in shock over the difference

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Walter posted:

What'd that run you? I've actually heard pretty good things about the Epiphone valve amps. Although it's usually preceeded (or followed) by "for the money," is it decent at bedroom volumes? I'm looking at possibly having to move into an apt. complex, and I want something valve that I can play at decent volume and not lose tone.

I was recently living in a hotel during an away-from-home project, and I had my Hot Rod Deluxe with me. I couldn't even crank the thing up far enough that I could get a consistent tone out of it (think playing your guitar with the volume turned 90% down). It was incredibly frustrating and I want to avoid that again if I can.

it was 250 with tax, as I bought it locally, a bit cheaper online. I live in an apartment too and worry about bothering my neighbors, the littel 10 watt marshall I have rarely gets turned up past "1" as its so harsh. This one however, sounds wonderful. I can crank it halfway easily- Its still loud(louder than the marshall obviously) but its very smooth and contained with the bass and treb at noon and the mids at 3 and the gain dimed without bothering my neighbors in the daytime (I asked them to be sure) and I was running it comfortably at around quarter volume at 2am last night to no ill effects. Its a great amp, same as the valve junior but with a bigger speaker (its sounds fuller, I a-b'ed them as well as the larger valve standard and the Special won out) and effects and an EQ. I actually like the effects, particularly the chorus. If you play high gain you will need a pedal though. I just ordered a DOD Yngwie preamp overdrive to push it a little more

VVVV seriously, try putting the screws in the holes- it looks better and you won't lose the screws (btw that explorer is hot)

Mr JinX fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 28, 2007

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Surprisingly it sounds awesome for 34 bux shipped

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

I have a new Gibson Melody Maker shipping to me this week. Its the fabled 'worn white' that no one has seen outside of an sg at NAMM. Pics to come!

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

3toes posted:

I hate you cuz i can't find one <:mad:>

This one is for sale! $400 shipped (lower 48) OBO!

Its great but I am jonesing for one of those new vintage modified teles

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2354123

Mr JinX fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 28, 2007

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

and

from the proceeds of the sale of my hollow artcore

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

SeventySeven posted:

Limited Edition gold G400? Niiiiice. I have the option of picking the exact same up tomorrow or waiting to get a G400 in cherry red. I really love the cherry red but I'm seriously considering the gold one.

Did you have to make that decision? I'm finding it really tough. :(

edit: waiting for the cherry red.
I am thinking of selling a few off to get a faded cherry gibson SG I love this epi so much. I slapped some GFS pickups in it and its awesome

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

SeventySeven posted:

Everyone I've talked to says even that stock Epi is pretty awesome, but with new pickups it screams and is almost comparable to a Gibson. Not bad for a $600 (AU) guitar. I'm so disappointed it could take several more weeks until mine gets here.

Yeah, its great- I paid 200 for it from music123 and put a Dream 90 in the bridge and a fender split coil in the neck. Im unhappy with the 90's noise so I ordered a PAF last night. I may replace the tuners too with locking ones soon as well

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

I built this from an epi valve special combo

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

THe Hammer of Hell-

now I just need to sell my Melody Maker- too many guitars!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2460896

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

ScottABoy posted:

:D

Theramin?

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

John 5 Tele

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Why hey there :iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr JinX
Jul 10, 2001

Its a pretty good amp, the effects are noisy but good, and I upgraded the tubes to tungsols
however I just traded it off for some cash and a digitech rp2000 and I have a Peavey Valve King Royal 8 on its way to replace it. My other amp is a Vox VR30 and the dano sounds great through that, the dano has a very different sound!
the guitar is a Danelectro Pro reissue in gold- just came out, $260 at a local store, its a model that Beck uses live often