Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I'm about 10 days away from getting it finally. I live in a very small apartment in a city I've only been in for ~5 months in which I know of no one to play with; This is my one true savior. (plus I can start recording for some of you people again [hi luquado fix your keyboard thanks])

nuthin but "pro" for me
edit: http://www.rolandus.com/go/v-drums/mov/V-Drums_3.mov <- I mean, come on. That's going to be fun as heck in a lovely little apartment. :)
http://www.rolandus.com/go/v-drums/mov/Omar_Demo1.mov And some Omar time as well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 7, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Luquado posted:

nigerian it's fixt and I can lay down the phat grooves whenever you want dogg

Oh, and latest two purchases:

Synthogy Ivory is hotness.
Well that's hot poo poo son! It's been ages since we done did the collabro!! :dance:

Also: what does synthology ivory do and will it produce music I will want to make babies to?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Nick Freedom posted:

I never knew one speaker would be able to kick my half stacks rear end.
Okay now by the last few "user reviews" for these, how much do they commonly run? I might want one now. :)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Cavepimp posted:

...autographed by Alice in Chains, Seether and Buck Cherry.
Sand it down and refinish it.

:D

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
edit: atta girl, rexy.

Pretty guitar though - I like the flat black on gold.

Edit: Does anyone not lock their prices on instruments anymore?

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 14, 2006

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

mofolotopo posted:

No, that would be too easy. I'm going to guess that it's some sort of harmonica.
Voted 70-piece orchestra-in-a-box.

Wait, no, changing my mind to "Kenny G-in-a-box".

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Merry Christmas to meeee!
Merry Christmas TO meeee!
Merry Chriiiiistmas dear DOOOOOOOoooooooooook
Merry Christmas to meeee!

I think I already annoyed the downstairs neighbor ~ 3am. :dance:
btw I literally have no more loving space in my apartment bedroom.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

schrag posted:

Hot drat. What was the burn for the kit and the brain?
A LOT... Roland price-fixes :( On the plus side there's a deal going on right now for a few extra items that will be incorporated into my set nicely.

And did you notice it's setup a little differently than how they normally are? Perhaps modeled a touch after a certain prehistoric elephant's drummer's set? hehe
I'm a dork.

btw :10bux: x 560

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Mighty Scoop posted:

Going for the Brann Dailor look, huh? Nice kit.
Sort of unintentionally though - the stock TD-20K kit comes with exactly the same amount of pieces as "Braaaaaawn" heh - My acoustic kit is set up much the same way, but with another floor tom and splashes etc so it still feels like home sweet home.

Well, V-home sweet home.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

mofolotopo posted:

Ow. I'd love to have one of these, but the only ones I've played that seem like they're worth having have been over $2000 and I just can't swing that kind of money right now.
To be honest, I'd say it's probably worth around 2500-3000 but I'm an idiot and, like I said, Roland price fixes. :mad: The rack, after setting it up and playing with it, is a bit higher quality that I previously thought. Everything was pretty much assembled in the box with the exception of a few little doodads associated with the hi-hat. For the price they honestly SHOULD throw in a nice double kick pedal, hi hat and snare stand but what can you do? Though I'll be mighty pissed if they release something new and/or drop the price in the next few months. :D This set cost me more than my acoustic set which is twice the size. heheh Living in an apartment is not very conducive to drumming.

Next up: New guitar, a presonus firepod (or something like that for 8-10 channels of recording), and sell my current main set for a fully custom SJC set.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

schrag posted:

A mastodork.
Hang on, i'll run home and record you a rimshot on my new set. :rimshot:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Engine Fortegue posted:

Jesus Duke, what do you do for a living
Broadcast engineer and producer for a national show.

It doesn't pay as well as you'd think - I'm just really good at saving when there's something I really want.

In other news: Tonight was the first chance I've really had to sit down, grab a glass of booze and have some fun with this thing. Outside of work, two loving power outages, company and grumpy downstairs neighbors I haven't really been able to break a sweat making fun noises with crazy patches until a few hours ago. Bonus: I have tomorrow and saturday off. Oh yes, I'm having me some fun.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 22, 2006

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

schrag posted:

A mastodork.
Okay so I'm a couple days late:
Rimshot4Schragggggg.mp3

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

schrag posted:

Haha!
Wait, can I make the shortest Trebuchet song out of that? :raise:
Here, use THIS or THIS instead. I made the second one specifically for anyone who says "needs more cowbell"

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

schrag posted:

Well now, I know what I am doing with my vacation time. :D
We could just rewrite "Schmace" to go along with the cowbell pattern. :) Though the old version had that awesome game show theme-quality to it. heh

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

hunter x az posted:

Hey I've got the same thing, only chain drive. I'll tell you right now: You'll be 100% happy with it. Best two-legger out on the market, bar none.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

schrag posted:

Sup TV Yellow buddy.

TV Yellow is drat :coal:
Did you get the loving thing yet???? FedEx blows.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

schrag posted:

"yeah, sometimes, they don't put everything on the trucks." :bang:
This is EXACTLY what happened to me at that same loving FedEx depot back about 3-4 years ago. Probably, that guitar has been sitting there at that station since last fri-sat.

schrag posted:

I'm just happy it showed up not broken or smashed. The gentleman that sold it to me clearly knows how to pack guitars. :buddy:
Excellent. I don't know why but everytime I think/hear of ebay I have a knee jerk reaction towards "scamming lying gently caress."

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Walter posted:

Christ, Behringer doesn't pull any punches, do they? That thing's a drat close doppelganger (visuals-wise) of the Roland JC-120.
They've built a pretty big company off of the backs of everyone else... why stop now? :D

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

RSPsych0 posted:

What the hell happened to that guitar on the far right?
Looks like a dingo ate his baby. No strings or pickups OH GOD IT'S BEEN CANNIBALIZED!

That reminds me, I need to gut my turd of a guitar.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Toasta posted:

With a different headstock, but you get the idea. Waiting on my tax return!
Dude if you're going that nuts, keep the headstock. Go balls out or not at all!!!

...unless the other headstock is even crazier.

GeminiZer0 posted:

Oh my god. I want to vacuum that room so bad.
hah that's the first thing I thought earlier today as well.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

El Bi Ranchero posted:

If I'm not mistaken you can also load your own samples and use them as triggers.
You're sort-of right. You can't load any samples into the brain itself as Roland gear works off of "modeling" instead of Sampling. However you can just as easily MIDI from the brain into your computer and use some sweet sweet samples there. For example, the Roland TD-20 brain is being used as the midi controller in these vids starring the always badass Morgan Ågren. http://www.toontrack.com/videos.asp (click on the vids on the left side of the page).

Whenever I finally get around to it, i'm going to set things up just like what's above: TD-20 -> computer and DFH.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

3toes posted:

Yeah that's about the norm for that cabinet. The only problem is that now you have to hire someone to carry it around for you :)
Ahh the good ol' 810. Man I'm glad I'm not in a band with a bass player that owns one of these anymore. :D Moving it up and down 2 flights of stairs for shows loving suuuuuuuuuucked.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Boner Slam posted:

If you play on a big stage you will not need it because you are playing DI into PA and monitors and on a small stage it is too loud?

Clarify please.
I've never played with a bass player who DI's on stage. We always mic those bad boys no matter how big it is.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

ToiletDuk posted:

I've never owned a drum kit before, and now I do. Hooray.
So what does it want to be when it grows up? :D

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

magnificent7 posted:

Ah gently caress. I knew that. Maybe I can pull out half the tubes and see what happens. Just pull em out at random. I hear that works.
One of my guitar players has this exact head. That thing can get loud as gently caress and he indeed just pulled two tubes to bring it on down about 4 days ago. His tone, overall, sounds WOLRDS better than the previous marshall head and tube pedal he was using, though.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

The Huntsman posted:

It sounds great. I am so happy with it and I am bringing it to an audition for a band that is signed to a local Portland label so hopefully the gear will help my chances. I read somewhere that its about 70% how you look 30% how you sound so I am thinking the new Ampeg will get me at least 5-10% more looks :).
In portland, being in a band that plays at most of the venues down there, it's like 90% how you look. (ahem, doug fir) Man i'm glad I don't live down there anymore. :)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

MrWeight posted:

Since money seems to be of little object to you, you should try and buy a set with floortoms and rack toms that just attach to a stand, as opposed to having the 3 legs for them. If you gig a lot, the legs get so loving annoying!
As a person who has two floor toms on one stand with no option for legs (they're suspension mounts) and plays a lot of shows OH GOD do I wish I had individual legs for both toms. It's so much easier and quicker to move. If you try to load up on stage with the two floor toms already mounted you're eventually going to gently caress up the stand. It's just going to happen when you have to hurry... legs get twisted around, collars will strip out the rolled pin that holds them in place, the screw that holds the legs in place will eventually strip... it just happens eventually. Next set I buy will be individually-legged floor toms for sure!

that's all my professional oppinion of course... :D

Dracon Wolf posted:

Edit: Considering I have a good amount of money right now I almost considered buying the Tama Warlord Exotix series from Guitar Center. Only $6499! Unfortunately the finacee saw things differently and I'm buying something a bit more cost efficient.

But how can you compare to this? Oh god, all that bubinga...Maybe I still will buy it. She'll never realize the difference ;)
You're mostly paying for those ridiculous double-sided lugs&tuning rods they put on now. Tama kind of pissed me off and went the way of Pearl within the last year or two... See also: gimmicky. :( I'm seriously contemplating selling off my starclassic and ordering a smaller, fully custom set. That being said, it is a really pretty loving set and I'm glad Tama finally changed their ugly-rear end suspension mounts.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 20, 2007

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Crusty_mabiba posted:

New snare day! New snare Day!

Got this new for a cool $250. It's a Pearl sensitone brass. Sounds like a dream. Great pop with a wonderful deep crisp overtone. I've never played a snare that sounded so kick rear end for less than 300. I love this thing.

(also yes I'm one of those drummers who collects snares like they're stamps. I have 5 now. Just sold one. I can't help it)
As someone who got to do a few sessions with one of those rented from S.I.R. I can say i'm an absolute fan of that there snare. I actually need to track down one of those for myself! Good find, sir! (the bronze one is pretty swank as well)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Crusty_mabiba posted:

Yeah it was definitely a pain to get hold of. Only a few places around me had it. But very much worth the effort to find one for a decent price.

Also, just my opinion, but if you do find some, and want to get one, go with either the bronze or brass ones. The steel ones, although 100 bucks cheaper, very much SOUND 100 dollars cheaper. They have a buzzy overtone that sounds like junk.

And yeah, the bronze one does sound awesome too if you want that. I'd definitely recommend them.
Oh it's bronze or brass or nothing. the steel ones are crap. And I was initially off - this was the one I got from S.I.R.. It's like a close cousin to yours:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I needed a big rear end cymbal; I went and got a big rear end cymbal.

click for bigger

Samples here - Click on the Ride.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jun 21, 2010