Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Nick Freedom posted:

Mine didn't come with the footswitch, though. But I also paid $100 less than the Ebay auction went for.

Sup T50C buddy. Those are indeed the loudest 50 watt amps I have ever experienced. I love mine to death. Rock solid too. I took mine out for a month long tour, and it didn't skip a beat the whole time.

My next purchase: A Gibson Les Paul Special or Junior, or a close knock-off of the model. I have been eyeballing some auctions, and I am thinking a black LP Special, single-cut, two P-90's, tortoise shell pickguard, and amber knobs. It's gonna be my fun guitar. Now, if I just win the auction I'm watching, my little dream guitar will be mine.
Think the black Billy Joe model, but with two non-dog-ear P-90's:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Nick Freedom posted:

Those are some drat fine rigs. Too bad it's hard as hell to find Sunn cabs. :(
So true, so true. I lucked out on the 1x12 to match the T50C. $150 on eBay. The 4x12 I have had for years. The concert slave is gone. Replace that with a Model T head, and thats my set-up.

I need another 4x12 so bad. Avatar makes fine cabs, but they look so wimpy next to my Sunn cabinet.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002
Found my new love:

It will be mine.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002
So, a page ago, I posted this:

And, with my wife's help, this happened tonight:

Oh yeah. :fappery:

The Stizzle fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 16, 2006

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

Merry Christmas to meeee!
Merry Christmas TO meeee!
Merry Chriiiiistmas dear DOOOOOOOoooooooooook
Merry Christmas to meeee!

DRUMS.

I think I already annoyed the downstairs neighbor ~ 3am. :dance:
btw I literally have no more loving space in my apartment bedroom.
Hot drat. What was the burn for the kit and the brain?

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

And did you notice it's setup a little differently than how they normally are? Perhaps modeled a touch after a certain prehistoric elephant's drummer's set? hehe
I'm a dork.

A mastodork.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

Okay so I'm a couple days late:
Rimshot4Schragggggg.mp3
Haha!
Wait, can I make the shortest Trebuchet song out of that? :raise:

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

Here, use THIS or THIS instead. I made the second one specifically for anyone who says "needs more cowbell"
Well now, I know what I am doing with my vacation time. :D

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

FlossMan posted:

You're drat right it's in TV Yellow, and I got a purple velvet strap to go with it. :D

Sup TV Yellow buddy.

TV Yellow is drat :coal:

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

Did you get the loving thing yet???? FedEx blows.
Yes. I took those pics!
And FedEx... don't get me started. First, it was supposed to be here the 22nd. That came and went. Then it was supposed to arrive yesterday... no dice. Then it showed it was on truck fro delivery TODAY. I sat at work until 5:30, and still no truck. So I drove down to the depot, and they were saying "yeah, sometimes, they don't put everything on the trucks."
:bang:

I'm just happy it showed up not broken or smashed. The gentleman that sold it to me clearly knows how to pack guitars. :buddy:

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Going in the bridge position soon, into my new Edwards.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002
Just installed my Planet Waves locking/self-trimming tuners on my Edwards. I was too hyped to post pics during the action.
I had to pull the old tuners out, which involved 12 phillips screws, and slowly working out the tuning ferrules with a punch (and not punching it out, working it out with a circular motion). The tuners were vintage button-type, and some of the mounting holes were a hair off, so I used the tried and true method of toothpicks and wood glue to plug up the old holes. I then had to re-drill the holes for the tuning posts using a 25/64" bit. I ran the drill in reverse as to not have the bit grab the wood and tear the poo poo out of it and get off center. After drilling, cleaned up the holes, and made sure my posts fit. Threaded the washer and nut on the post ont he face of the headstock. Lined up my tuners square with the headstock, and redrilled the holes for the phillips screws on the back. Made sure to mark my drill bit for depth so I drilled the hole to the exact depth needed, and not through the face of the headstock.

*clicky for biggy*

It feels good to not pay someone to do this. $33 for the tuners (have a friend that gives me smokin' deals on gear and parts), and that's it. I'll eventually plug the extra holes up and match the color.

Next is new bridge pickup and an adjustable stop tailpiece.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Oathbreaker posted:

I got to play my friends, who has it, and fell in love with it instantly. Can anyone reassure me that my purchase was right?
If you play it, and you like it, you made the right choice. Congrats on a new bass!

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Finally got my new pickup, volume and tone pots and compensated bridge installed. Still have a grounding issue I am trying to nail down. I am saving up for a better adjustable bridge and some TonePros locking posts, but this one works for now, and it was dirt cheap.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

DrChu posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230088117941

Can't wait for this to arrive. Then I can start looking into upgrading my amplification setup.
Hot drat. I like that color combo. Nice score there!

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002
I have officially started to save for a Gutierrez Siren. It'll look a bit like this:

Hand made, all the way!

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Von posted:

That is gorgeous.
Check the neck/body groove:

DROOL. I played three other examples of his work, and they are such incredibly well done guitars.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Finally got the full stack rocking with the addition of a second matching cabinet.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

qball posted:

That's a great looking stack. I get the feeling I'll be able to hear it from here.

It sounds amazing. Live, I play it with both cabs on the ground. The "clean" channel isn't clean at all, and has one of the best overdriven-gain sounds ever. I want another head so I can a/b it with distortion on one side, and the dirty-clean channel on the other.
And yes: it's LOUD. It sounds like the sky is falling, and I mean that in the best possible way.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Catastrophe posted:

Ohhh myyyy gooddddd. That is ridiculous. What kind of music do you play?
Grindcore/powerviolence/loudfastcrazyshit

the wizards beard posted:

Pfft calm down guys it's not a real Model T it's a loving lovely rebranded Fender probably sounds like poo poo (I hate you dude, you have some nice stuff)
Funny thing is, I have played the original T's, and I actually prefer these, as no distortion pedals are required. I'm a plug-in-and-play kind of guy. Guitar > cable > amp.

This is like the 20th Sunn I've owned. Been playing them for 23+ years.

Wang Broom: it was sarcasm: He was taking on the holier-than-thou Sunn nerd persona. I have them beat. My entire right arm is a Sunn sleeve. And I don't play generic loving doom/stoner poo poo. And I think the band Sunn are a bunch of jack-offs for ruining my once favorite-cheap amps, and making dickheads drive the prices up to astronomical levels. Thankfully I got my hands on this stuff before it got too crazy. I used to buy Sunn Betas or Concert Leads for $75-$100 each.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

the wizards beard posted:

That's awesome, but did you throw in a Black Flag logo at the bottom?
I've had my bars forever on both wrists. It's what's under the bars now that keeps it real:

And yes, I turn them up as loud as the drummer can keep up. Sometimes to saturate the not-so-clean channel, I hit the switch that turns it from 100 watts to 25 watts, and it's still really loving loud.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Catastrophe posted:

I could just say Mike Scheidt but no one knows who that is.
Mike's a dear friend of mine. Known him for going on 6 years.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Agreed posted:

A present for my wife for Valentine's Day, for being such a good sport when it comes to my guitar habit.

Gotta love that headstock. My Bolin NS has the same one.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

ZoCrowes posted:

This is my Partsquire which I spent even less on.

If that had no fret markers, it would be perfect.
It's really drat nice as is though.

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

ZoCrowes posted:

Thanks! I never really thought about a neck with no inlays that might be pretty sweet.
My next Bolin will have side-dots only. I've been playing mine so long, I really don't look that much anyways. Aesthetically, I think guitars look way better without fret markers, especially if the fretboard is ebony, or something more exotic.

ZoCrowes posted:

So less than $250 and the thing plays and sounds great.
drat! :wotwot:

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

ZoCrowes posted:

I look forward to seeing it. I always enjoy seeing what people cook up at home. Makes these things more interesting.

I don't think I will ever buy another Fender. They're so easy to make from good parts that it probably won't be worth it. If I get into woodworking like I plan to I may never purchase another guitar I'll just make them myself.
It's going to be a while. I bought their trade show sample (in perfect condition) from the sales rep for $1,499. That's $750 off of their retail price of $2,250. I am scared to ask how much my next one will be since it is no longer a "production model." I would hardly call any of them that, since there are only 4 people in the production process. They're all essentially handbuilt.
But I will have another one in a custom configuration. Oh yes, I will. It will be mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

Raze posted:

Cab was 468, hot plate 200, amp 987. So $1655, all told.

Holy poo poo. I spent less on my fullstack ($1,230). I got myself a goddamn bargain.