Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.
I'll be picking up this baby in a few weeks.

Gibson J-45 Purevoice

Can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qball
Aug 1, 2002

HollisBrown posted:

I hate your guts.

I can live with that.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

It's finally here. I'm going to play the hell out of this thing.

Who needs sleep anyway?

qball
Aug 1, 2002

iostream.h posted:

Wasn't intending on picking up an amp today, but who am I to argue with fate?

Holy poo poo, great find.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

iostream.h posted:

Warren Haynes doesn't do angry cookie monster music. :colbert:

I fully intend to, however.

Edit: ^^^^ It's all good bro, I just wanted to see if anyone would recognize it, I'm still so stoked about it it's ridiculous. I'm easily as excited, if not more than I was the day I got my Jubilee back!

Warren Haynes' Soldano sound is one of my favourite tones.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

Well I just picked up a 65 reissue Deluxe Reverb and realised over the past year I'd actually acquired a bunch of stuff. There's also been a lack of pictures in this thread for a while so here goes.

Fender 65 Reissue Deluxe Reverb

I was looking for something small so I wouldn't have to drag my Orange PPC212 to rehearsals/gigs and this popped up at a pretty good price. There will be a bit of tweaking to my effects to get the sounds I need but, wow, this has tone for days. I can't wait to try it out this week.

Strymon Lex & MI Effects Cross Over Drive

Sweet, sweet Leslie sounds from the Lex, replacing my Destination Rotation which is more like a single rotating speaker sim. The doppler effect on the horn is worth the price alone. I was also looking for something less mid-heavy than my OD808 and MI had just released a batch of their new FET based overdrives. Really great dynamic and flexible overdrive sounds.

Cry Baby Classic & Big Muff

I was looking for a True Bypass way so it wouldn't affect the sound of my Sunface when it was off. I don't use the way and fuzz together in the current set so I'll look into buffers when the time comes. I've never owned a Big Muff before which is something I had to rectify.

Gretch Lap Steel

This was a Christmas present from my awesome family. I've wanted a lap steel for the longest time and it's been really fun tuning it to C6 and figure out where all the voicings are.

Chuka Chuks

Percussive/shaker juggling balls. I saw a street performer use these in a blues set and they looked fun enough for me to pick up a set myself. Still learning to keep a steady beat while throwing them around but fun none-the-less. Yeah, the picture looks a bit phallic.

PICKS!!!

A gradually dwindling jam jar of 288 picks. Currently using yellow tortex for electric and Gibson medium for acoustic.

My peso pick. If it's good enough for Willy G, I'll give it a go too.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

RetardedRobots posted:

The only problem with the DRRI, is that you'll never need to buy another amp again (unless you want a second DRRI).

I've learn't never to say never.

This amp is confirming my power-amp distortion > pre-amp distortion theory. Unfortunately getting there with my 100 Plexi isn't always feasible.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

I only out a pickguard on my 2004 LP in the last year or two and much prefer it this way.

I stand before you an infidel.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

I feel I should start a home for abandoned Les Paul pick guards.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

Schlieren posted:

I was really surprised to find that Gibson acoustics more or less always sound better to me than any other major manufacturer. Ill go somewhere and pick up all the guitars and one will sound fantastic and I'll look at the headstock and yup. Gibson

I'm with you on this. I don't know if it's the shorter scale length on a lot of them that leads to a more warm, compressed sound but there's something about them.

I have a J-45 which never fails to make me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qball
Aug 1, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

Relicing is a farce and you and muike know this.

You don't fake talent and you don't fake credibility.

I may not be your musician of choice but I know better than to pay my luthier a shitload of money to make me look like SRV. I'm not sorry about it.

It's all about looks.

Relicing is just making something look the way you want it to. It's the same as wanting a blue guitar with gold hardware and then babying the poo poo out of it so it stays that way.

The more the debate goes on, the more I think it's the people who have naturally reliced gear who are the annoying ones. It's like they have chip on their shoulder because someone took a perceived shortcut, loudly proclaiming that "it's all about the music" but then feeling inferior because of the way something they don't own looks.

Billy Gibbons has real beat up guitars and reliced guitars, but he also has furry guitars and rubber ones you can stab a knife through. None of it is wrong.

You play what you want on whatever you want. There's no debate because it's all personal preference.

Make less noise with your keyboard and more with your guitar (unless you're a keyboardist then do whatever, I guess).