Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Captain Organ posted:

My new baby :cool:

thats on backorder for 90 days :smith:

5 internet points to the first person who figures out whats special about it. aside from the fact that it is beautiful.

Nice. Jaguars of all type kick rear end. I got to play one of the barritone Jaguars with the actual Jaguar pickups in it. They're pretty awesome. Speaking of Jaguar pickups, I'm probably going to buy one of these pretty soon:
I played one of these a couple weeks ago and it's has a pretty cool and unique sound with the 3 Jaguar pickups. It was a very comfortable and easy playing guitar too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Minto Took posted:

I love all the crazy poo poo Fender pumped out to catch the surf-rock wave (no pun intended) back in the 1960's. I :love: my Jazzmaster.

Yeah I really love that Cyclone II because you can get some really awesome surf sounds out of it like a jaguar, but can also turn on and off the pickups in different configurations to get to get really good tones for heavier stuff.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Alesis FireWire 8 mixer

Gee this is a lot easier than plugging poo poo into that thur microphone hole on the computer machine.

I've been considering getting some kind of firewire interface so I'd be interested in seeing your impressions on this after you spend some time with it.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Captain Organ posted:

I actually keep meaning to post it in the thread (dont have a camera at the moment) but I have been nothing but happy with my Fender Baritone Special Jag. New pickups are planned for down the road, but other than that, it plays beautifully, and just absolutely refuses to go out of tune.

I got to play the one my friend's Dad owns (our band used it in a couple cool recordings) and I was really impressed by it. Very cool guitar. Nice sound and fun to play. I need to get around to taking some nice pictures of the Used vintage reproduction Jag I picked up recently. Such a fun guitar to play, and so light and comfortable.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Lobster Johnson posted:

Now, or before I purchased all of that? :cry:

It actually wasn't all that expensive. The 3 ebay purchases saved something like $1600 on retail, which is probably the only reason I packed so much into this buy-up. In total, it's approaching $4k AUS - which was my budget - and that's nothing for decent music equipment here. My Les Paul cost 4.5k just under 10 years ago and that's been the most I've spent on gear in the last decade.

please validate my unwise spending guys i need support while eating ramen for the next year pls ok :cry:

The HOG and the moog thing look really cool. Do you have any recordings of them in action?

Edit: oh crap, after checking out moog's page on that pedal I am so doomed to buy one. That thing is awesome

Mugendai fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 5, 2007

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Alucardd posted:

I ordered one of these the other day:

An EWI!(Electronic Wind Instrument) It's a wind controlled synth with the fingerings of a saxophone, my primary instrument.

It should come in the next couple minutes!

That looks cool. How good are those at replicating actual instrument sounds? I figure you can do all sorts of awesome synthy stuff with them, but if they can do a fairly good replication of actual saxophone sounds with the right software, that could be really usefull for me.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

The Huntsman posted:

This sexiness will be posted in the bass guitar thread as well, I am very proud of this.

Plays very nicely.

I've been wanting one of those since I found out they existed.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Alucardd posted:

I ordered one of these the other day:

An EWI!(Electronic Wind Instrument) It's a wind controlled synth with the fingerings of a saxophone, my primary instrument.

It should come in the next couple minutes!

Did you ever get this? I've been putting some serious thought into getting one of these and I'd be really curious to see what you think of it.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Fox Cunning posted:

My neighbour gave me this as a late graduation gift.

Wow! That's an awesome graduation gift. Those Hagstrom guitars are so strange, but they seem like they would make really awesome sounds.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

orange sky posted:

Hopefully until september.

Ooooh pretty. What's the brand/model?

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

trans fat posted:

I'd love to get my hands on a keytar. Next major musical purchase of mine if I have an influence on it.

My band used that exact keytar for a while but it stopped working. It won't power by battery anymore and trying to use a power adapter was a failure (gave really bad feed back for some reason if I remember right). It sucks too because that's a pretty awesome cheese synth noise. Although sson after we did get an SK-1 which is just as great despite the lack of the pitch bend.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Susano-maku da! posted:

CIJ Fender Jaguar HH Special. Pretty much the only Jaguar that I find aesthetically appealing. Thank god that it sounds gorgeous and thank god for the short scale.

It's tough to see, but it's a black pickguard with all chrome hardware.

Oooh that looks like a fine piece of short scale goodness.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Susano-maku da! posted:

Yeah I found that because of my terrible joint and wrist problems that I unfortunately can't play anything Les Paul sized and longer.

The Jag and Jazzmaster are pretty much the only guitars that I really can find myself really needing because I really love the feel. I'm pretty much planning on not taking my guitar with me next time I go to Japan and just grabbing a CIJ HH Jag or Jazzmaster to go with my vintage repro Jag. I just wish fender Japan actually used real Jazzmaster pickups on the CIJs :(

Synonamess Botch posted:

Just walked home with this one yesterday. I haven't had a guitar since my former bandmate stole my Telecaster. I knew I couldn't get anything other than a Fender after owning that one, and I figured I might as well go all the way this time.

God drat does it sound good, and I can get any sound I want out of it too. I couldn't be happier.

I was really glad to find a used one up here since the only fender shop up here charges straight retail pretty much for any MIA stuff since they have no competition on that unless you want to drive a few hours. Save a lot of money on that find. I'm pretty in love with that body design since it's the only electric I've played that isn't heavier than I want, but is still comfortable to play sitting down when I want to do that. Plus mine the lyrics to Hurt printed out and folded up in the accessories compartment which was a really odd thing to find in there.

Mugendai fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 7, 2007

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him
The main complaint I've always seen about the Japanese Jaguars and Jazzmasters is that they don't use the vintage style pickups and use weird knock off ones but a pickup replacement wouldn't be that big of a deal considering how much you would save on the guitar itself over the American reissue. I lucked into finding a reissue Jaguar that was used in really good condition (it had a scratch on the back) and saved a few hundred on it.

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Handen posted:

I got excited so I put together a diagram of the sort of live rig I'm putting together:

That's loving awesome. I can't wait to hear what you end up doing with all of that. The concept sounds like it will make for a pretty good visual live show for the type of music you're wanting to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mugendai
Oct 23, 2002

You realize, of
course, that that
will not kill him

Susano-maku da! posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150325716564

It's too sexy

I want it :(

I'm almost willing to ditch my Telecaster for it.

But goddamn is that expensive.

drat that's a sick looking Jazzmaster. In other gently caress I wish I could afford that, someone tossed a 67 Jag up on craigslist here recently. It was over 3 grand :(