Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Newest acquisition: the seafoam green MIM Strat :hydrahump:. Saw it in Guitar Center today and since I go in there fairly often, I already knew that they rarely have one of these in there. According to the serial number, it's a '99. This thing looks like someone bought it and just put it in a case for 7 years. It still has the plastic on the pickguard and rear plate and there isn't a scratch or ding anywhere on it. :guitar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

FlossMan posted:

Holy loving poo poo. I've got that same strap on my Strat right now. Clearly we have to join forces and form a band the likes of which no one has ever dreamed of/cared about. :D

Count me in(check the 60s sunburst strat)

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Jagdhippo posted:

I guarantee you'll lose that tophat pickup switch cover. I love the sound of my tele but will soon be getting some noiseless single coils in there.

I've got the Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups in my Tele, they sound awesome.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

FlossMan posted:

I have a buddy that just got a tele with those in them... he loves the sound, but he says they're pretty weak output. I have no personal experience, though.

Well the bridge is kinda weak on mine but I always thought that's because I hosed it up when I installed it.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

SeventySeven posted:

My new Epi G-400 SG (cat not so new). It's not much, but it's mine, y'know?

SeventySeven posted:

My new Epi G-400 SG (cat not so new). It's not much, but it's mine, y'know?

I got this same SG back in 2001. Don't be surprised if the switch starts to go bad. Mine poo poo the bed about 3 years ago and as I read into it it seems like a common problem with these. I still haven't fixed it either :ninja: I have a bunch of rubber bands wrapped around it on the inside, and it seems to have done the trick.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

:guitar::gizz:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Traded this

in for this

Feels much better.

But it has less knobs :mad:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Zakalwe posted:

I dunno man but that tweez button looks like fun. What the hell does it do?

Line6 offers no explanation for the "tweak" and "tweez" knobs. I have a Line6 Modulation Modeler (chorus, phaser, flange, rotary etc) that has those knobs and you really just have to play around with each because they both change the sound significantly. The Tweez knob sorta makes the sound a little nasal-ish.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

lovely picture, I know. If I didn't spend all my money on guitars I'd have a better camera.

The clean sounds this thing can make are :gizz:

morningdrew fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 18, 2007

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Engine Fortegue posted:

Holy poo poo please tell me you can post sound clips of this thing in action, I've always wanted a parker but never had the opportunity to even play one let alone afford it. :sweatdrop:

I've wanted a Parker for years now but the same thing applied - I just didn't have $1500 to drop on a guitar. Guitar Center had this used for $999, and I got it for $800. I'll see if I can record some clips later on (i wish i had a stereo cable so I can split the magnetic/piezo outputs properly).

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

FlossMan posted:

And, yes, I've jumpered the channels. I like how it sounds. :D

I just did this to my Bassman 70 and I now have Cream era Clapton, with the master volume only at 4 (both channels maxed)

Is this going to kill my amp?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Avatar 2x12 as shown here - will try to get an actual picture later tonight. I grabbed it speakerless off eBay for $167 and put my V30's in it :hellyeah:

By the way, Dave at Avatar is a :krad: dude.

A big 'gently caress you' to DHL as well, they delivered it to a totally wrong road miles away. Luckily for me the dude who received it was nice enough to call my number that was on the shipping label and tell me.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Behind this sex toy is my jawesome new Avatar cab :coal:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

I spent over an hour this morning in Guitar Center trying out various acoustics and picked up this beauty. Marked down to $800 and I got a Martin case with it.

:swoon:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Uncle Caveman posted:

Those drums are jawesome. More pics please :v:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Engine Fortegue posted:

EDIT: Do you put your wah before or after your distortion?

From what I understand a wah usually works best before any other pedals. Correct me if I'm wrong, ML.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

7 Bowls of Wrath posted:

-I cant believe I got this pedal so cheap, it sounds great. We will see how long i keep it for...

Put 12ax7's in this

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

I got a pack of these for free and I love them. Tough to find them in stores though. The grip is nice, and isn't too rubbery to keep you from sliding the pick around between your fingers if you need to adjust.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Change the strings and make sure you A) wind them properly and B) stretch them properly

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

FlossMan posted:

Not mine, but my buddy's...

That's right, a Cort Curbow fretless bass. Paired with the Ampeg BA112 he got, it sounds divine.

Edit:

He sends this pic of it our way...

Jesus christ, what is the scale length on that thing?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

FlossMan posted:

Canuck is right, it's 34", just like you'd expect. The body is so goddamned tiny, though.

I guess you guys are right - I didn't realize how small the body is on those things :sweatdrop:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

cubicle gangster posted:

This arrived on wednesday.

The display is hosed when I run anything more visually complex than a web browser, after half an hour of use of traktor the screen appears to start melting and poo poo gets fuckin' CRAZY.

Buying broken things is awful :(

Update drivers?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

Guitar Center is really loving awful. At least the accessories section.

I just went in with my $20 customer appreciation gift card looking to score some tort. But of course, they only carry flat white and flat black pickquards. What the gently caress? What is the point of that? I was totally looking forward to having a sexy tort transformation (tortformation) for this thread.

I guess I'll have to order one. Probably this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Standard-Strat-Pickguard-11-Hole-1HB2SC?sku=361292

Our GC nearby has a pretty decent selection of pickguards, but they didn't have an 8 hole 50's Strat one :smith:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Thank you UPS man (and Minto Took)!

She fits right in with the others. Finally my 60s Strat has a sunburst buddy :toot:

Wait, there's something rattling around in this case... gently caress I hope something isn't broken in th-

Bonus homebrew pedal!

He fits right in too. Thanks Minto :hfive:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Costello Jello posted:

How about a picture of that tele by itself? :gizz:

I put it together with roughly $700 in parts. It's an American Standard neck on a Highway One body. :swoon:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Juaguocio posted:

Here's my new practice amp. It has some mold growing on the inside, and you have to set the treble in one exact place to make it work, but other than that it's great!

TUBE BLASTER DRIVE

:hellyeah:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

pennywisdom posted:

Anyone play a Parker NiteFly before? I just had one offered to me in trade for my SG. Judging by the price it looks like I'm getting the better end financially, but I can't find one around these parts that I can go and try out.

Yes. They kick much rear end. Very easy to setup and they get a pretty versatile sound. The neck is pure sex, too.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Technically, it's my roommate's purchase, not mine, but I'll be playing it just as much:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

I'll take the Strat over the JEM too :guitar:

Pop a white pickguard on there and you have yourself a David Gilmour Strat ::drugnerd:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

cylyk posted:

While I'm posting, what pedal should I buy if I want to be cool?? I need to spend a gift certificate

EHX english muff'n

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Wow, the 60s reissue (i'm assuming MIM) is $870. I paid $835 for my 2004 USA Strat :gonk:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Audix Fusion drum mics. Normally I wouldn't go for drum mic packs, but I spotted this on eBay and ended up winning it for $102.50.

I've only used the two overheads, as I have an SM57 on the snare and a cheapo CAD mic on the kick drum. I'll put the other mics to use once I get some drum clips. So far the overheads alone have been worth the $100.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Sell the Reverend, that SG is badass.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

I too have a Freq Boost on the way :guitar:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

drat you Deal of the Day!

Another $30 pedal. Any experiences with this?

(who am I kidding, I'm going to buy it anyway)

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Gramps posted:

You forgot to mention that they sound shockingly awesome. Pretty quiet, and it sounded good in front of all 4 channels of my amp- which is really impressive to me. It makes my guitar puke harmonics all over the place. These things are an ideal lead boost. I bought 2 to turn around and make a quick buck, but I think I'm going to keep them now and keep one on my pedalboard and keep the other for a studio toy.

Got mine in too - this thing gets bright as hell. I only played it through my 60s Strat (vintage noiseless pickups) on a Hotrod Deluxe but it goes nicely with my other OD pedals. I like how it reduces low end a little, and I can't wait to try it on my Bassman (which I've hated lately since it's tough to get an even sound - it's either too bassy or too thin).

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

tommej posted:

this little baby arrived today :woop:

:hellyeah:

More Musicians Friend $30 pedal goodness:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-Wasabi-Distortion-Pedal?sku=151908

Anyone have experience with the Wasabi distortion? It's tempting, but I already have about 5 dirt pedals :o:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Okay - Musicians Friend needs to stop. Wasabi OD pedal for $30 :gonk:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Agreed posted:

If you don't have one, buy it, totally worth it. Excellent OD.

Do the Wasabi's take a standard Boss style AC adapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

Agreed posted:

Yep.

drat. Not sure where I'd fit it in here but I'll give it a shot: